Maybe this is too much

Pictures of my US parts converted Saiga 12. Ok, that's not too unique. What might be of interest is the bayonet I created. Here's a link to the pictures.

Saiga 12 bayonet

I figured, a big gun needs a big bayonet. So I took a $15 ar15 (has to be a chinese clone) bayonet and a $10 Harbor Freight hunting knife and there you go. It holds on nice and you can stick trees with it. :ded:

Maybe it would be good for boar hunting in Georgia?

Pictures of my US parts converted Saiga 12. Ok, that's not too unique. What might be of interest is the bayonet I created. Here's a link to the pictures.

Saiga 12 bayonet

I figured, a big gun needs a big bayonet. So I took a $15 ar15 (has to be a chinese clone) bayonet and a $10 Harbor Freight hunting knife and there you go. It holds on nice and you can stick trees with it. :ded:

Cool :smoke: blade and Saiga conversion man! Welcome aboard. You will fit right in here. :super:

Here's a shot of mine. The bayo works better with the thread protector but wtf. I like the FH. Can't wait to get my 74' brake!

post-1293-1138768372_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I need to get some optics on it. Probably a cobra sight. I might also figure out a forward rail system on top of the gas tube, much like what you can buy for the ak and vepr. An aimpoint would fit the bill then.

Also need to work on refinishing it. I'm thinking some options:

1. Parkerize and spray plastic paint on the stock

2. Blueing

3. I have a digital marine helmet so maybe digital marine camo? This guys does camo on stocks and has digital marine camo. www.camorevolution.com

I only have some 5 rnd magazines now. I'll definately take 2 to 4 ten rounds mags, depending on the price. (hint hint please let me buy at least Mr. I'm-going-to-buy-them-all.)

Saiga 12 bayonet

Cool :smoke: blade and Saiga conversion man! Welcome aboard. You will fit right in here. :super:

Here's a shot of mine. The bayo works better with the thread protector but wtf. I like the FH. Can't wait to get my 74' brake!

Cobra that is one cool ass shotty with that bayo and the laser, Tony did the mount didnt' he?

Does the shot not spread into the knife? Birdshot seems like it would...

That was my first thought too. I know other people have bayo's but none of them seem to extend as close to the barrel line as the OP's

Nah no problem on the bayonet with shot. It will get dirty but no marks. And this is with the open? (ie. the biggest opening) choke. It's had about 30 rnds fired over it. Slug, buckshot, and birdshot.

I'm also converting a saiga 223 I've had for awhile to use this bayonet. Hummm, maybe this thread should go in a "bayonet" section?

(I like bayonets, can you tell?)

That's a sweet looking setup Pointer! Yours is the first one I remember seing with the M7. That is the pic that made me want one. :up:

All the bladed Saigas here look great.

As for hitting the blade, I think folks have a misconception about shotties. The shot does not expand as quick as some seem tobelieve

Thanks Cobra.I have toned it down some as i removed the lazer and the Kobra site,so now its not as extream. :angel:

That's a sweet looking setup Pointer! Yours is the first one I remember seing with the M7. That is the pic that made me want one. :up:
Maybe this is too much, Pics of my Saiga 12 with bayonet

Not for this forum. Lot of new people, bringing "new" ideas.

Add it to the list of new modifications.

CAR stocks.

RIS rails

lasers

I think I even saw someone with a full out Surefire 400.00 plus...... Vertical foregrip light!

You'll fit in with alot of these new rifles, and shotguns.