Russian hiker performing surgery on HIMSELF on the mountainside - using just SNOW as an anaesthetic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3062668/Incredible-video-shows-Russian-hiker-performing-surgery-mountainside-using-just-SNOW-anaesthetic.html

I watched it eating chips and sour cream. Yum!

Medicine is very cool science!

Wiki was no help providing treatment (Liability, I'm sure).

Crazy video though.

Fresh snow (numbing) would have fewer bacteria and alcohol wipes would be best on the cutting site.

That's a nasty bruise!

Edited by Sim_Player

I once had a very large sliver of wood, about 3/8"square x 8"long, that skewered my hand, and a brand new leather glove, completely. It went through the meaty part between the thumb and index finger right next to the bone. Hemlock is very much like a porcupine quill. It won't back out. I was alone, nowhere near medical attention and this was before the days of cell phones. I'm glad my leatherman had a  sharp blade. Yeah, I got it out after breaking off both ends to take the glove off. Pain is relative when you want it to stop.

I still have the scar.

post-23857-0-69414100-1449156259_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I had a sliver once, took it out all by myself :haha2:

From underneath my finger nail with a needle nose, also a BB from the same spot as YOT. Just pushed the BB out, 40 years ago when we could still have BB gun wars.......

Unlike most kids today who damn near pass out over a paper cut

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

Shot the palm of my hand with a nailgun once.

Went to the ER only to have the doctor summon a nurse to grab a toolbox (looked like it came from a utility closet) for a pair of pliers, LMAO!

I tried it on the jobsite first, without success.

Three hours with a nail in your hand sucks balls.

Edited by Sim_Player

I used to have to run night service calls to D.C. publick housing. Arthur Cappa was a 6 man call for the Metropolitan Police Force, and all I had was a .25 Beretta that would get me 10 yrs in jail.

THAT does not even get me close the people who amputate an arm or leg to survive! They are the badest of the bad!

• Like 1

Of course, this pretty much takes the cake.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1542344/

Myself, I never leave home without at least one sharp knife (usually a couple/three). The question is: how long would it take for me or anyone else here to decide to use it...

This is the first thing I thought of. That dude has the WILL TO LIVE.

Faced with sack up and live or die, pass or fail test I guess.

• Like 2

I used to have to run night service calls to D.C. publick housing. Arthur Cappa was a 6 man call for the Metropolitan Police Force, and all I had was a .25 Beretta that would get me 10 yrs in jail.

THAT does not even get me close the people who amputate an arm or leg to survive! They are the badest of the bad!

I've actually been about 15 minutes from cutting my finger off to get free. 

REALLY strange how it didn't bother me at all that I was going to do it.

ETA, I've seen a lot of bad stuff on the net, that was about all I could take for some reason, when he stuck his finger in there  015.gif

Edited by toothandnail

Not that big of deal.  At least he had snow.  Also consider riding an enduro motorcycle event with a broken outer right lower leg.  Finished also.  Or finishing the fire department shift with a right ear totally blistered from being a little bit too close to the fire.  Then going to the ER room.  Skin grafts.  Or the 22 stitches on the other outer calf from falling through a burned out floor and catching a big nail.  Finished the shift.  But .... those were the days my friend and we though they would never end.  Or ... like a rock nothing got to me.  So on and so on.  Are we getting old?  Yikes!