what are the pros/cons to a one point sling?

an AR buddy of mine is looking for one for his AR and I'm curious if that might be the route to go for my Saigas......

what are some brands that I should look for or beware of?

Ive got a Blackhawk CQD on my Saiga 12.It can be used as a one or two point as it has metal clasps on both ends that can quickly be changed from 1-2 point.I have it set up as a 2 point as the Saiga 12's a bit heavy.I have the same sling on a AR 15 set up with a 1 point (Slings attached at rear)The advantage is the rifle can be carried in a downward position at the side out of the way with less fatigue and can be quickly brought up to the fire position.Check out Brovo Company USA,they got good prices and service.

post-1029-1164857548_thumb.jpg

post-1029-1164858755.jpg

A great sling for single point only carry is a Troy Industries.

post-1029-1164858845.jpg

Edited by Pointer

an AR buddy of mine is looking for one for his AR and I'm curious if that might be the route to go for my Saigas......

Ive got a Blackhawk CQD on my Saiga 12.It can be used as a one or two point as it has metal clasps on both ends that can quickly be changed from 1-2 point.I have it set up as a 2 point as the Saiga 12's a bit heavy.I have the same sling on a AR 15 set up with a 1 point (Slings attached at rear)The advantage is the rifle can be carried in a downward position at the side out of the way with less fatigue and can be quickly brought up to the fire position.Check out Brovo Company USA,they got good prices and service.

Pointer...I :wub: your gun to no end

/drool off

sorry for the outburst

• 4 weeks later...

Single point slings were invented to give the operator the ability to draw his backup weapon with his weak hand. I guess some day someone might need it, possibly a SWAT, GIGN, Spetznatz, etc. but if you have a Kalashnikov, you don't have to worry about your weapon failing and that happening.

I would suggest trying one while doing two-man drills etc. to let you realize you'll probably never use it. Same goes for all your equipment. I bought one of those Blackhawk tacticool vests from a friend and tried to use it for team drills, it didn't take long after I put it on to realize it was dangerous. I'll stick with MOLLE gear thanks.

Try to stay away from the AR gear junkies. AR tacticool stuff is a big paper bag with a hole in the bottom for throwing money. Stick to simple to use functional items and you can't go wrong.

Just remember what a sling is for, carrying your weapon and support while firing. (If necessary)

Can I get change from my 2 cents?? Just a thought.

A lot of stuff looks cool and make you look cool until you really need to use the gun in a hurry

and the stuff just gets on your way must of the time. I made my 2 point slings but the truth

they make easy to carry the AK with muzzle looking down at 45 degrees angle and shoulder it

on a hurry, but if I know I will be using the gun, the sling goes to the side, no time to play cool

when you need the gun on your shoulder and the sight on the target but if you going to carry your

gun for long periods of time and don't use it well get a sling to share the weight with your body

and not just your arms, dam this stuff is heavy after long walks toting about 10 pounds of gun

plus mags, knife, machete and gear.

What do I know, just dome peasant.

Just my 2 cents.

post-1029-1164858755.jpg

post-1029-1164858845.jpg

+1 on the Troy Industries single point. I love mine!

I put a loop and clip on my belt on my offhand side (left), so I can retain the gun on my left side if I need to get it out of the way and make stay where it's at.

That link is great for a 3-point sling. I thought we were discussing one-point slings.

Now, before I get flamed, I didn't read a lot of the 17 pages of the post. I just looked around the posts w/ pictures that still worked. They were all discussing the 3-point, CQB sling and it's variations as posted by the thread's author.

So, anyone got directions for making a one-point sling?