Hi all

Just thought some people may be interested but England could be about to get even more stupid with its gun laws. There is a consultation paper from our home office that gives topics for new gun controlls , these include the possible total ban on the following:-

SEMI-AUTO .22 RIMFIRE RIFLES

PUMP AND SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS

LARGE CALLIBRE DESTRUCTION RIFLES (i guess that means any fullbore rifle)

LONG BARRELED REVOLVERS

This will wipe out most shooting sports in the U.K if all these weapons are banned.

As soon as i recieve any more information i will post here. Yet again we are under attack for no reason , if these bans do come into force i doubt there will be any compensation from out government. If these bane happen it goes without saying that me and spas12 will be gone from this forum as if we have (hardly) any guns whats the point! But i hope it doesnt come to that , we must all fight for our rights!

all the best

assassin

Edited by ASSASSIN

assassin - im not sure if you have seen this site or not, but it may be worth looking into...

http://www.basc.org.uk/

it seems like a pretty good organization. if i lived in Britian, i would probably be a member.

also, i just saw this peice of garbage today...

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/docs3/controls_on_firearms.pdf

it contains about 30 pages on why firearms need to be banned. you can reply to it at the basc site.

Hi chips

yes i know of the basc (british association of shooting and conservation) there are many good organisations for shooting in the U.K and they are all fighting for us but the government is only listening to the antis. we had a group caller the F.C.C ( firearms consultation comittee) and they were always included in political matters relating to gun controll as they are firearms experts but now the government has disbanded this group and excluded them from the poitical arena so there is now no one fighting for us and the police chiefs(anti gun) and gun control network (anti everything) are still included in the meetings so it will be near impossible to get any fair and effective laws out of this. That document you mention from the home office is exactly the one that prompted me to post this thread here.

for what its worth i heard on the radio about the assault weapons ban in the U.S and it seems most likely that bush will not extend the ban and that it will sunset in september , thats according to the information that the U.K media get access to so i hope it works out ok for you guys.

all the best

assassin

good luck assassin,

I hope things work out for the better and dont turn for the worst. It is a crime what is going on over there. You know if they followed there logic, then take cars for example. You guys over in the UK have cars and must have car races (the sport), or compete in them else where. Yet how many people die in auto accients in the UK? prob more then people who die at the hand of a fire arm. With their logic, you guys shouldnt be driving cars, or anything that has the chance to kill someone.

god bless you, keep us updated.

Assasin - We feel for you.Every statistic that I've ever seen shows that gun controll CAUSES violent crime. However gungrabbers do not have any use for facts or science. They are strictly pandering to the unintelligent and uninformed segment of the population. Many of these people that I see pushing gun controll the hardest are the ones with the most to gain from violent crime. The church and the police NEED to have strife and rampant crime to justify their existance and increase their budget. Any burocracy will preserve itself and and do whatever it takes to continue to grow. Mutch like cancer it eventually grows JUST to grow.

I read where England and Aus. are now the leaders in armed violent crime. The numbers seem to be directly related to the removal of legal weapons from the law abiding majority. Maybe parlament is afraid that you will remember what happened on THIS side of the pond when they refused to listen to us?

LOL

G O B

Hi all

Thanks for your words of support , we must all be vigillant in defending our beloved sport from total destruction.

Verson:-

You got that right , many people are killed every day in england from speeding cars , motorcycles , lorrys etc as well as drugs. if our government tackled the drugs issue then i am sure that the illegal use of firearms would fall as a by product. i believe the drugs culture is closely linked to the illegal gun culture so lets hit them both hard and leave us good guys alone.

G O B:-

After the handgun ban of 1997/1998 armed crime involving handguns went up 40% so how can they blame some of the gun crime problem on inocent law abiding shooters? they removed all legally owned handguns and the handgun crime went up! In england i see people out on the streets who just want to cause trouble , they are happy to kick and punch someone just for the sake of it and to boost their over inflated ego as if they were some brave warrior or something and i dont see the government doing much to lock these people up and keep society safer. yet they always want to disarm good people like me and you , i just want to go about my life without any bother from anyone and i dont want to cause any trouble either and most shooters in england are the same as me yet still successive government distrust us to own an inanimate object for fear that we will do some terrible deeds. My answer to people who hate guns but know me is this "do you fear me now?......(answer is always no)...................then you need not fear me when i have my gun" i am the same person in body and mind with or without my guns. If the law abiding citizens of england cant be trusted to own guns then we must question if our society is worth living in or indeed defending.

Chips:-

my wife would like to live in U.S.A i like the gun laws (except awb) so anyone got a job for an I.T Technician???????????

lol

glockzilla20:-

you are right , we must all fight the oppression of our legal rights.

I recently took a trip to Bisley (shooting mecca of england) for a gun show and some of the pro shooting associations were there and what amazed me is that if you didnt know that there were moves afoot to further restrict our sport from the government you certainly would not have found out at the show as none of the associations were making a point of educating the public that this threat was here and very real. I asked a member on the UKPSA (united kingdom practical shooting association) what he thought would be the likely outcome of this most recent threat and his reply was just to shrug his shoulders and say" we can only reply to the home office with regard to reasons why the guns/disciplines should not be banned and then sit and wait to find out what they will do" it seems that there is little fight left in some people and that they are just resigned to whatever fate throws our way, we need to be pro-active and go on the offensive and educate people about the positive aspects of our sport. i have heard that if the proposed bans all go ahead there will be no compensation payout for our lost guns , if that is so then i will have all but one of my guns stolen from me by my "government" and be left with only a single shot .22lr bolt action target rifle not to mention the loss of £££££££££s.

i will keep this updated as to the result of the proposed new laws , should know more in 3 months or so

all the best

and fight for your rights

assassin

It's amazing that we have so many lazy lemmings here in America too (gun owners who would much rather sit in a bar/strip club and spend their hard earned money for booze and lapdances than help support one of the gun rights orginizations or get off their lazy asses to go out and vote). :unsure:

Guest Guest

Gaddis, I agree.

An NRA membership is $35 per year including a magazin which is fun to read, that's $0,67 per week. That's about 10 bottles of beer to waive in a bar yearly.

Pick any pro-gun organisation and you'll find out that membership is affordable.

ASSASSIN: you are a network guy huh? if you arent too old, IBM will take you for a decent price, if you can stand that kind of environment. i cant do that crap anymore, too much unneeded stress and i am making someone ELSE a lot more money than I am getting paid....good luck however importing all of your guns here to america with you. you had better start printing every ATF document you can find and read every word of every one so you know the rules here. LOL

Hi Bvamp

my day job is making air conditioning (real boring) and i have a part time evening job doing I.T stuff and network/server stuff for a local adult education centre , i much preffer the I.T stuff , my manager is very anti gun and thinks im a nice guy , just wait till she finds out im also a shooter

lol

all the best

assassin

Guest Guest

Assasin-We are facing another round with the gungrabbers over here too. Senator 'ban em all' Fienstine is working on extending the AWB to include ALL semi-auto weopons. Since it worked so well in the U.K. we just have to have it here. (Anything less is just not civilized.)

LOL

G O B

Hi

it saddens me to hear that you guys are under threat from the gungrabbers in the same way we are , the states seems to be the mecca of shooting , ok guns do get used in crime but its not us good guys doing it , the law enforcement guys should tackle the culture of the people that seem happy and willing to use any gun to injure, maim or kill another human being. its not the law enforcement guys on patrol that are to blame its the guys higher up who decide to persue these fanatical bans for little or no reason. There are a couple of law enforcement guys on this forum and they are great and they too understand our cause so why cant the others?????

keep fighting the bans guys , you can win through this if you are united against it.

all the best

assassin

• 3 weeks later...