Veper 12 guage

If RA ever decided to import them the ATF would make them have to be "sportorized" just like the S 12. So you would have to convert the Vepr 12 also. Molot however has a tendancy to make higher quality products than Izhmash. A little competition never hurts. personally, I would take which ever one was built better. knowing the Russians they would be exact duplicates, except with the Molot model being the much higher quality 12 gauge but also more expensive.

Edited by TacticalResponse
Izhmash corporation buy "Molot" plant recently. A lot of completing of "Vepr-12" belong "Saiga-12". But "Vepr" has more big weight.

That probably explains why Robinson Armament has had trouble getting Vepr shipments from Russia lately. I've also heard of Veprs being shipped back to Russia because of quality control problems. I suspect that once the Robinson Armaments XCR is in production that they will drop the Vepr because of the past problems with Molot, unless the new owner Izhmash can fix the problems. It will be interesting to see which plant makes future Saiga 12's and what the quality will be like. I just don't see Izhmash making Vepr's to Alex Robinsons quality standards.

Izhmash corporation buy "Molot" plant recently. A lot of completing of "Vepr-12" belong "Saiga-12". But "Vepr" has more big weight.

Have you heard that the Saiga 12 production is going to be transfered to the Molot plant ? or is the swat model going to be built at the Vepr or Molot plant?

"Have you heard that the Saiga 12 production is going to be transfered to the Molot plant ?" - Yes, I heard about it (for "Saiga-12-030" version). That`s probably right.

Do you know of any Russian publications like the business section of Pravda or any other print media that has information on the Izhmash buy out of molot and what they intend to manufacturer there? I'm wondering if there going to make a heavier receiver for the Saiga-12-030 at the molot plant, or if other Saiga production is going to be moved there.

Well pork me! A wild boar 12 gauge!

I thought this thread was about someone putting a VEPR stock set on a Saiga-12.

Hunting shotgun, eh? :lolol: That's where the flash suppressor, magwell & folding stock come in to play. ;)

I think if it's going to be called a VEPR it needs the cut on the back/bottom of the receiver. Of course the folder would be a bitch to put on then...

Good Find! :super:

grrrrrr. I don't know what to do now....... I was just about to buy a Saiga12.

Now I dont; know if I should wait for prices to come down or what......

Someone please help me :(

Should I go ahead & buy the Saiga now, or wait a bit to see what happens as far as importation?

I have put off buying a Springfield XD 45acp, in favor of getting my hands on the Saiga12 first because I was afraid they would be pretty scarce....

Is the Saiga & Vepr shottys' going to be something that becomes more popular here in the states?

TonyRumore Posted Today, 11:48 AM

I can fab up and weld a safety extension like that to a Saiga selector, no problem.

I might have to get back to you about that Tony. The Krink Mikes building is going to have the new Bulgarian pistol grip on it with the selector markings. That would work perfedtly with it. Just out of funds right now as that build is emptying my account.

Spoke to a Robinson Armament Rep on the phone today. Robinson the owner is having a meeting overseas with the head of Molot to arrange something. I would think that since RAA already has the distribution rights for Saiga products, the best that can happen for Robinson Armament is a deal that allows sporter shotguns like the Saigas, but with the conversion that they already do for all the other molot weapons (except the super vepr). It wasnt possible before because Molot and Ismash were separate companies, but now doors may have opened for Robinson Armament.

Spoke to a Robinson Armament Rep on the phone today. Robinson the owner is having a meeting overseas with the head of Molot to arrange something. I would think that since RAA already has the distribution rights for Saiga products, the best that can happen for Robinson Armament is a deal that allows sporter shotguns like the Saigas, but with the conversion that they already do for all the other molot weapons (except the super vepr). It wasnt possible before because Molot and Ismash were separate companies, but now doors may have opened for Robinson Armament.

As it appears that the swat model is going to be made at the Molot plant I have to question as to wether all Saiga 12 production is to be transfered there. If you look at the picture of the Vepr-12 Molot, and look at it closely, you will notice that it has a Vepr RPK receiver "trunnion". As for Alex Robinson going to Russia regarding Vepr import problems his contract with Molot was probably cancelled when Izhmash bought Molot. I guess my question would be are all Saiga 12's going to be built at the Molot plant? Will Alex Robinson make a new deal to import Vepr's or will we have a new importer? With Izhmash already exporting Saigas will they decide not to export Vepr's to America any longer? There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding if Molot will be building Saiga 12's on a Vepr type RPK receiver and if the Vepr AK will be imported any longer.

Molot builds higher quality weapons than Izhmash. If the Saiga 12 is produced in the Molot plant are we going to see an upgraded shotty in 3-6 months?

That probably explains why Robinson Armament has had trouble getting Vepr shipments from Russia lately. I've also heard of Veprs being shipped back to Russia because of quality control problems. I suspect that once the Robinson Armaments XCR is in production that they will drop the Vepr because of the past problems with Molot, unless the new owner Izhmash can fix the problems. It will be interesting to see which plant makes future Saiga 12's and what the quality will be like. I just don't see Izhmash making Vepr's to Alex Robinsons quality standards.

That has NOTHING to do with why RA can not get Veprs. The reasons why he can't are entirely his fault. I have heard of Veprs being shipped back to Russia because the Russians sent them but they were not on the form 6, but in talking to the office staff, they have never returned a batch of Veprs to Russia. It would be easier to fix them here than take the time and money to return them, which they have done in the past.

In the last few months I have learned a great deal about the Russians and the way they work. I would take everything that comes from RA about the Russians and dealing with them as being highly suspect. And as RAAC can tell you, as long as the Russians understand the intricacies of US law, they are fairly easy to deal with.

RA is also blaming the deal with Venezuala for the delays in getting guns, which is an utter fabrication.

I don't think it matters who makes the guns in 2006 and beyond, since we're still getting 2000 and 2001 guns.

A Saiga 12 made to Molots quality standards is something I know that everyone would think was great. But your right Tony, how long would they take to reach us with RAA sending us all of those old S 12's?

grrrrrr. I don't know what to do now....... I was just about to buy a Saiga12.

Now I dont; know if I should wait for prices to come down or what......

Someone please help me :(

Should I go ahead & buy the Saiga now, or wait a bit to see what happens as far as importation?

I have put off buying a Springfield XD 45acp, in favor of getting my hands on the Saiga12 first because I was afraid they would be pretty scarce....

Is the Saiga & Vepr shottys' going to be something that becomes more popular here in the states?

Why wait? Just get the thing. It will pay for itself in the first month.

• 3 months later...