Howdy, Going to invite some friends over (up to 8 who will eat seafood) and try a crab boil this weekend.  I have a big turkey fryer pot, strainer, and burner to cook on (two actually).  Plan to include blue crabs (medium in size), crawfish, shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes (no carrots as my brother in law is allergic).  Since the wife doesn't eat crab I can kick it up as much as I want.  I want it with lots of flavor and enough heat to make you want to eat just one more.  I am a fan of Old Bay but I am open to suggestions. I was leaning toward a boil because it seems easier than a steam.  All suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!  

Cook the sausage, corn and potatoes first.

Then just before you eat put the crab and shrimp in as per cooking time for each. When done strain and dump in a big wide pan, or just dump on paper at the table. This stops the cooking

If you put it in all at one time the shrimp will be rubbery and the crab will loose a lot of its flavor.

Good eating!

• Like 2

Here, we cook the potatoes, corn coblettes and sausage separately.  Low Country Boil AKA, Frogmore Stew....

Old Bay is okay... Zataran's makes a decent seafood boil too.  With either one, add 2 or 3 bay leaves.  I makes a difference.

032.gif

Macbeau...

• Like 1