TROMIX Golf Ball Launcher Finally !!!!

After a two year wait (at least), I now have in my hot little hands my TROMIX Golf Ball Launcher !!! For those of you who haven't heard about this little jewel, it's the damndest thing you'll ever see in the realm of golf ball launchers !!! This doesn't just pop it out there about 2-300 feet.........oh no, it has a range of between a quarter and a half MILE !!!!

I fortunately have access to guys at my office with GPS equipment and laser theodolites, and intend to bring them out on a site sometime soon, and have them actually determine distances of both total flight to ground, and total flight/roll........

I'll be posting the results as they come in !!!

WOOOO HOOO !!!

post-3950-1214793907_thumb.jpg

Yep.........blanks. Got a mag loaded up with blanks right now, and a bag of golf balls ready to go......waitin' for the sun to come up tomorrow !!! Gonna try and blow a ball all the way across the Arkansas River at Little Rock....approaching a half mile......

Heh, heh, heh................

.............there's a helluva waiting list for these launchers.........took me over two years to get mine, and it's only the 2nd one ever made.........(wouldn't recommend holding your breath 'til you get it............) :smoke:

Edited by Jeaux E

suggest making first shot at dawn, when water is calm, and try skipping it across :) Just dont shoot a fridge with it at 30 yards, like I hear Bob did! I would love to hear that go across a freshly frozen lake late a night! It has to make the damndest sound!

It might be the next non-lethal weapon to use on those pesky animals that eat your garden, otherwise known as "deer" or as I refer to them, "tastey animals" when they are in season (sadly, never when the garden is going).

suggest making first shot at dawn, when water is calm, and try skipping it across :)

Believe me, Ben..........there's no need to try "skipping it across"........... You may have seen other launchers, but I promise you've never seen anything like this one !!! Range is astounding !! It deals with the entry location of the barrel to the back of the launcher.........creates tremendous spin which lofts the ball like a turbo afterburner !! Shoot it straight out and it rises and goes completely out of sight !! I've seen it clear the entire range at the Alpena shoots and even clear the trees at the end of the range...........Has to be damned near a half mile !!! (.........and I'm not kidding !!)

Oh Im sure it will clear the river, Im just saying to try SKIPPING it across, instead :) Still would love to hear it go across a freshly frozen lake in sub temps. I bet it would sound mighty cool. (those of you that have never tossed a rock across a large piece of fresh ice, it sounds like star wars blasters)

there is a par 7 in the catskills, in NY sorta near where I lived, that I bet it would get an eagle on!

..............Long screwed-up day today................

Sorry for no update today, but no time to post it before crashing out after work.......... (Helluva weekend....great time !!.......)

Short story is: Launcher works like a charm !! S/N #2 Launcher is about 1/2" longer than S/N # 1, and as a result, flies straighter right out of the tube, and I swear it has more velocity !! This thing is awesome !! I think it'll be more controllable/aimable !!!!!

The river at the point of test is 2200' across............... Didn't make it, but didn't miss it by far !!! I'm going to say it was in excess of 1900' on the fly !!!! (a 1/4 mile is 1320') (Your launcher do that, ScoutJoe???) Going to make a measured dry-land trial ASAP....

Further details as they come in..................... and additional pics !!!!

Edited by Jeaux E

It was the old balls, Tony............

When I get the survey crew out with the laser distance meter, I'll crack open a box of the new balls for maximum range determination !! Even using the old ones, I'm impressed with the distances I did get !!! The marginally longer tube may have a bit of influence on that too........... More spin with the longer tube, and gas longer before discharge out the tube.

The balls were splashing in about 200' from the far bank of the river........(had one of my guys on the other side spotting !!)

Impressive as hell !!!

After I get a dry-land distance established, I'm sure I'll be able to get it all the way across the river with the right-out-of-the-package balls !!!! Results to follow !!!

Shooting at a 45 degree angle, the balls go straight out of the tube, and when the spin grabs, the balls go STRAIGHT UP and completely out of sight like a fuckin' UFO !!!! Heh, heh, heh..................

Edited by Jeaux E

No skip shots yet...........just establishing the overall range (average) that I can expect to get.............

Later, I'll get all the variables involved......The launcher can be rotated 90 degrees right or left on the barrel to produce hooks and slices with the ball........so you can shoot it curving right or left off the original line !!!

Lots of testing yet to be done !!!!! Oh yes !!!!

The river at the point of test is 2200' across............... Didn't make it, but didn't miss it by far !!! I'm going to say it was in excess of 1900' on the fly !!!! (a 1/4 mile is 1320') (Your launcher do that, ScoutJoe???) Going to make a measured dry-land trial ASAP....

Dude...we got these things called mountains and hills....they tend to obstruct my view a little :haha: That being said the one of my comment before was lost, it should of been like somebody trying to talk ya into another Tromix.

I'd love to get one, if they become available...because ya know I need something else like that :wub:

Dude...we got these things called mountains and hills....they tend to obstruct my view a little :haha:

Helloooooo...........Joe????...........

I'm in Arkansas !!!!!!!!!!! Hills and mountains?????? Arkansas !!!!! Joe???..........

Across water is just about the only flat place where I live............

Unless I missed the mentioning of it somewhere up above.... I'm still waiting to hear how much that puppy set you back?

(i.e., $$$)

Shhhhhhhhhhh......................................................

(Gary..........., three zillion dollars....................)

(.........verrrrrrrrrrrry rare item.........) :smoke:

Edited by Jeaux E

Being a Golfer myself, you may want to try starting the ball at a 10* angle if there is that much backspin on it. If'n you're trying to go for distance, 45* may be too steep as you'll lose alot of energy climbing.

:)

I'm curious, did Tony use a Puck-type system in it? or is it purely gas?

Edited by SaigaNoobie
Unless I missed the mentioning of it somewhere up above.... I'm still waiting to hear how much that puppy set you back?

(i.e., $$$)

Shhhhhhhhhhh......................................................

(Gary..........., three zillion dollars....................)

(.........verrrrrrrrrrrry rare item.........) :smoke:

Like.... damn Jeaux, you made if very clear just how "rare" the launcher is.... when you said yours is serial numbered 2, and you had to wait more than a year for it.

But okay; I get it. This all falls within the saying, "If you have to ask how much it costs... then you simply wouldn't understand."

:super: ...... :super: ...... :super: ...... :super: ...... :super:

Dude...we got these things called mountains and hills....they tend to obstruct my view a little :haha:

Helloooooo...........Joe????...........

I'm in Arkansas !!!!!!!!!!! Hills and mountains?????? Arkansas !!!!! Joe???..........

Across water is just about the only flat place where I live............

Sorry, reckon I ain't been out that way before..didn't know the lay of the land. Guess I could start taking pot shots across the Susquehanna just outside Harrisburg, its about a mile wide there. I'm sure the Governor would love to see a flying golf ball coming across the way considering he is pushing for one handgun a month nonsense. :eek:

So far, this week, after getting my Launcher last weekend, I've shot golf balls from high ground and ridge tops in four counties..........from down around Texarkana to north of Little Rock !!! People are going to be finding golf balls waaaay out in the middle of some strange places......................

You'd just have to see it to believe it..................

I'll see what I can do about a video.................

That could be iffy........the ball travels almost too fast for the eye to see............ You almost have to be firing it to follow the trajectory..............

(No idea about fps on the ball...........Tony, would you care to venture an educated guess ????)

Edited by Jeaux E