I LOVE the $15-$17 dollar plastic hardshell cases at walmart... I can get two, if not THREE rifles in them... depending on how creative I am with positioning...

I also have a $50 dollar aluminum Walmart case for my Savage .204 Ruger... Only because its a dedicated case for the rifle... it doesnt get mixed and matched like the other cases do...

And for my .50 BMG... I had to order a specially LONG case from sportsmans guide... cost me almost a hundred bucks... but I needed the 60 inch length... due to the LONG barrel on the rifle...Although this case is no better than any of the cheapo walmart ones, honestly... In fact, I had the BMG in a cheap 15 dollar case for quite some time, I just had to thread and unthread the brake each time I shot/was done shooting to make it fit in the case...

To me... a case is camoflague for the trip to the range... and bump protection for the rifles in transit... nothing more...

:smoke:

well, Ive stored guns in old pants sprayed with wd40 with success. the longer guns go through both pant legs and get wrapped in a cloth, or broken down and split up. works pretty good actually. that is more of a storage thing for me though than a case I bring around. I will also wrap rags like that around barrels with rust on them to let them soak up lots of oil and whatnot. It is very indiscrete too, especially if you have a folder and its nice n short. cant have all kind of crap on the gun like big optics or stuff sticking out the side like a laser or light setup. I guess you could, but it makes a large spot that has air in it, and might cause problems if you have a setup like that.

...just a thought...

I don't worry to much about my cases drawing too much attention because whoever sees them usually ends up seeing what is in them and that always draws attention.

I like the Russian woodland camo SVD case I got from Bvamp for my AKS-12. It has a shoulder strap and loop handles with a velcro keeper. It has 5 large mag pouches with velcro closures and a large zippered pouch up front for targets, ammo, beer lol, whatever. I think it even floats.

I have an Ace assault weapon case for whatever Saiga or AK rifle I happen to be taking to the range and a Galati short assault case that is perfect for an underfolder at 30". They both have mag pouches on the side too. It's nice not to have to carry an extra bag for mags.

I bought a cheap assualt rifle case at the gun show a couple of wknds ago that I like. It too has the mag pouches and a front zippered pouch, a shoulder sling, is black and evil, and was only 25 bucks. It has a tag on it that says Bulldog Here's a link to their site.

http://www.elitetacticalsources.com/client....php?pid2=BD420

I am using the Bulldog case that COBRA linked to. They are great for carrying mags, adjustment tools, the rifle which can be scoped (or have a red dot affixed), and are durable. Evil black. Quality zipper. Hell of a good buy. I bought mine at Dunham's on sale for $29.99 + tax. Normal price is $39.99.

I have two and would buy another tomorrow if I needed one. I like the Bulldog line.

I also have several of the plastic cases Indy referenced. They are good for storing two weapons or a weapon and accessories but for the range.......get the Bulldog.

Wolverine

Use a range of cases here, from soft to the Walmarts to a Pelican with custom foam cutout. Regardless which case, I always include a patch of X-Corrode and Humidisorb in them to prevent oxidation and moisture. :up:

I was keeping my Saiga in a hard plastic Walmart case, But I don't use it anymore. All of my rifles hang on a rack in the house. When I go to the range or hunting, I just throw the rifles that are comming with me on the window rack in my truck. If I drive my car, they go in the trunk or on the back seat. I don't baby my guns anymore.

If I'm hunting, I bring a pocket full of shells, game calls....etc. If I'm target shooting, I load up all my ammo, targets, ear phones, stapler etc. in a plastic ammo crate and sling my rifles over my shoulder.

I found a rifle case to be less convenient for transporting what I needed. I borrowed a "tactacle" soft case from a friend once. It was a little better than the big old hard case, but not much. Once the novelty of my Saiga wore off, I stopped presenting it like a gold watch, and started treating it like an AK. I do the same with my other rifles. I just sling em!

Heres a pic of the case that I used when I pampered my rifle. The handguns are just perched there for show, I didn't case them like that.

post-1374-1138968515_thumb.jpg

Store in safe, transport in hard plastic cases, I have several, all cheapo sporting goods store or Cheaper Than Dirt ect.

Here in the peoples' repugnik of Maryland, all guns must be " transported in a seperate compartment from the operator and locked,

. Ammunition must be in a seperate compartment from firearms". They use this to confiscate your schnit if they can. Even stopping at the 7-11 for coffee can get your schnit confiscated.

I have painted 6 locks (keyed alike) RED. each guncase is a "seperate locked compartment". Let's see the IDIOT Ivey, the county gungrabbing prosecutor, explain how guns locked with highly visible locks could be legally confiscated!

G O B

I do like the hard side cases, use one for my Enfield, but the canvas/nylon bags are nicer, you can carry more long guns in each hand with them because the handles are sewn on, not rigid plastic.

The Ak gets the tactical bag, with room for 4 magazines and a large pocet in the front for tools, accesories, beer or whatever.

I have 2 Wolf tactical bags I put my S12 in and my Highpoint. I had to buy a 46" Guidegear tac bag for my X39 and it just fits. Damn that thing is long lol. I actually like the Guidegear bag better that the Wolf bags. All of which cost less than $20. I have a hard case as well which I usually throw my 22 in. I think I need to get another case for my Rubin.

I also use a gutted metal tool box to carry my ammo in. I can fit a few thousand rounds in it, and I can lock it. Seems to work better than the other things I have used in the past. I keep some cleaning components in there as well as a few tools to make adjustments with if I need to.