Since the congress has refused to push universal background checks for now, the freedom haters have taken another tack.

After the success of the anti-freedom ballot initiative in Washington the gun-grabbers are going for ballot measures in every state that allows ballot measures by petition.

This effort is well funded and organized by the likes of bloomberg and brady center.  (The bitch is dead but her organization is alive and well.)

The ballot measure for expanded background checks registration in Nevada has already been qualified.  Many of the remaining 17 states that allow ballot measures will see petition drives shortly.

The sheep will vote for this.  Be prepared.  This is a different kind of fight. 

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gun-control-state-ballot/2015/01/03/id/616248/

• Like 1

This is just what I predicted when this shit went through with my neighbors to the North.

The anti freedom crowd was actually surprised how successful this crap worked in Washington state with little to no resistance. They will rinse and repeat anywhere and everywhere they can find enough useful idiots to vote against their own freedom.

My home state will probably fall right into lockstep, I'm surrounded by useful idiots. By the time most of them learn the truth it's going to be to late.

they are attacking my state, Oregon,  right now!

Bloomberg bought the democrats, they have a majority,  and are cramming it down our throats now, no peoples vote, nada....suck it up and eat shit is their attitude

senator Thatcher got a minor halt on it for more discussion with an amendment to change it to....felons drivers licenses would be marked as "not eligible" as a compromise instead of registration, they ignored it and are back to fast tracking it thru for governors signature

once this passes, I will be a criminal using our family rifles & shotguns to protect our live stock from the coyotes & bears (unlawful transfers) and will be forced to buy my additional weapons to protect the same damned property.....there is no provision to exclude inlaws ....yet I own property with inlaws! ...............they have already begun with a second bill to make it illegal to have your weapons not locked up....to keep children from access.........I expect to see Hi Cap Mags banned aswell

I will not comply ..........fuckin gun grabbing tards

we have already begun  pre-emptive recall petition papers etc etc and have threatened the dem's with this recall, but they are just ignoring us to payback their Bloomberg debt

• Like 1

Hopefully NRA fights to stop this and not come to a compromise.

NRA is doing jack shit for Washington or Oregon they just keep hounding us 3-4 times a week by phone and email for financial support to fight for gun rights .........

NRA isnt the same NRA my Dad belong to .....its all about soliciting..baiting new members with CHEAP FREE NRA SWAG with your new membership!.....and god forbid La Pierre give up some of his million dollar salary to defend the 2nd

• Like 1

What better way to create criminals than to make rational actions illegal?

I just try to remain peaceable, gave up on law abiding. Must be pretty difficult so close to the Kali utopia.

Just wait for the massive migrations out of CA when the water dries up, politics will of course come in tow.

Don't worry all these laws won't be worth a damn when the SHTF.

In the meantime....massive civil disobedience is always an option.

I'm sick of getting shit on! I feel like captive in my own country.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

lol, let me predict what you will hear and get from the NRA, from someone here in WA that just watched it all happen.

First of all the NRA will do basically nothing. The NRA spent a minimum of effort and money here in WA, sending in two reps to run booths at state fairs and assist in running cold-call phone banks to WA NRA members - i.e. echo chamber.

Meanwhile Bloomberg and all the local tech billionaires had back to back commercials on every major local station 24/7. I'm not kidding you, I should've recorded a video on my phone when it was going on. Every single commercial break had one commercial for I-594, sometimes two. Professionally produced and, frankly, looked damn good. Sure they were pure bullshit, full of lies and misleading statements and statistics, but they obviously spent serious dime on these things and flooded the airwaves. What middle-aged stay at home soccer mom could miss them?

NRA? No commercials on TV, radio, or newspaper, except for one on FOX News (echo chamber again) and... Youtube. Yeah, Youtube. Because that's where average adult voters are influenced on voting decisions.

The average retard votes mainly based on what they see on TV. The NRA, I guess, is not aware of this.

To add to that, all of the local media reporting was so over-the-top obviously bought and paid for, anybody who knew anything about firearms or firearms law could see it. Several local major papers endorsed the initiative immediately after it received signatures, which pretty much guaranteed no unbiased reporting. It was hilarious and sad to watch. Several local TV stations had "special reports" on the I-594 bill and they all came to a remarkably similar conclusion and recommendation to WA voters, which was that I-594 was a "common sense" step to get guns out of criminals' hands, and that everyone should vote enthusiastically YES for I-594. Gee, haven't heard that before. Surely it will work this time.

Additionally your local media will pick a local drive-by shooting or some such to showcase a week or two before the election, which they would otherwise completely ignore under any other circumstance.

It seems clear to me that the NRA either 1) has zero clue what they're doing, 2) they just don't want to spend the money, possibly believing that Bloomberg will throw every last cent he has at this until the NRA is bankrupt, or 3) or they are operating under the convoluted plan that, once these initiatives are successful in more states, it will give the NRA a good reason to send out more mailers asking for money so that they can fight against initiatives they never attempted to resist in the first place.

Oh and don't forget: you will also get plenty of people telling you that the NRA stands for NATIONAL Rifle Association, and therefore they somehow should have no obligation to assist your state's members in fighting state-level legislation/initiatives. We in WA heard this shit time and time again when we asked "where's the NRA?" in the leadup to the elections. Not every state has a strong pro-2A organization capable of putting up the same fight that the NRA has. Here in WA we never really had to, because up until the last decade or so, WA has just been naturally pro-2A by way of culture. Unfortunately the state's culture has been eroded and homogenized over that time frame, and so has yours. Your anti-gun initiatives will be fought for and most likely won by the imported citizens in population centers. Sorry, it sounds defeatist and it sucks, but I don't see these efforts being resisted at all whatsoever by the major pro-2A organizations.

I will give huge props to Adina Hicks and Brian Judy from the NRA, they put up a good fight. Brian Judy made the pro-594 people look like fools in the state capitol and in public debates. If the vote were as simple as the people seeing those debates, I-594 would've failed. Its' supporters clearly had no idea what the law would actually do, or how it would be enforced by prosecutors and law enforcement. That didn't matter though, because it was not written by them, and they were just talking heads as far as this bill was concerned. The real money and structure is coming from Bloomberg and pals.

Good luck... After they pass this they will be back for more bullshit. The pols here in WA are already talking about "safe storage" laws and another run at a state AWB or mag ban next.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

they backed off in washington because they didn't want to help out another non profit group that was fighting bill gates bullshit.

*they only care about CA, NY, MD, MA...

SAF is the only organization that really did or is doing anything about 594. NRA is still too busy producing glamour shows for buyers of luxury firearms and cognac.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

Once again the enemy attacks our rights and we waste our time and effort bitching about the NRA.

Its your goddamn freedom. If you don't think the NRA is doing enough then give your money to a different organization. Or contact your reps. Or find some other way to make a difference.

Bitching about somebody who didn't do enough in your opinion is a waste of time.

• Like 3

Once again the enemy attacks our rights and we waste our time and effort bitching about the NRA.

Its your goddamn freedom. If you don't think the NRA is doing enough then give your money to a different organization. Or contact your reps. Or find some other way to make a difference.

Bitching about somebody who didn't do enough in your opinion is a waste of time.

Hey, someone simply expressed hope that the NRA would do something. Based on recent experience, I simply relayed the likelihood of that happening.

I donated to SAF and it didn't make much difference either - SAF pushed their own stupid initiative (I-591) instead of fighting directly against I-594.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

Usually those who bitch the most are actually the ones who personally contribute the least. 

I am not a life or endowment member, can't afford that kind of support, but you can find plenty of them here in WA who feel that they were abandoned.

• Like 1
I donated to SAF and it didn't make much difference either - SAF pushed their own stupid initiative (I-591) instead of fighting directly against I-594.

yeah Im bitching they took our money and did JACK SHIT & still 2-3 times a week are hounding us by phone soliciting for more fucking cash........ I donted to OFF, NRA & SAF...........

looks like OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation).....is our states best bet...they seem to be doing the most to stop this egregious attack.

edit: Oregonians are appreciating the backup FROM OFF,

OFF  just posted yesterday they are OVERWHELMED with our Oregonian donaters they are completely STUNNED by the financial support & cant even reply to the emails with donations for some time in the future

so much for bitchers not paying their own way

Edited by wasrNwarpaint

Sometimes you have to choose the battles you have a chance to win

OR and WA are so libtard corrupt I doubt anything can change it

its the bloomberg corruption buying democrat politicians.....Oregonians dont even get a say or vote on this crap ....bloomberg bought democrats are fast tracking it thru with a big screw you

we have the most relaxed gun laws in the country ....anything goes

• Like 1

This is just what I predicted when this shit went through with my neighbors to the North.

The anti freedom crowd was actually surprised how successful this crap worked in Washington state with little to no resistance. They will rinse and repeat anywhere and everywhere they can find enough useful idiots to vote against their own freedom.

My home state will probably fall right into lockstep, I'm surrounded by useful idiots. By the time most of them learn the truth it's going to be to late.

It was pretty expensive. Bill Gates and his commie buddies spent millions on brainwashing. I believe it will be destroyed in court. NRA gives not a fuck since GOA was fighting it all along.

Usually those who bitch the most are actually the ones who personally contribute the least.

Or the ones who gave the most and got fucked by two faced whores.

I am not a life or endowment member, can't afford that kind of support, but you can find plenty of them here in WA who feel that they were abandoned.

+1 I have given to all 3 and expect to do so many times in the future. However, it is discouraging to see them spend what I give on sending mailers back to me rather than actively fighting.

SAF is at least doing a lawsuit. The others have value, but in this fight, SAF has been doing the most stuff and the most useful stuff. They are better at the legal stuff, but not as good at getting the word out as the NRA. When the NRA cares enough to try anyway, which I don't think anyone can argue they did at all here. NRA gets plenty of dues in WA, but I guess they didn't care to spend them here. IMO it has cost them a lot of credibility in this state.

I personally persuaded several people who were planning to vote for I-594 and are generally left leaning. It only took explaining one or two quicky situations to convince them that I-594 was a bad plan for gun control methods. They simply had not heard any negatives about it until I talked to them. All the big organizations failed to clearly communicate a couple simple messages.

I-594 makes the following two situations that even most antis agree with illegal. 1) taking a pistol away from a suicidal person for a while. 2) Privately lending a 22 for the day to teach gun safety to youth, or a threatened woman. If any of the big organizations had used either point for a simple direct message, I think the bill would have tanked.

+1 I have given to all 3 and expect to do so many times in the future. However, it is discouraging to see them spend what I give on sending mailers back to me rather than actively fighting.

SAF is at least doing a lawsuit. The others have value, but in this fight, SAF has been doing the most stuff and the most useful stuff. They are better at the legal stuff, but not as good at getting the word out as the NRA. When the NRA cares enough to try anyway, which I don't think anyone can argue they did at all here. NRA gets plenty of dues in WA, but I guess they didn't care to spend them here. IMO it has cost them a lot of credibility in this state.

I personally persuaded several people who were planning to vote for I-594 and are generally left leaning. It only took explaining one or two quicky situations to convince them that I-594 was a bad plan for gun control methods. They simply had not heard any negatives about it until I talked to them. All the big organizations failed to clearly communicate a couple simple messages.

I-594 makes the following two situations that even most antis agree with illegal. 1) taking a pistol away from a suicidal person for a while. 2) Privately lending a 22 for the day to teach gun safety to youth, or a threatened woman. If any of the big organizations had used either point for a simple direct message, I think the bill would have tanked.

This scenario is now a big sticking point for several legislative proposals. The types of people who supported 594 don't want friends or family to take those firearms away, they want the police to do it, and they want to make it as difficult as possible to return them. I believe several PDs during the runup to 594 even expressed concern that they would not be able to return firearms directly to their owners, as there were no exemptions spelled out in the law. As far as I understand it, if you follow the law explicitly you have to involve an FFL and NICS to get firearms returned from any police seizure.

As for SAF.. When SAF put a bit of money towards TV ads, it was to promote I-591, and the ad was barely coherent. Imagine if SAF had spent the same money on a basic ad that pointed out the number of pitfalls with I-594, it might have narrowed the margins enough to put 594 in jeopardy - but, they didn't.

Edited by mancat

Or the ones who gave the most and got fucked by two faced whores.

there is a man that knows whats right....well said......  couldnt express myself so well

I have  run into many that jump to defend the NRA lately over the bashing the NRA is getting, mainly because they are lifetime members.

I was jumped by some other NRA sycophants on another board even worse for posting the actual truth about what the NRA ISNT doing for the west coast people except hounding us for cash.......CONTINUALLY

maybe the bashing the NRA is getting lately for soliciting instead of fighting for our rights makes them feel insecure about their convictions towards the NRA ....makes ya feel a little silly does it?

the NRA isnt your grandads NRA...., its all about urgent news reports, & scare tactics on gun grabbers for soliciting purposes, to suck your cash so that some get million dollar salaries

if that isnt bad enough the sell your name and address to third party scammers, they will send you a CD on self defense....it arrives the same time frame as the NRA free swag .....you throw it in the trash because it sucks and then 60 days later a second entity begins to hound you for the money you OWE them for the training CD.....you send me shit I dont order.....I dont pay.....I told them to get fucked.....only then will they stop hounding you for what they SAY you owe them

thats your todays NRA

Edited by wasrNwarpaint