A few months back I purchased a used kimber 10mm target 11. Brand new they are right around $1,000 give or take a few. I found one used in 97% for $589 and feel this was a great buy. I've shot about 500 rounds through it and have had no failures with 5 differen't brands of brass. This is my 5th handgun and BY FAR the most accurate which it should be for what you pay for a kimber. Tolerances are tighter making it shoot tighter. Besides your custom handguns like Wilson Combat and Ed Brown do you guys think that any other semi-auto's compare to kimber because I've shot them all and I like it alot better than any Glock made.

Just curious... are you asking this as a question or are you just going to dismiss everything and keep announcing the Kimber 10mm's are the greatest thing since sliced bread?

If you would like to have a good discussion about 10mm options, try Glock Talk, they have a forum called "The 10 Ring", lots of good information there... not all Glock either.

Just curious again... have you ever fired a Glock model 20? How about any Glock? What didn't you like about it specifically? I know that the grip is hard for people to get used to as well as the trigger, but that is personal preference... in my experience, I have shot a Kimber 10mm like yours, a Dan Wesson 10mm 1911, and a Glock 20... out of all of them the Glock 20 was more accurate in my hands and had less precieved recoil by far out of the 3... but , to be fair, I shoot Glocks, a lot, so I just might be used to them.

Hello mr. curious!!!!!!!!!! Yes I will announce the kimbers greatness until something better comes along which I doubt it will. The question was asked to see what other opinions are out there. If your used to a Glock stick with it thats great, IF it works for you. I have shot a glock 20 and it was just OK but thats for me. I have also owned a glock in a 9mm. I just don't care for the square look of one and I'm not a real big fan of a plastic gun and will never again own a glock.

From the sounds of it your hands are used to a CHEAPER gun so you had better stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now guys. If Woody has found the perfect gun for him...great, we should all be so lucky. Hold your Kimber high and sing its praises! Also, if Wicked96SS is proud of his Glock, good for him! You all are comparing apples and oranges here (like the AK vs. AR argument). The 1911 style pistol vs the "plastic gun." I've shot Glocks and they aren't my thing, although I like polymer frame pistols for carry. I've heard good things from die hard Glock fans and kimber too is building a reputation as an accurate 1911.

Lets just keep an open mind and try to learn stuff here. Some guys on this forum are very knowledgeable and I've already learned alot.

I'd just like to interject here that I LOVE CHEAP GUNS!!! LOL I would also like to mention here that one of the things I weigh against when I purchase a gun vs some other gun of close price/specs is the fact of where it was made....I try to buy USA made stuff first, or something in good shape that used, in general. But thats just me. Id rather pay a little more even for american goods, just because those dollars arent going out of the country and possibly never returning here.

Edited by Bvamp
Hello mr. curious!!!!!!!!!! Yes I will announce the kimbers greatness until something better comes along which I doubt it will. The question was asked to see what other opinions are out there. If your used to a Glock stick with it thats great, IF it works for you. I have shot a glock 20 and it was just OK but thats for me. I have also owned a glock in a 9mm. I just don't care for the square look of one and I'm not a real big fan of a plastic gun and will never again own a glock.

From the sounds of it your hands are used to a CHEAPER gun so you had better stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, then, this post was merely you being a troll... okay... that's fine too...

Glocks are less expensive but they're still very high quality guns. I've shot glocks, S&W's, 1911's by Para Ordinance, Kimber and Colt as well as the knock-offs like Llama, FireStorm and Rock Island Armoury.

My personal preference is I like the feel of a 1911 in my hands. As for the better shooting of the lot, I've got to throw it all in for the HK USP Elite models. They're just frigging amazing but expensive as hell. We're talking about $1500 US brand new.

Me, I keep a Kimber for my personal protection at home. If and when my state allows CCW, I'll probably shoot for some el cheapo pistol like a Llama or Rock Island Armoury. Remember that inherent accuracy in the firearm counts but considering most firefights occur within 30 yards and closer, most of the guns shoot about the same for me out to 25 yrds.

Of course, if you're someone who's got the money to blow, go buy yourself a stainless steel Desert Eagle in either .44mag or 50 cal. That'll pack enough wallop to put down any perp out there and they're accurate out to 50 yrds. You got 2k to spend for one of them though? Then consider ammo too!

Edited by SammoH

Do I need to mention the over-pentration of the .50 cal or is that understood by everyone? I'd get one if the ammo was more common, and I refuse to get a Desert Eagle that's not in its true .50 form. Got to shoot a friend's a while back, awesome power!

post-20-1083130555.jpg

I would get a desert eagle if I were rich! Would never consider risking my life with it though... have shot a couple (LOADS of fun)... recoil is too much for me in a defensive pistol... too hard to get a second shot... and from what I have heard from many DE .50 owners, they are un-reliable...

For me, what I want in a defensive pistol is:

1. Reliability

2. Effective performance (what it shoots... 9mm, .45 ACP, etc.)

3. Accuracy (Let's face it... defensive situations are much closer than 30 feet... last I heard for civilians it is more like 7 feet, so accuracy doesn't really play into it).

4. Cost (always factors in everything eventually!)

For a range toy, throw away 1 and 2... go nuts!! DE .50 throws away all of them... but, dang... they sure are fun to shoot!

I had a Desert eagle .44 tin gold that was yes very expensive once I bought grips and the hollowsight I had over $1800 into it. I kept it for a few weeks and decided that it needed to go back. The reason it went back is with the money I spent on it there were flaws in the finish and for that kind of money it must be perfect but then again there isn't a DE that I've seen in any finish where the machined corners and the rest of its machining was that great thats just what you get with a DE.

Hey wicked troll your a real dandy arent ya!!! Whats up with that last comment of yours, is something wrong? COME ON TALK TO ME!!!!!!!!

I would love to tell you but, you have instructed me via email to "stay off your posts"... and you scare me... with that big bad overly priced 10mm and razor sharp wit...

That was sarcasm... by the way... thought I needed to explain that to you.

What I meant was: You start a post DARING people to challenge the greatness of the almighty Kimber, with no real intention of actually LISTENING to what people have to say... thus, that makes you a troll... thought I needed to explain that ot you as well.

BTW... it isn't a Kimber Target 11... it's a Kimber Target 2 (or II)... do you REALLY own one? I would think you would know that...

Edited by Wicked96SS
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey wicked are you gay or are you just one of those fags that can talk like he's got a pair on the internet but when it would really comes down to it you'd run back to your boyfriend!!!!!!!! SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :killer::killer::killer:

Wicked, I thought a troll was someone baiting people? you have to listen or at least get a feel for when to set the hook u know... hah haaaa

You start a post DARING people to challenge the greatness of the almighty Kimber, with no real intention of actually LISTENING to what people have to say... thus, that makes you a troll... thought I needed to explain that ot you as well.

I think you got it wrong dude...Im a troll and thats not what Im doing that makes you call me a troll :) HAD ta pop that in there guys, thanks :)

Hey wicked are you gay or are you just one of those fags that can talk like he's got a pair on the internet but when it would really comes down to it you'd run back to your boyfriend!!!!!!!! SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :killer::killer::killer:

No, sorry to dissapoint you, I am not a homosexual... and in preson, I am pretty much the same as I am online.

BVAMP - I appologize and bow to your Trolling knowledge... I should have said that he exhibited ONE of the troll characteristics, and that is baiting people just to argue with them. It is kinda sad that he is actually a Troll Wannabe... not informed enough to even argue.

Hey guys,we all have our favorite handguns,I love any good 1911--but the one I will always miss is a little .380 Beretta that I had years ogo when I ran night calls in D.C. puplic housing.That one would fit in the palm of my hand,amazingly a quick flash and situations that could have been very nasty -never happened. It is now long gone to the west coast with an ex-wife but I can guarantee none of you will ever own anything that you appreciate more than I did that little "pocket buddy".

G O B

• 2 weeks later...
Just got home from Scheels allsports and held a glock 20 10mm for the first time and it sure felt lightweight.  Wicked how much does that badboy weigh?  I think mine is approximately 2 1/3 lbs. 

Empty, with no magazine, it weighs 1.73 pounds.... with a full 15 round magazine, it is approximately 2.45 pounds.

i think thats the reason why i have such bad luck with glocks... they're so light weight, its hard for me to keep them on target

Chips, I actually have found quite the opposite. My only real experience is with 9mm and .45 ACP (for comparison, that is). By far my G21 is the softest shooting .45 ACP that I have ever fired. That has a lot to do with it's low bore axis and wide handle. Most people have problems with Glocks because of the angle the handle has to the slide... that was done on purpose to keep the size down as well as help absorb recoil. But, even though I am a plastic fanatic, I also realize that Glocks are not for everybody, because of the grip.

Edited by Wicked96SS
  • 2 months later...