Bataan Death March - Dr. Lester Tenney

If you have a little over an hour to spare, I highly recommend this video. Dr. Lester Tenney describes his experience during the Bataan Death March during WWII. Heartbreaking to say the least.

https://youtu.be/MEfkwW7hnrU

http://www.amazon.com/My-Hitch-Hell-Memories-War/dp/1574888064

• Like 2

When I was 12, (1962) I met a friend of my father, who had survived the Death March. He had to wear leg braces on both legs due to injuries he suffered at the hands of the Japanese troops.

At the time, I didn't really understand how strong this frail man must have been just to survive.

They were truly the Greatest Generation! 

• Like 7

Japan was a Nation with NO honor. They STILL are. Most racist people ever, they still worship those who attacked us as hero's, and teach their young that WE started the war! Japan believes themselves to be above all others, a LOT like Muslims, just leave out the 5 prayer breaks per day.

• Like 2

A bunch of them were New Mexico National guardsmen .

Very few are left with us today.

These were the 18 year olds that charged headlong  into machine gun fire.

Todays 18 year olds run screaming to their (safe place) having seen a rebel flag sticker on a laptop.

My Greatest respect to the Greatest generation!

My revulsion with generation whiner   

• Like 5

My father-in-law was there in Bataan as a boy.  He saw the whole thing from the surrender to the staging of the march. I think the surrender was negotiated at his school. He doesn't like talking much about the Japanese occupation; sometimes he opens up about what it was like and what he saw. 

Then we piss the peace treaty away?  MacAuthur!  Dug Out Doug?  Or Bug Out Doug?  He did run. Ran like a rabbit.  Probably cut his own orders and Roosevelt had no option at that time but to back Doug up?  Still classified today?  Wonder why?  The USS Missouri SHOULD be at anchor in Tokyo Bay with BIG USA flags today as a reminder to the Japanese people of what happens when a DISARMED population loses control of their government and the government then loses control to an Army faction.  If anybody so much as LOOKS at that ACTIVE USN Battleship wrong, a whole bunch of bad things happen to the Japanese economy.  Just me.  Two uncles I never knew.

• Like 2