• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Browning FN MKIII finally arrived back from Fogle's Gunsmithing where she was reblued to a mirror finish, and most of her control parts nitre blued for accent.  I am very pleased with the final res

Yes, the CZ 75 series of 9mm pistols are very, very good. . .  which is why I went for a 75 B SA pistol, and then sent it off to "Ghost Products Inc." (CZ USA's Custom Shop) to have its single action

I was fortunate that week by reacting to the AIM Surplus email that I received fast enough to. . . secure one of the reported "select grade" condition Israeli police surplus FN MkIII (Browning Hi-Powe

Posted Images

There are points to made for several pistols listed and unlisted at this point. I shot a friends EAA Witness Limited gun (CZ-75 clone) and was truly impressed, but at the time there was no ambi safety so being left handed moved on. Shot a Para LDA 9mm (DA based on a 1911) again nice shooting gun but I’ve got too much tied up in Glock stuff to change over to something else now. I did think the LDA trigger was better than Glocks.

My Glock 19 may or may not be the best “Wonder Nine” but I never have to wonder if it will work. It has always functioned flawlessly, shoots better than I can, so too late in the game to change even if there is something better out there.

Changing pistols requires an investment in both money and practice and at 62ish I’m done investing.

While it's not something that I've needed it's nice to know if I need a part for the Glock I can get literally anything for the pistol in a day. I wouldn't want to get a gun that if something was broken I had a long wait to find and get a part to the house, just something else to consider in a selection.

• Like 2

My K100 will skull fuck every pistol mentioned on this thread and it's not even their target model. :)

I've noticed you really like the GP pistols,particularly the K100. What's so great about them?

The biggest thing is the amazing trigger. Clean, crisp and quick short reset. Very light. Da good sa target grade out of the box. Good sights that can pound tent stakes. Quick to get back on target because it recoils predictably. Awesome ergonomics and very durable materials that clean up easy. Unreal reliability when neglected and used as a tool. It's a 400 dollar pistol that can take GI issued abuse and use while hanging with the customs on the range. It's kinda like the guy who shows up at the turkey shoot with a savage and beats all the yuppies with tacticool sniper ninja rifles. Very good bang for the buck. I really love it. I want the 45r some day soon. In one word I would describe this pistol as instinctual. Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 1

How different is the grand power from a Beretta storm? Is the rotating barrel assembly similar?

The Storm is pretty cool, when you tear it down you will see that the storm has more parts to mess with and the rotary locking mechanism is different than the browning type cam on the k100. It creates more tip up than the K100. The magazines on the K100 are almost ejected when you hit the release on either side. The PX4 retains the magazine and you pick what side the mag release will be on. The Px4 has a long smooth and heavier trigger. The trigger on the K100 is shorter with a much shorter reset. In SA the K100 is better than most custom trigger jobs on target pistols. The finish on the barrel is unfortunately bright on the K100 but the entire rifle is nano coated magic something that cleans of with a rag and no chemicals. The barrel on the storm is lower and the ergonomics are very strange to me but you can adapt to it with time.

Other than an idea borrowed by browning, the storm and the k100 aren't even in the same area code. The K100 is about a billion times more accurate than the storm.

STI imported them under the name GP6 years ago for about 700 bucks since they were the only importer and could set the price for their small batches. They were used for competition shooters over here while the Slovak models were being sold to police and military around europe. Later, they were imported by the monkeys at CIA and finally they were picked up by Eagle Arms on the east coast where I believe they will eventually get noticed like Glock and CZ did over time.

You can still find the k100 that cia imported for around 400 bucks. It's a screaming deal. The Eagle ones, exactly the same are 600 bucks. Go figure.

Okay, been doing a lot of surfing on the K100 and I admit, I'm impressed.  However, I haven't found any durability and reliability tests.  You know, the old drop, pound, mud, water, and dirt test type stuff that you see all the other wonder nines subjected to.  Anything out there showing that kind of data with regards to this little handgun?

• Like 2

I just want to see it run with mud. That's all. It looks like an extraordinary design, and I'm really impressed with the barrel, but how does it stand up to real abuse? Logic dictates that any mud on the surface should have zero impact on the reliability, but I want to see it.

Edited by DLT

Okay, been doing a lot of surfing on the K100 and I admit, I'm impressed.  However, I haven't found any durability and reliability tests.  You know, the old drop, pound, mud, water, and dirt test type stuff that you see all the other wonder nines subjected to.  Anything out there showing that kind of data with regards to this little handgun?

I beat the shit out of mine. They are being purchased and used all over the world in competition, private contractors, military and police. They are very high speed, low drag and are designed by a soldier who hires his fellow soldiers in Slovakia. I'm rooting for them as my wife is a Slovak and the Slovak people impress me with their mechanical and production abilities. I will try to find you some destruction tests. I'm sure you have already seen the +p+ Uzi ammo carnage. 

.......what?....oh nothing. Just a cricket.

There was a nasty video made in Russia where they played in the mud with it. Drove over it with a Studebaker. Another in the us where the civilian froze his gp6 in the snow. Gp just got an order after this military test in Pakistan. This is the K105 that is a select fire pistol. I'd give my left one for a K102 that pops off twice every pull so fast you can't hear it. Reset is nuts.... 

• Like 3

It's good to be skeptical. An unknown pistol suggested by an asshole from up north should raise some suspicion.

Maybe a range near you has a rental? Everybody that shot my K100 ended up with one. In for he years they will be as common as cz. Maybe even Glock?

Go find one at a shop and pick it up. Does it feel lucky?

Haven't seen any in the indoor ranges. I've got an ffl, so I could always order one. And just for the record, I would never call you or anyone else on this site an asshole. I value you and all the other members here. We are all kindred spirits my friend, who share common values. We may all be different in geography, age and even ethnicity, but I still consider all of you my brothers.

• Like 1

Haven't seen any in the indoor ranges. I've got an ffl, so I could always order one. And just for the record, I would never call you or anyone else on this site an asshole. I value you and all the other members here. We are all kindred spirits my friend, who share common values. We may all be different in geography, age and even ethnicity, but I still consider all of you my brothers.

You are a very cool person.

And just for the record, I would never call you or anyone else on this site an asshole.

Everybody here is an asshole.

Why do you think I feel so at home?

• Like 5

thanks brother! but seriously, I'm an asshole. just ask the old timers here!

https://grandpower.eagleimportsinc.com/grandpower/firearms/

still looking for the duce running over it in the mud/clay

https://youtu.be/K7rCCxzp1HM

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 2

TUNDRA,

YOU JUST MISSED A BATCH OF HI-POWERS OVER AT AIM SURPLUS, RANGING FROM $429-499, DEPENDING ON CONDITION.

AIM HAS HAD SEVERAL BATCHES OF THESE RECENTLY, SO I'D GO OVER THERE AND GET SIGNED-UP FOR A NOTIFICATION THE NEXT TIME THEY HAVE THEM IN STOCK. . . .

I was fortunate that week by reacting to the AIM Surplus email that I received fast enough to. . . secure one of the reported "select grade" condition Israeli police surplus FN MkIII (Browning Hi-Power) 9mm pistols.  Even paid the additional $10 for 'hand pick."   Upon inspecting the pistol after its arrival. . . . the matching serial numbered barrel appears to me to have never been fired (though that's gotta be unlikely).  The exterior bluing on the slide's forend was rather worn; it must have been carried and holstered a great deal, and the pistol's plastic grips were somewhat dinged-up (not that I care; I'll be replacing them in short order with a set of Craig Spegel wood grips) . . . . to the point that normally I would believe the pistol should have been catorgized as "in good condition" verus excellent.  Yet, it is a surplus police pistol and it was AIM Surplus that I purchased it from, so. . . . I suppose in their view, it was in excellent condition.

Took the pistol out to the firing range for the first time this past Saturday, and. . . . I was friggen thrilled by how well she shot; her POI was very tight.

Got plans for this baby. . . . gonna send her off to be completely re-blued to a high polish and I'll trick her out in a few other ways as well.  This was a super-fantastic purchase. 000.gif

FN%20Mk%20III%20pistol_zpsovgwuz5p.png

Edited by Gary
  • Like 5