Redbear's Updated Saiga

Here's some pics, on with the stock folded and one with the stock fixed, of my new and updated SAIGA-12. I've installed a new Russian made forearm with a rail and a Foregrip, a side mount with a red dot. I may install a weapon light later, probably ewither surefire or streamlight. Hope evryone likes it!

deathdealer2cj0.jpg

deathdealer1tu2.jpg

Zombie deterrent!

no fitting required!

Simply removed the screw from the old one, pulle dit out, put the new handguard on, re-installed the screw, adn I was done! very easy adn smooth, though the handguard was a nice $60 ballpark addition.

Move the red dot forward "bvamp" ?? Why? I shoot with both eyes open, as red dots are meant to eb used... isn;t it better this way, or am I confused? I was always taught to use the red dot, but keep both eyes open.

no fitting required!

Simply removed the screw from the old one, pulle dit out, put the new handguard on, re-installed the screw, adn I was done! very easy adn smooth, though the handguard was a nice $60 ballpark addition.

Move the red dot forward "bvamp" ?? Why? I shoot with both eyes open, as red dots are meant to eb used... isn;t it better this way, or am I confused? I was always taught to use the red dot, but keep both eyes open.

I agree (not like there is really a "wrong" way). I put my aimpoint on my AR as far back as it can go before the rear flip-up cover interferes with my BUIS. I shoot two eyes open and just look through the aimpoint with my right eye so it superimposes over what my left eye is seeing. Where the dot is, the bullet hits. This way the body of the Aimpoint obstructs my vision less as it is out of focus and my left eye can see around it.

Of course I am holding it "nose to the charging handle" with the stock one click out. but this set up seems to make it more natural. Where ever I look the gun points.

Here's some pics, on with the stock folded and one with the stock fixed, of my new and updated SAIGA-12. I've installed a new Russian made forearm with a rail and a Foregrip, a side mount with a red dot. I may install a weapon light later, probably ewither surefire or streamlight. Hope evryone likes it!

deathdealer2cj0.jpg

deathdealer1tu2.jpg

Zombie deterrent!

Nice job. I know how much work that was. One suggestion. . .A side rail mount will be (1) more steady than any cover mount, and (2) It will be a hell of alot lower, which you will like much more.

Nice job. I know how much work that was. One suggestion. . .A side rail mount will be (1) more steady than any cover mount, and (2) It will be a hell of alot lower, which you will like much more.

Er, he is using a side mount. A hi-rise side mount, but a side-mount nonetheless. Unless my reading/vision decieves me?

Nice conversion work RedBear. Did you do the conversion or have it done? It's nice that you were able to get a Saiga shotgun after EAA stopped importing Saigas.

Does the scope mount place the red dot scope in the center or is it to the left side as my AK scope. I'm a left handed shooter and need the socpe in the middle and the Russian army trains everyone to shoot right handed.

Nice conversion work RedBear. Did you do the conversion or have it done? It's nice that you were able to get a Saiga shotgun after EAA stopped importing Saigas.

Does the scope mount place the red dot scope in the center or is it to the left side as my AK scope. I'm a left handed shooter and need the socpe in the middle and the Russian army trains everyone to shoot right handed.

What sort of mount sticks the scope to the left? Any AK mounts I've ever seen have stuck the scope or sight right up dead center above the dust cover. Though now that you mention it, an offset would be sort of cool.

Edited by Veen
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought this Saiga 12 from Redbear, it shoots great.!The Ace stock now folds to the left! Easy to switch. Just take an allen wrench and take out the 4 screws and switch it over to fold left. Now it folds left just like my Tromix conversion does! Now I have to decide if I am going to keep both Saiga 12's or should I sell one and buy another converted Saiga that is set up different. Something to ponder, for now they look cool together!

I just dont like skeletonized stocks at all, im going to see if i can get Tomovich to mod my s12 like his (when i get some scratch together). I like the left folding solid poly stock like on the s12 c's. Still looks better than mine..heh.

Edited by Azkamidaka

This Saiga 12 is now for sale! Shoots great! I bought it from Redbear a few weeks ago. Except it now folds to the left!!! I also took the forarm off that is pictured and put the original forarm back on it. I also took the Red Dot off of it. So it comes with one 5 round mag, sling, and sidemount. $650 shipped.

Thanks