Sprinfield 1911-A1 OD Green GI

As soon as they come in I was going to buy one. You can't beat the price. They are supposed to be like the

original they issued. Is anyone familiar with this weapon? I'm not to familiar with 1911's, will this model

be like a chevy 350? Can I race it out a little bit? Thats what is so great about 1911 is all the crap you can do to them. I won't buy if I can't trick it out a little bit.

GB

The sights are too tiny for my eyes and it was gnawing a bit on the webbing of my hand. Other than that, not too bad.

Also, wear a hat when shooting them. The rental I was shooting liked to land hot brass right on top of my head.

Edited by Rusty
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I got it and as far as looks go, I changed the grips, and if it shoots sweet,I won't change anything else.

My buddys all have Colts, and they already have all this Wilson Combat shit they say I have to put into it.

But I'd like to keep it stock as much as possible.

I don't have huge hands so I hope I don't get the hammer bite. Hopefully this weekend I can shoot it. I've been working non-stop since I got it.

Valor emailed me when they came in, and I ordered that night. Next day they were all out again, its probably

because cause they are so cheap! :super:

Here are some picks :smoke: (I need better lighting they are aa little yellow)

post-1936-1141094767_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1141094851_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1141094968_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1141095036_thumb.jpg

I got it for $385+shipping. They will get more in, but you have to be on your toes. I had them e-mail me

when they came in. I think retail they are selling for $450.00, which is still a great price for a Springfield 1911.

New handguns must be on the "approved list" with internal lock and the manufacturer has to supply a spent shellcasing to the Gestapo. The Beretta that is made in Maryland is illegal to sell here. (Does anyone else see the STUPIDITY in that?)

G O B

Ugly rifles (and Saiga's rifle or shotty) are classified the same. No shell game or built in lock for long guns, but they both require $30 dollar State background check-Only 1 per 30 day period, and 7 (state working) day hold before you can take it home. :cryss::cryss::cryss::cryss:

G O B

• 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 7 2006, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New handguns must be on the "approved list" with internal lock and the manufacturer has to supply a spent shellcasing to the Gestapo. The Beretta that is made in Maryland is illegal to sell here. (Does anyone else see the STUPIDITY in that?)

G O B

I just bought a Springfield 1911 GI .45 this morning. It had a sticker on the box that says "MD and NY OK" It also had a little package inside with the guns info on it and a spent case inside. They must be on the list now.

It looks like the prices are going up now. I had a hard time finding one locally and once I did I had to pay $499 for it. It is my first 1911. I haven't shot it yet, but I sure like it so far.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 7 2006, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

G O B

What's the point of supplying the casing? I imagine it's for a ballistic profile in case the gun is used in a crime, but changing a barrel is simple. Seems like the silly government is being stupid again.

The point is to throw as many BS obstructions in the path of gun buyers as possible, therefore reducing their numbers untill they can be ELIMINATED .

G O B

P.S. The shellcasing is for firingpin marks. This is BS as not one crime has ever been solved this way. The County prosecuter Ivey claims otherwise-BUT - it is a proven LIE.

Edited by G O B
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 7 2006, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

G O B

I just bought a Springfield 1911 GI .45 this morning. It had a sticker on the box that says "MD and NY OK" It also had a little package inside with the guns info on it and a spent case inside. They must be on the list now.

It looks like the prices are going up now. I had a hard time finding one locally and once I did I had to pay $499 for it. It is my first 1911. I haven't shot it yet, but I sure like it so far.

Wheres the pics man? What finish did you get? The last time I saw one before I ordered mine, was a parkerized one,and it was $450.00. Every other place I checked were out.

How do you like the checkered grips? I put Hogue wrap arounds on mine, and it feels really nice.

A guy at my local gunshop told me if you lightly take down the points on the checkering, and rub some oil

into them they feel pretty good. They probably look better too, they seem to be a little dry, unlike the gun

which was dripping with oil.

I haven't taken any pics yet because I will have to do it when my wife is not around. :devil: I like the feel of it, but I think I will get one of the grips like you have and save the original grips. Mine is parkerized. I paid too much for it, but they had it in stock, so I went ahead and bought it. This is my first 1911 and the only other semi-auto pistols I have owned were a .32 and a .22. I haven't shot it yet, but I will saturday. I will also try to get some pics saturday while my wife is at the gym.

My first pistol (in december when I turned 21) was a SA GI 1911. Only I bought one of the black finished ones. I havent had the bad experience of the hot brass landing on my head as of yet but I can tell you my friend Adam did lol. He pulled the trigger as fast as he could and got a hot brass rain as his reward!

I haven't taken any pics yet because I will have to do it when my wife is not around. I like the feel of it, but I think I will get one of the grips like you have and save the original grips. Mine is parkerized. I paid too much for it, but they had it in stock, so I went ahead and bought it. This is my first 1911 and the only other semi-auto pistols I have owned were a .32 and a .22. I haven't shot it yet, but I will saturday. I will also try to get some pics saturday while my wife is at the gym.

Lets guess... she doesnt KNOW you own it???? LOL :lol::up: :up:

:smoke:

Well, it had better be soon... Cause I am thinking... OH... $5.00 a week to keep my silence would be fair... ROFL!!!!

Just kidding... :lol: LOL

I really meant $10.00 a week... :up: :up:

HAHAHAHAH

Seriously, though... what you need to do is get SO MANY Guns... that another one just blends in... like I do... I just bought two more rifles, I wont even MENTION them.. and the wife will NEVER have a clue... just more of "them damn things that you never put away.. I am sick of guns always all over the house".... :)

Sometimes the BEST camoflague is hiding something in plain sight!!!

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 25 2006, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the Springfield are now MD legal - I gotta start a new savings account. I jus GOTTA have one in green. (or maybe 2 in green!)

G O B

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 25 2006, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the Springfield are now MD legal - I gotta start a new savings account. I jus GOTTA have one in green. (or maybe 2 in green!)

G O B

post-793-1143333249_thumb.jpg

Has to come with a spent shellcasing , and must be sold with an integral lock (there is a lock that goes into the chamber that has been OK'd for guns without the built-in) and be "listed" as approved by the handgun safty board.(list available under StatePolice section at WWW.maryland.gov)

The mag restriction for ALL firearms in MD is 20rd. max. (rifle,pistol of shotgun).

G O B

Indeed... thanks for the input, GOB. Thats interesting to know... :up:

How do they make an internal integral lock? does it fuck up the pistol in some way? or change the dynamics of them?

The last two pistols I bought had integral locks. As a matter of fact my wifes 870 home defense has one too.

On the springfield you wouldn't even know it was there unless you really looked for it. There is a little hole in the mainspring housing (it think thats what its called). You use a key to turn the lock inside the hole and the trigger will not pull, and I don't think the hammer will cock but I cant really remember.

On my taurus .357 it is on the back of the hammer and takes a allen head shaped key.

On my 870 it is on the safety button itself. The gun will still cycle, but you cant pull the trigger.

I never use any of them because to me it would be quicker to load an empty gun than to fumble around with a key trying to unlock one.

The last two pistols I bought had integral locks. As a matter of fact my wifes 870 home defense has one too.

On the springfield you wouldn't even know it was there unless you really looked for it. There is a little hole in the mainspring housing (it think thats what its called). You use a key to turn the lock inside the hole and the trigger will not pull, and I don't think the hammer will cock but I cant really remember.

On my taurus .357 it is on the back of the hammer and takes a allen head shaped key.

On my 870 it is on the safety button itself. The gun will still cycle, but you cant pull the trigger.

I never use any of them because to me it would be quicker to load an empty gun than to fumble around with a key trying to unlock one.

I agree, the only time I could see using it,is if I stuck it in a sock drawer, and locked it so my 4 yrold could'nt set it off. But if you're dumb enough to leave a gun out around kids ,you should'nt have one.

By the way I put 300 rounds through it saturday, and never got a hot casing. But I shot my friends Colt,and

I'm definately buying the extended guide rod,and trigger job. Other than that it shoots great.

No hammer bite either.