its no saiga but its close enough 8) pix

I like the Zastava's and the price is right. Does anyone have a fix for their slant cut receivers yet though?

There is nothing to fix.

They are standard Yugo receivers, with an angle cut from them.

IOW, any standard Yugo military furniture will fit.

The "fix" requires a welder or custom furniture.

• Like 1

Don't those use single stack mags ? The Saiga is still cheaper by a $100 and even after spending $200 for a decent conversion the Saiga is a more accurate rifle. That is the problem with these rifles ya get spoiled.

I was origionally gonna go with the Krebs on one of my Saigas, but went with the Texas Dogleg rail system instead. I got the rear peep ghost ring for a few bucks more. Well worth the money. I have a Trijicon front sight post. Was meant to be together. I really like being able to unlock and lift up the entire rail to get at the guts. I'm gonna do another conversion soon, and will go with the same set up.

hows saiga more accurate?

this zastava was $400

and yes it does accept single stack mags... ima not goin to war yet, so its all good to me 8)

By reputation the Saiga is more accurate than most any other stamped version. Of the milled variety it would still be better than some. The barrel on the Saiga is highly thought of being the reason many of us bought it. The specs on it being a bit tighter than most yielding improved accuracy yet not so that it makes the gun ammo picky. I know of only a couple of x39 AKs that can boast sub 2MOA on a good rifle and 3MOA on the average ones. The 308 with basically only a change in bore and bolt size can produce 1MOA with the more accurate 308 ammo over x39. However 4MOA is still not only good for a MBR but considered accurate as well. The double stack mags have more to do with ergonomics making the mags a bit shorter for the same number of rounds IIRC. Considering the success of the AK over decades I would say accurate enough.

hows saiga more accurate?

this zastava was $400

and yes it does accept single stack mags... ima not goin to war yet, so its all good to me 8)

By reputation the Saiga is more accurate than most any other stamped version. Of the milled variety it would still be better than some. The barrel on the Saiga is highly thought of being the reason many of us bought it. The specs on it being a bit tighter than most yielding improved accuracy yet not so that it makes the gun ammo picky. I know of only a couple of x39 AKs that can boast sub 2MOA on a good rifle and 3MOA on the average ones. The 308 with basically only a change in bore and bolt size can produce 1MOA with the more accurate 308 ammo over x39. However 4MOA is still not only good for a MBR but considered accurate as well. The double stack mags have more to do with ergonomics making the mags a bit shorter for the same number of rounds IIRC. Considering the success of the AK over decades I would say accurate enough.

copy that. thank u for the intel. i will do some more research.

and let me clarify the citation with mags. in NJ there are only few AK type of rifle that are legal. the most mag capacity u can have in NJ is 15. so in that light it makes no difference really if its single or double stack. BUT wat i know now >>> availability of mags is the real issue. single stack mags are way harder to find. so my next "AK" will b def double stack.