saiga 12 reciever question

Hello guys Maybe this question is stupid but here goes.... I was wondering why no body made saiga 12 recievers in the us. That way you could paper one as a pistol and you could cut the barrel as short as you want to and install a pistol grip. kinda like the ak recievers made here in the us can be papered as a pistol or a rifle. Just my .02 any input would be great

Hello guys Maybe this question is stupid but here goes.... I was wondering why no body made saiga 12 recievers in the us. That way you could paper one as a pistol and you could cut the barrel as short as you want to and install a pistol grip. kinda like the ak recievers made here in the us can be papered as a pistol or a rifle. Just my .02 any input would be great

Honestly I dont know why either. The saiga receiver is not really that different from a regular Ak receiver. I mean, if I'm not careful I can put all my AK parts into the saiga receiver by accident.

I dunno, I figure someone will get around to making AOWs eventually. I wouldnt mind one of those.

I might be wrong but I think that even if they were made here, If it didn't have a stock you wouldn't simply be able to call it a pistol, like the ak pistol, because it is a shotgun. You would have to classify it as a AOW. This is only a $5 tax stamp vs. $200 for a SBS but still requires everything else that a NFA requires, I think. (signed for by the counties CLEO, and a good long wait for the atf to process it) But I don't ever think you will ever be able to carry one as a pistol in right to carry states.

Edited by Mike Davidson
the receivers wouldn't be hard. finding parts kits would be impossible. you basically have to sacrifice an NIB shotgun....oh the humanity.

if we could track down some $99 parts kits, we'd really be in business.

caspian

That would be great!! Everytime I had an exrta 200.00 bucks, I'd put one together.

Other than Tony, well, being Tony, WHY! I can see a SBS/AOW, but shit, a pistol :cryss: I shot some guys 50cal revolver at the range a while back, I'm neither big or small and I stopped it about 12" from my forehead. Not much fun or very practical in my mind, I could only imagine a 12 ga slug. YIKES.......

Other than Tony, well, being Tony, WHY! I can see a SBS/AOW, but shit, a pistol :cryss: I shot some guys 50cal revolver at the range a while back, I'm neither big or small and I stopped it about 12" from my forehead. Not much fun or very practical in my mind, I could only imagine a 12 ga slug. YIKES.......

Your right, I would put together full lengths if kits existed.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 29 2006, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An S-12 pistol, with an 8 rd mag, loaded with LEO wussy 000 buck would be perfect for CCW ! :eek::eek:

:lolol::lolol:

G O B

I don't think a AOW would qualify, I think it has to be classified as a handgun. I'm not sure though and could be wrong. If I was legally able to carry one, I would get one. Imagine pulling that out instead of your wallet. Like " No, give me yooourrr wallet bitch!!!'

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 29 2006, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

An S-12 pistol, with an 8 rd mag, loaded with LEO wussy 000 buck would be perfect for CCW ! :eek::eek:

:lolol::lolol:

G O B

I don't think a AOW would qualify, I think it has to be classified as a handgun. I'm not sure though and could be wrong. If I was legally able to carry one, I would get one. Imagine pulling that out instead of your wallet. Like " No, give me yooourrr wallet bitch!!!'

Uh, in Florida, it is a concealed weapon permit. Also, AOWs are technically "smoothbore pistols" not shotguns.

I left a message on Tony's machine a few hours ago about getting an AOW pistol before getting home to read his post in this thread.

Edited by beerslurpy

Uh, in Florida, it is a concealed weapon permit. Also, AOWs are technically "smoothbore pistols" not shotguns.

I left a message on Tony's machine a few hours ago about getting an AOW pistol before getting home to read his post in this thread.

Florida has always had good gun laws. I can't complain about Ohio either though. We don't have to register any gun including handguns, except for tax stamp items. Technically we have had the right to carry exposed since the start but the few people that did eventually got put in jail for inducing panic since they couldn't charge them for carrying. Unless you had a legitimate reason for carrying a lot of money, then you could carry concealed without a licence. A couple of years ago we got the right to concealed carry which abolished the right to carry exposed and carrying concealed without a licence(if you had a lot of money) I'm going to look into this. Up here in the cold winters I could easily carry one under my jacket if Ohio allows it. Maybe a little over kill, but hey, If you can do it, do it, and don't take it for granted huh. Some states aren't so lucky. Congratulations Kansas!!