308-100 series

002646.medium.jpg

Yeah I've gotten to play with one. Neat design (large front sight, plastic covered receiver, and push button safety. Doesn't have the potential though of a regular Saiga since it is truely a hunting style rifle with little room for our usual modifications. I'll stick to what I have.

I sure do want one in the long promised 30-06.

If I had my choice I'd prefer a Saiga in 7.62x54R manufactured in the "old style." Guess I'll have to go for a Romak 3 instead.

My local dealer has the saiga sporters in .223rem. and in 308win. in both barrel lengths with the steel receiver covers. I already have those.

I did email EAA about offering a Saiga in 7,62x54r and it got forwarded to the people in Russia at Izhmash and I asked RAAC about it and I got an answer we may see one very soon too. I'm waiting to get the 7,62x54r Saiga because i can buy two of them over buying just "one" Romak 3.

If they were smart they would offer a Saiga Synthetic Sporter in 8mm mauser too. Because every military shooter/collector would buy one too.

I hope they realize the AK design is limitless and manufacture them in a larger design and go for the 7mm rem.mag, 300win.mag & 338win.mag. too. They could put an adjustable gas valve on it with a dual reverse wrap recoil spring to handle the larger more powerful magnum calibers.

I'm waiting for a Saiga Model 100 in 30-06 too.

Edited by Unknown Poster

I want a Saiga 50 caliber :killer: That would cure all my coyote problems and also asshole drunk nieghbors about 1 mile down the road. Since we are up on a hill, I'd have a clear shot, well almost, but the first shot should take out the pine tree and the second one take care of business. Maybe the third one would hit his "lab" and make one hell of a boom. And when the police get here, I'd be at the hospital having my shoulder pieced back together, and arm reattached.

Hey, there's no harm in wishing is there?????

Actually, my .50 bmg is very MILD On the recoil... not anything like you expect. I have shot 12 gauges that kicked harder and hurt far worse than my BMG does... It PUSHES... it doesnt KICK... just roll with it, and its a pleasure to shoot... you could literally shoot it all day long and never get tired of it, or sore!

And... with my 750 grain AMAX handloads... you would be good out to a mile or so... have at it! Might take a few to get it right... but they will reach out there, if you need em to! :lol: lol

:smoke:

The 50BMG is light on recoil because of the super sized muzzle brake did you ever stand to the side of one when it goes bang? The blast is unbelieveable. My advise is don't sit next to one at the range once you do you'll never do it again. They have a 3+ mile range too thats why there trying to ban them here plus the local LEO's don't like being out gunned.

Edited by Unknown Poster

ha!

screw the 30/06 saiga! if they come out with those babies in x54r and 8mm i'm gonna buy both of those instead!

just think about how cheap 8mm and x54r is right now!

better start stocking up on ammo now!

hell, i'd have to put my saiga 308 to rest if i got both of those!

lets see........308=$4 per box...........x54r & 8mm=$1.50 per box.

only slight problem would be the corrosiveness. but if cleaned properly, no problemo!