I have to rant a little bit here!!

I went to gander mountain today to buy new shotgun and a pistol they had ordered for me.

I get there only to realize that they are having a big gun cleareance sale today only.

I wait in line for 1/2 hour then remember that i left my ordering info in the car, so i go back out and get it then get back into line for another1/2 hour. I get to the counter give the guy my info and tell him i want a new nova shotgun to go with my order.

I had already filled out the paper work for the pistol when i put 1/2 down for the order so im thinking that there will be no problem getting my stuff. I could not have been more wrong!!

I ordered the pistol a 8 weeks ago, which pissed me off that it took so long but i thought no big deal, i will let it go and not bitch too much about it.It was worth the wait.

anyway, now i have a pistol and a shotgun and i filled out the paperwork and give the guy my DL. while he is checking my P.W. there were about 40 people waiting in line and another 20 looking at the gun racks.

the guy doing my paperwork looks up and says i can't sell you these guns because your DL address is differant than the one i put on the paper.I can't believe it!! now everybody in the gun room is looking at me and i don't know what to say!! I explain to the guy that i have already passed the paperwork the first time and i just want my shit. i have already put money down on it and i have waited 8 weeks and i have never had any trouble like this before. I have bought guns before when my address didn't match and there was never any trouble at all. plus they already did the paperwork and there wasn't a problem before. the guys says tough im not selling you these guns and move on the next person in line totally dismissing me!

well fuck him!!! i start screaming for the manager and all this shit while the guys behind me are backing up away from me. the older guys behind me are like thats bullshit give him his guns he paid for it and are backing me up.

the manger gets there and i explain my problem and he listens to me rant for 10 minutes then tells me that the laws have changed the paperwork has changed and the addresses have to match and whoever took my info last time did it wrong and i can't get my money back. the people standing in line here this and they start bitching to the manager about how im being treated.

It's not my fault the employee did it wrong or whatever, at this point i just want my money back and i will go someplace else. so the manager seeing all of these people bitching and moaning and some leaving says to me that he will give me a COUPON to the store for the amount i had put down on the gun. I'm screaming no i want my money, i want my money, i want my money!!!

after 15 minutes of yelling and screaming i get my money back and i am told to never come to this store again!! when i left almost 40 people came behind me saying that they would not buy from there again if this is how you treat your customers. I got my money back just because the manager wanted me to be quiet and go way and because of all the people in the room who were going to buy agreed with me.

if i didn't make a scene i would have gotton screwed.

All of the guns i have bought over the years have been all over the state of ohio, and i used to move alot so my addresses have changed alot, and i have never had any trouble with that before.

just needed to get that off my chest!!!

now i have to order my pistol again from somewhere else and go through this again!!!

I dont buy anything from gander mountain. why? because I got an attitude from one of the gun sales guys because I asked if a technical mount would fit on one of thier dune buddies. I tore that guy a new asshole. "you dont need that". ok. sure. and you dont NEED a gun either, I suppose right?

I have zero tolerance for that type of shit.

It's something about gun stores...there are the RUDEST people at them. There's four gun stores within an hour of me. I've had a huge falling out with two of the four, think the third is operated by complete idiots, and I love the fourth. Gun store owners/workers seem to be very condescending and unhelpful. Sorry to hear about your frustrations, but find one you like and stick with them...and hope those stupid dicks get f***ed up by karma sooner or later.

They screwed up on the paperwork and then wouldnt give you your money back? I would have been screaming too. It seems to be true about gunshops. Some I never visit twice unless they have something I cant get anywhere else. The number of gunshops is dwindling. Probably because of Wally World. Hard to compete with them. If you find a good small shop, stick with him even if you have to pay more. BTW, I remember when Gander Mountain was run out of the guys house. Used to have the best prices on anything. There was a time when you could get a new Marlin 336 from him for 62.00.

I have a shop back home that I go to exclusively. great guys to deal with, lots of good CHEAP stuff and ammo, and LOTS of good guns, that change weekly. When I say cheaper, I mean cheaper as in better prices than almost everywhere on the internet for everything.

90% of the gunshops I have gone into across the country were either total assholes, total idiots, a mixture of both, or in one case, only had the shop for persoanl reasons. Ive even had a guy refuse to deal with me outright because I was from NY. almost every gunshow Ive been too was LOADED with the assholes of the gun community. whats even better, is most of them dont know thier ass from a hole in the ground.

and that is one of my main reasons for not being in the NRA.

The small mom and pop shop i deal with most of the time went out of business a year ago. even though i did pay more you couldn't beat the service. I didn't mind that you could always go to the shop and sit around and have coffe(free by the way) and listen to the old men bullshit eachother. when you walked into the shop everyone in the shop said hello and the owner always called you by name.

just another example of how things used to be.

what are you gonna do?

WTF does dealing with a bunch of asshole gunshop owners have to do with not being an NRA member, Bvamp? :unsure:

It's not like the NRA has anything to do about how they decide to conduct their business matters.

Not questioning your judgement here, just trying to figure out how you rationalize something lke that?

You said it Ironhead and Toad, the best way to go is to find a small family or individual owned gun shop and stick with it. The guy I deal with exclusively has a little shop maybe 20 x15 right behind his house and no big sign by the road. He can get most anything someone wants if they don't have the resources to find it themselves online. I prefer to shop online for most stuff or buy thru this or other forums but when I want a few boxes of ammo I know I can go to my buddy and pay less than I would ordering online and save time and shipping. He sells me 12 ga shells for 3 bucks a box of 25 and Wolf or PMP .223 @ 2 bucks a box of 20. He does transfers on my out of state guns for $20.00 ea. Even though he doesn't advertise much there are always a few people in there when I go. They are always friendly and, like you said, say hello whenever someone else enters the store and usually call them by name. What a cool job!

Sorry you guys are overrun with a$$holes. Here in the peoples republik of MD, the gunshop owners and clerks are almost allways happy to deal , and friendly. The prices are outragous, but that is mainly the fault of the anti-gun state house.

G O B

I dont join the NRA until I hear out of thier mouths that gun control enforced on clean (enough), decent americans is a violation of the constitution. If or when (yeh, right) they say that, they will have a lifetime member. until then, Im not supporting them. Its my right to not choose, as well, you know.

Personally... even though I am in NY... I have had SUPER service with OUT OF STATE gunshops...

one in Ky, one in NC...

Gilberts, in Ky... Classic Arms, in NC.

Both are exceptionally polite in their customer service, and I feel they GO OUT OF THEIR way to make sure I get the best gun for my money they can give me! EVEN when I live in NY!!!!!

You can bet I will CONTINUE to spend my money at both of these FINE shops... and if you want good service, I cant HELP but recommend them both highly!!! :up:

:smoke: