Talked with Robinson Armament sales person about the Vepr 12 gauge

I didn't know Vepr made a 12 ga. Tried to google it and got nothin, anyone got info (Pics!!!???).

Cobra may have to redo a tutorial. I'll do the typing buddy. :haha:

Shane

I didn't know Vepr made a 12 ga. Tried to google it and got nothin, anyone got info (Pics!!!???).

Shane

post-1624-1144188336_thumb.jpg

post-1624-1144188410_thumb.jpg

Shane

Shane

Holy $%&* :eek::eek:

Thanks brotha!

You sure that isn't a S-12 swat??

Edited by shaneman153a
It won't be considered "sporting" if it's imported like that, will it? If it's imported I'm predicting LEO, otherwise DD.

If a deal would be made on the Vepr 12 it would get shipped just like other veprs have been in the past.

Sporting fixed stock, no pistol grips, and no flash hider. Robinson Armament adds compliance parts while changing the original configuration to a more combat worthy one. The Vepr 12 would most likely get imported looking like a Saiga 12 does but with a thicker receiver 1.5 mm. Then once its here, Robinson

Armament will convert it to look more like the one in the pictures.

post-1624-1144193064_thumb.jpg

The Vepr 12 is a saiga 12. Vepr or Molot was taken over by Izhmash about a year ago. That gun would never be allowed into the U.S. with current laws. Maybe someone will come out with the necessary modifications here.

I dont see why a Saiga 12 with an RPK receiver cant be imported.

The extended mag well might not be able to come as factory on them, but otherwise all the cool stuff can be added once its here at Robinson Armament.

"Maybe if we elect a conservitive president and congress we can get rid of these stupid gun import regulations".

Oh yal...Only when we are able to put a bounty on matching sets of Gun-Grabbing politicians ears will that ever happen....Even then..we'll see lot'sa politicians walk'n around with no ears... :lolol::super:

:eek: Another one to add to my wish list! :super::super::smoke: What would the $$ be?

The 1968 gun control act along with the 1989 import ban stop them from being imported. Sporting weapons only remember. Isn't that the shit.

I agree 100 percent that those weapons cant be imported as seen in the brochure, but keep in mind

regular veprs are not imported in the condition they are sold as.

Regular veprs look more like Wasrs when they come off the boats. They are cosmetically altered to look more like real AKs.

Saiga 12s are imported in sporting configuration 100 percent legal.

Vepr 12s can be imported without pistol grips and folding stocks.

The ATF most likely wont have a problem with thick receiver (1.5mm) Saiga 12s arriving without pistol grips and without all the other tactical stuff.

In theory, a Saiga12 with a thicker receiver is not an import issue.

They would be converted on US soil just like Robinson does for other Veprs.

They would be imported 1968 GCA legal and later converted to 922 r compliant.

Unless you know something more about these that I havnt seen already I dont understand why you think its imposible to import sporter Vepr 12s.

First of all, we have to get rid of the fraudulent "sporting" bullshit. Lets work on that.

Number 2, there is no reason why, in the meantime, an importer can't bring in some cosmetically compliant firearm, and then rebuild it into it's correct configuration once here.

Way cool. Yup we are basically getting Robinson to do our conversions for us (but we already have excellent sources for that). If they can convert back to the specs pictured above, it gets pretty interesting.

To me the interesting thing is the magwell/special mags. I'm guessing the ATF will do whatever armtwisting it did to EAA and RAA to keep the 8 round mags out of country. If so, We'll be in a between place. 5 round mags that offer last round bho, straight insertion/drops, better sights, integrated rails + 5 round mags

In stead of current Saiga's with 8round and hopefully soon 10 round domestic mags and whatever other mods we've done to them.

For me, the choice will be tough!

if anybody interested, "Vepr-12" is not modified "Saiga-12" in full sense.

"S-12" is based on AK, and "V-12" is based on RPK. It`s great difference.

The Saiga 12 basicly has an RPK receiver. Why do I say this? 1.5 millimeters thick with a heavy trunnion which is larger than the Vepr RPK trunnion. The Vepr 12 does use a Vepr RPK receiver, but is it any stronger? I don't know who could answer that question. The Vepr 12 receiver does have a higher finnish quality. Whether The Vepr receiver is stronger than the Saiga 12 receiver is very difficult to say without destructive testing.

Edited by TacticalResponse
That looks like the same mag well and mag that Andrei Ruseller the flake is claiming to have for sale on Gunbroker.com.

Both made by Izhmash, just in different plants. The Molot plant however would turnout a much higher quality 12 than the Izhmash plant if allowed. As far as a magwell being added, a LRBHO and the different sights that would up to the ATF to see if The Vepr 12 would be allowed to enter the U.S. in that configuration. I sure hope so! Although my current S 12's would look lowly in comparision.

Do not hold your breath. RA is on a cash up front basis with the Russians right now because he took more than 8 months to pay his last invoice. So far, according to the Russians, he has placed several orders, but has yet to send them any money. It appears that the internal rumors of all of the company and family assets are tied up in the XCR are actually quite true.

As for the Vepr shotgun, as stated there is no way in hell that they will allow that thing into the country as is. We will have to do a ton of mods to it for it to be put back in that condition. Not to say we can do it, we all know Tony is an evil genius, but it is going to be a lot of work, and just taking a swag at it the gun will be in the $1100 price range.

Dont loose hope though, things may get better this summer.

Do not hold your breath. RA is on a cash up front basis with the Russians right now because he took more than 8 months to pay his last invoice. So far, according to the Russians, he has placed several orders, but has yet to send them any money. It appears that the internal rumors of all of the company and family assets are tied up in the XCR are actually quite true.

As for the Vepr shotgun, as stated there is no way in hell that they will allow that thing into the country as is. We will have to do a ton of mods to it for it to be put back in that condition. Not to say we can do it, we all know Tony is an evil genius, but it is going to be a lot of work, and just taking a swag at it the gun will be in the $1100 price range.

Dont loose hope though, things may get better this summer.

I'm sure that almost every member of this forum would like to see someone convert a sporterized version of the S 12 to a swat model, and I believe that many members including myself would be willing to pay the price for such a gun.

I measured an S-12 receiver. It is 1.5mm thick.

I didnt know that. The folkes distributing the Vepr sure let everyone know on their website know about their RPK receivers, but I cant remember EAA or or RAA currently mentioning that of the S-12. To me thats a great extra I didnt even know of.

One thing I noticed though, the Vepr 12 seems to have distinctive bulges like the other Veprs near the ejection area..

I didnt know that. The folkes distributing the Vepr sure let everyone know on their website know about their RPK receivers, but I cant remember EAA or or RAA currently mentioning that of the S-12. To me thats a great extra I didnt even know of.

One thing I noticed though, the Vepr 12 seems to have distinctive bulges like the other Veprs near the ejection area..

As the AK was designed to fire the 7.62x39 it should come as no suprise that in order to shoot the 12 gauge round that the receiver had to be upgraded a bit.

As the AK was designed to fire the 7.62x39 it should come as no suprise that in order to shoot the 12 gauge round that the receiver had to be upgraded a bit.

I would have figured the same for a .308 AK but I just never read of the Saiga .308s or shotguns as with thicker receivers.

I would have figured the same for a .308 AK but I just never read of the Saiga .308s or shotguns as with thicker receivers.

One of my other pride and joys. This is a Yugoslavian (Zastava) .308 AK. Notice the bulges around the receiver. It's basically an RPK with a shorter barrel.

Heavy as hell too, but really cool. This one uses (badly) converted M-14/M1A mags. I'll be modifying these Galil .308 mags for it though.

post-3-1144379942_thumb.jpg

post-3-1144379950_thumb.jpg

One of my other pride and joys. This is a Yugoslavian (Zastava) .308 AK. Notice the bulges around the receiver. It's basically an RPK with a shorter barrel.

Heavy as hell too, but really cool. This one uses (badly) converted M-14/M1A mags. I'll be modifying these Galil .308 mags for it though.

post-3-1144379942_thumb.jpg

post-3-1144379950_thumb.jpg

Really looks like a Vepr trunnion. How is the accuracy?