Mike (Waffenschmied) at LoneStar Arms is the real deal!

Ryan,

Thanks! I'll post a link to this thread in my business section. Glad to hear your S12 is finally rockin' and rollin' the way it should!

Working with your gun was both a challenge and a pleasure. Especially when we got the "surprise" issues ironed out!

Once again, thanks for your unswerving commitment to getting through each issue, and for volunteering your gun for the project. I had a blast shooting it before I sent it back;)

Looking forward to your bump fire vid!

Mike

Thank you! My philosophy is that my service is only as valuable as the last gun I built or tuned up. So, I stand behind each gun and project 100%. If my clients ever have issues with one of my guns, they can always come to me to have them resolved, and they know this. When they are happy with their guns and the service, I encourage them to tell everyone they know! :beer:

• Like 1

From his posts (and yours) I believe your statement to be true. Mike seems to be well versed in the Saiga 12 operation and willing to take the time and thought process to work through problems. I like the fact that he's willing to look at the whole picture and not just throw things at the gun to get it functioning as designed. The mod he did to the factory S12 handguard (in his section) was also very creative and well performed. Glad to see you have the gun you wanted and a inside view of his work. Much success in future endevors as one of our new business members.

Will, Bob, 6500, WJ - Thanks guys! I'm in good company here. This is a great community, with some of the most awesome vendors and terrific members on the planet! Right back at you! Ya'll are the best!

Mike

I've held my tongue, (fingers), before, but this is the last straw.

Lucas, back offa Mike. His expertise and professionalism is impeccable, and for you to throw such cheap, juvenile shots at him is just plain pathetic.

You Selph Arms guys have made quite an impression, (negative), on the board during the very short time you've been here.

You're quite well versed in shit-talking, (Tromix), and pointlessly baiting, (Lone Star Arms), but from what I've heard, the guns that come outta Selph's shop are nothing special.

Shit, from what I've heard, y'all don't even know how to do most of the work you take on, (you just ask someone more experienced how to do it after you've accepted the work).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Tombstone FTW. One of the better movies ever made. :)

EDIT: I just realized- you're located in New Mexico. Do you have a Texas based shop by chance?

My hand made jewelry has been available for many years in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, League City, Amarillo, Lubock and a number of other locations in Texas. My guns are available throughout the (free) United States from my firearms workshop located in New Mexico.

You know, this is the second time that someone associated with Selph Arms has asked that same question. Whats your point buckaroo? Got a problem with my business name like the other guy Keith (who was just shitting ALL over Tromix), or feel like you own the rights to displaying the Texas flag?

If you have gone to my business section, (and Max will have your click trail linked to your IP address - and you can bet your ass I'll check), you already know damn well where my workshop is located.

Man, you guys are something else. First Red Jacket, and then Tromix, and now you're baiting me. Dude, What the fuck is your problem? I saw you coming all the way from Albuquerque. Take your negative bullshit, and go find some other place to play your games.

Run along now and get a life. I don't have time to play these games junior. This will be the last time I ever answer one of your posts. In my opinion you and your friends are nothing but bad news and bullshit. No need to answer my question. It was purely rhetorical.

Michael Rogers

Lone Star Arms

Albuquerque, NM

505-263-8822

lonestararms@yahoo.com

What? The? Hell? Dude, you have a TX flag in your avatar, I asked a question. You replied with something irrelevant to the question, so I clicked your profile to see where you are- turns out your in NM- I ask if you have any TX shops and somehow I'm an asshole? I'm friends with Keith, I've been to Selph Arms shop like 3 times, but I've never even heard of Lone Star Arms. Keith and I don't talk about EVERYTHING under the sun. Forgive me for being curious/excited about what I thought was another Texas Saiga smith, as Selph is over 100 miles from where I live. I hoped that maybe you were closer. (Obviously not though)

By all means, have my IP tracked. You'll find that I've only visited your profile, not your business section.

Edited by Lucas_061287

Although I have not personally seen anything done by Mike, I have heard a metric ton of good things about his work and have seen his willingness to help people on this board. So another +1 his direction. :super:

And now for Lucas.....I was wondering how long this would take. Here is the deal and maybe you will listen and maybe you will not. When someone posts something about another forum business member, don't plant a crap load of posts in it advertising for another business member. Not cool at all and way unprofessional. Post all the advertisements that you want in their business section, but keep it out of other peoples posts. Yes, there are others that have business members logos in their signature (Gary and Jeaux), but they have been here forever and are the first people to help others out, which also goes for Tony. These guys have EARNED a lot of leeway and are highly respected. But seriously, 105 posts in 7 days, seriously. Just curious and now you know why people are starting to take notice. You are not doing yourself or your favorite gunsmith any favors here. Just thought that I would offer you the heads up from an outside view point. Take it for what is is worth to you.

Edited by GeorgiaPD

When did I post an advertisement? Or should I change my sig so that people don't confuse support with endorsement? So be it. If it'll make everyone back off, I'll change it. While we're at it, I'll be sure to change my avatar too, so that people don't confuse the biohazard symbol with me having an infectios disease. I'll be sure not to show any support for any company so that everyone is appeased and nobody gets upset. Equallity is the only means of unity, so I'll get on it. Bear with me, it'll take a moment to get some new pics.

back to the awesomeness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIdFBCyjxJQ

My buddy Ben bump firing the S12.

Great vid Ryan! Yeehah!!! It's great to see these guns do everything they were intended to do. Yours is running like a scalded ape on steroids! I love it!!!

Mike

hey ryan!

Why didnt you tell me it was Mike that did the work on your S12 man?!

Mike, after the PMs we've exchanged and now realizing i've actually shot a gun modified by you... you'll be getting my S12 sooner than later... i'll be calling you when i get back from vacation ~April 10th to set up the details ;)

Dimitri

hey ryan!

Why didnt you tell me it was Mike that did the work on your S12 man?!

Mike, after the PMs we've exchanged and now realizing i've actually shot a gun modified by you... you'll be getting my S12 sooner than later... i'll be calling you when i get back from vacation ~April 10th to set up the details ;)

Dimitri

Small world! I'll look forward to hearing from you Dimitri. Have a great trip....!

Michael

Dimitri, listening skills brother! I talked about Mike in New Mexico quite a few times lol. Looks like clay shooting this Sat. is a bust due to weather so you won't be missing anything. Take off next Sat for it. Ben and I are signed up for the Utah ccw class on Sun. so if anything I'll see ya next week! BTW you got the S12 in your hands now or what?

I'm going to take a vid of a Winny Universal mag dump this weekend..

Edited by ViperRy

Is that a 12ga suppressor?

It's a shroud.

I got to play Ryan's gun at the recent Maryland Shooters Frostbite Shoot. The rail makes it a little heavy for my tastes, but it sure looks sweet. Nice work Mike!

Thanks! It's a great gun - I enjoyed shooting it myself! Love that perforated barrel shroud! - one of my clients wanted one this week but the manufacturer was sold out, as was MAA. If anyone gets a line on one like Ryan's let me know. I've got a home for it (in Texas).

Mike