just for the sake of argument, lets suppose one of your boys is gay, what really can you do about it? besides the obvious going into a screaming tantrum?  kick him out, disown him etc....   that won't change him. and I suspect your wife, his mother, will have something to say, maybe something you might not want to hear. then what? you going to tear up your entire family over it?  

What can you do about it? Psychotherapy.

yeah right rolleyes.gif that will work, only person that will benefit from that is the physiologist/physiatrist  , as he rakes in the big bucks. 

ever hear the joke;  how many physiatrist does it take to change a light bulb?

it only takes one, but the light bulb has to  watt to change.

forcing someone to do something they don't want or asked for, like forcing them to go to therapy,   will not change them. the person himself has to want to change.  

all therapy is predicated on one thing and one thing only, that the person himself seeks out help, not that someone thinks he needs to change and forces him.

would you be at all happy and want to change your political, religious views etc...  if someone forced you to see someone to change you?

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

just for the sake of argument, lets suppose one of your boys is gay, what really can you do about it? besides the obvious going into a screaming tantrum?  kick him out, disown him etc....   that won't change him. and I suspect your wife, his mother, will have something to say, maybe something you might not want to hear. then what? you going to tear up your entire family over it?  

yeah right rolleyes.gif that will work, only person that will benefit from that is the physiologist/physiatrist  , as he rakes in the big bucks. 

ever hear the joke;  how many physiatrist does it take to change a light bulb?

it only takes one, but only if the light bulb watts to change.

forcing someone to do something they don't want or asked for, like forcing them to go to therapy,   will not change them. the person himself has to want to change.  

all therapy is predicated on one thing and one thing only, that the person himself seeks out help, not that someone thinks he needs to change and forces him.

would you be at all happy and want to change your political, religious views etc...  if someone forced you to see someone to change you?

No, and neither would Ted Bundy or Pol Pot or Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson, etc.

Mental illness.

Any one of my boys comes home as a Homecoming Princess as anything but a joke and we are going to have a very serious problem.

I this case (juvenile) maybe.  Remember, this story is about a high school age boy.  Adult homo's in general do not bother me.  Do I think all this feel good queer shit is a good thing for our kids and our country?  No.  But we've got much bigger problems than fags right now so I don't let it bother me.

Now the flamboyant mother fuckers can fall straight off the face of the fucking earth and I'd be extremely ok with that.

If you have faith in the writings of the Bible, it is an abomination.

You are not to hate the sinner, you are to hate the sin.

If you don't agree with me, I don't care, just don't try to force your opinions on my children.    ( johnny has 2 daddys )  really?

Don't tell me to teach my children that a practice that will eventually end in non procreation is ok.

The science is not there to show anything other than a choice made by individuals with free choice.

I don't expect bible lessons in the schools, and I don't expect my children being taught others views on what is and what is not acceptable behavior.

Most of all, if you feel it is wrong and someone brings it up, have the guts to stand your ground and tell the truth.  

I BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD AND HE SAYS IT IS A SIN. IT IS NOT "OK" JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE SAYS IT IS.

I BELIEVE THAT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE IS THE CREATOR AND THE JUDGE,  AND WHAT HE SAYS IT MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE

ELSE'S OPINION.

Loving your brothers and sisters is not coddling them and telling them that it's ok to sin.

• Like 5

We could all learn from this man, he is my new hero.

FOX411: You’re not a fan of political correctness.
Phil Robertson: Listen to the definition according to Noah Webster. You gotta remember, right or wrong, I’m a guy who believes in Biblical correctness. Political correctness is this according to Webster’s dictionary: Conforming to what is regarded as orthodox liberal opinion on matters of sexuality, race etc. Usually used disparagingly to connote dogmatism, extreme sensitivity to minority causes, so if you read the definition according to the Webster’s dictionary, it’s not real favorable.

It’s just liberal opinion and I’m like, 'Well let me give you the Biblical view. I love all men and women on this earth, including by the way all the current terrorists who are lopping people’s heads off. I would rather sit down and have a Bible study with ‘em and put ‘em to Jesus because he’s all about life and what they seem to be into, it’s all about death. It’s just a sad situation we found ourselves in world wide.

You’ve got to remember, I’m not a preacher. I’m just one guy living on the river looking around saying, 'We might ought to try loving God and loving each other for a while and I think all these race problems would disappear.' Of course, I have the Biblical view of marriage. In the beginning, God made male and female and he said marriage is between the two, but I love all people. I just give them the Biblical view. The last thing I am is a man who hates people.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/15/phil-robertson-my-generation-screwed-things-up/?intcmp=features

Well   DUHHHH  Last i checked homosexuality is deviant.

Just like pedophilia.

Maybe we should push for laws, so they can be kidnapped and thrown in cages??  Ya know, like the druggies.  

Well   DUHHHH  Last i checked homosexuality is deviant.

Just like pedophilia.

Maybe we should push for laws, so they can be kidnapped and thrown in cages??  Ya know, like the druggies.  

Read the whole post, not just the sentence you chose.

I said its your life and your business ,  does that sound anything like what you are implying ???

NO IT DOESN'T!!!  you asinine TROLL !!

Yea, I read it, so did everyone else.  

You likened consensual acts between adults(legal) to criminal acts perpetrated against children, then basically said ' its their choice to do what they want'.  As if the two are even in the same ballpark, since I doubt youd take the same 'who cares' approach to pedophiles (as I certainly dont).

Hence, my absurd statement likening gays (legal) to the criminal act of using drugs, to point out the absurdity of your statement.

Im sorry if I offended you enough to call me savvy internet names.  Butthead.