Shortning Barrel And Converting

I bought a converted Saiga 12 with a 22in barrel and want to cut it to 18inch. Also I bought a unconverted Saiga 12 and want to convert it. Could someone point me in the right direction to preform the conversion and to modify the gas system for a 18inch barrel?

• 3 years later...
Is 18 the shortest you can go? What do you have to do to make a legal shorty?

Did you look this thread up on purpose?

It's from 2006.

You should have started a new thread instead of digging up a zombie thread.

Federal law says 18" is the minimum legal length for a shotgun barrel on guns that are 26" long overall.

If you have the tax money, you can get special government permission (aka a tax stamp for a 'short barreled shotgun') to go as short as you can afford. Tromix offers 8" wonders to those with deep pockets and lots of patience.

I did. Didnt look at the date. Thank you for the response and info. I was just thinking about my ak pistol, and hoped that you could configure it as a pistol. Thanks .

You can't convert an S12 into a pistol...unless you replace the receiver with a new one and build it from scratch. I've never seen it done.

I did. Didnt look at the date. Thank you for the response and info. I was just thinking about my ak pistol, and hoped that you could configure it as a pistol. Thanks .

You can't convert an S12 into a pistol...unless you replace the receiver with a new one and build it from scratch. I've never seen it done.

But the bore is over .50, remember? It'd go AOW I think. Yeah.

Edited by Twinsen
I brought sum new live to this old thread. :rolleyes: The shortys you sell are legal, which is why I was confused. Thank you for clearing that up for me. Thanks for all of the info guys.

They're registered as Short Barreled Shotguns. I suppose you could take the stock off and use it that way.