Uhh... WTF is the Grand Poobah doing now?

........I'm not indicating that my posts have all been sarcastic. The indicated sarcasm began with: "(Poooor mistreated boogy-muslims)", and ended with: "(Sooooo exaggerated and blown out of proportion.......)" This was the only instance of sarcastic disdain indicated in any of my posts.

These impugning remarks were directed at the perceived upset in some previous posts regarding the implied maltreatment of those (here it comes..... I'm attempting it again.....) poor unfortunates driving the van in Miami, and the ever-so-obvious overblowing of it by the press.

(FYI: The last 18 words were sarcasm, unless you count the hyphenated word as one....... then there were only 15 sarcastic words.....)

And by your using the term "us", as in "letting us know", I take it you have a mouse in your pocket.......... My statement was clear to most of (OMG) "us" here......... If there's a problem of comprehension, or a difference of opinion regarding any of this...........oh well......

I think it would have been better if you just agreed that all your posts were sarcastic... ;)

'Nuke the fuckers' and having no sympathy for those who are innocent* is, IMO, an immature mindset, especially for one as mature as yourself. *Innocent being those non-boogymuslims killed by the 'nukular' weapons [the exact things we are trying desperately to disarm/prevent other countries from having, go figure], those whose homes/lives are raided needlessly, or those arrested and/or detained in the US for ficticious bomb-threats/scares. lol, I actually had to put an asterik on innocent.

I think that this particular case in Miami could have been worse, as all scares could have been. I'm glad someone noticed that there was unatthorized personel in the port area and took action. No harm done in questioning and checking the truck for any dangerous things. The only thing that I don't like is that the media gets everyone worked up and so anxious that some people call jump to conclusions, make broad generalizations about all muslims, and call cops to get SWAT on their muslim neighbor because they've been acting suspicious (moving out boxes while cleaning garage, for example, or strapping hot dogs around their chest to be a terrorist for Halloween ;) ).

I know we will have a difference of opinion on the following, and I respect that. But allow me to get back on topic, speak my mind and respond to your previously made arguement. I hope you can disregard anything I say that may insult you and instead focus on my point (if there is one) and provide a rebuttal:

I believe you feel that we should forget the rights of these boogymuslims, just fuck them, nuke the hell out of them...

What will that help?

How the fuck are we going to solve this national security problem?

-Surely not by nuking all muslims, most muslims are no threat to us. There are millions of muslim citizens of the USA, but "fuck them... trample their rights".

-Definately not by nuking just the terrorists, how the fuck are you going to get the coordinates for each terrorist? We can't even fucking find Osama, how are we gonna find the thousands of them, scattered across the world, some hiding, some living normal lives (for now). Do you know that there are white terrorists, black terrorists, Chinese, Japanese, Irish, etc terrorists? There's terrorists in this country right now, even ones who look like you and me, but you don't care about those, right? They are just 'bombers' and only lash out every 8 years or so... Nothing worth changing our current course of action for. Stay the course! Wait, he changed his mind about that actually, "I have never said our policy is 'stay the course.'" Flip-flopper lol. J/K

Hellgrun-k, I realize that you have spent the best two weeks of you life posting here and so I hate to burst your bubble, but you are a complete tool. Jeaux E speaks for many when it comes to realizing that, in fact.... surprise, surprise, surprise (in the words of your mental superior-Gomer Pyle)... there is an organized terror campaign being waged against our country by Muslim extremists.

You will probably never realize all the classified successful campaigns and the sacrifices made (by actual Americans) that have actually prevented more terror strikes on truly innocent people.

The US has sustained most of our casualties in the effort to prevent casualties to Iraqi civilians (they are muslims). You probably don't remember the campaign over the former Yugoslavia (to protect Muslims). I must not have been in your blame America first class to learn that ...."even though virtually no Muslims speak out in convincing fashion against Jihad" and "Muslims are killing far more innocent Muslims then the US is" and "Muslims in the US aren't being beheaded on the internet" .... we here deserve it for potentially profiling the actual people who have stated their desire to indescriminantly attack us. (Even though we barely profile at all). I'm sure that either you spent a lot of time in a university or watch an awful lot of media. You are so enlightened- Jane fonda would be proud to know you!

Quote: "Do you know that there are white terrorists, black terrorists, Chinese, Japanese, Irish, etc terrorists? There's terrorists in this country right now, even ones who look like you and me, but you don't care about those, right? They are just 'bombers' and only lash out every 8 years or so... Nothing worth changing our current course of action for."

Brilliant analysis! Note to you: You can't effectively be patronizing when your point sucks.

Lastly, "I hope you can disregard anything I say that may insult you"

:unsure: ... :lolol:

A little perspective...and quiz from a newbie here:

Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by

a. Superman

b. Jay Lenno

c. Harry Potter

d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics , athletes were kidnapped and massacred by

a. Olga Corbett

b. Sitting Bull

c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davy Jon es

c. The Little Mermaid

d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd

b. Charles Lindberg

c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers

b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems

c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked ; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr. Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde

b. Captain Kangaroo

c. Billy Graham

d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

14. 2004 - Spain Railway bombings.

a. Badermeinhof Gang

b. Jessie James Gang

c. The Apache Nation

15 . 2005 London Railway bombings

a. Winnie the Poo

b. The Road Runner

c. The Beatles

AND NOW !

16. LONDON (Aug. 10, 2006) - British authorities said Thursday they had thwarted a terrorist plot to simultaneously blow up several aircraft heading to the U.S. Using explosives smuggled in carry-on luggage. Home Secretary John Reid said 21 people Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 had been arrested in England following a lengthy investigation, including the alleged "main players" in the plot.

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents of the President's Security Detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave

Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because of profiling.

Wow. Well, now I don't know what to think. Point taken.

Except that #1 was brainwashed/hypnotized. ;)

I will add that, if someone tried, they probably could compile a decent list largely made up of shootings/mass murders/bombings performed by crazed white males between the ages 17 and 40. And I'm not seeing too much difference in terms of frequency either.

Edited by hellgrün-K

Donning my asbestos suite and trying to dodge the flame-war going on here, but i think the point of the thread was that our leader is doing another end around on the consitution.....

I think most peope here would like to see an end to terrorism (which will never happen, since as long as there is a point to be made, someone will find it useful to blow themselves and others up for the attention it gets) regardless of the nationality, skin color, or profiled breakdown of choice.

Lets not forget that we are talking about protecting the nation (and others), as well as protecting the freedoms and way of life that we enjoy. I think our right to privacy is pretty damn important....but if it is so damn important for national security to open my damn SNAIL MAIL....i think they can take the 5 fucking minutes to get a warrant to do it with due process.....the post office dosen't move at the speed of light....

Ya know i get that there may cases where the hour it takes to get a search warrant could mean missing the terrorist at a certain location....i get it!....but the damn mail????....how many damn letters are the planning to open that they can't get warrents?

"Bush, however, cited "exigent circumstances" that could refer to an imminent danger or a long-standing state of emergency.".....so as long as we are at some heightened state of alert....bush can now rip open your mail and say "looking for terrorists!"...and just walk away....and you have no recorse.....nice

where does it end? If the governemnt has the right to open anything from anyone they think might be associated with a terrorist, even without having enough to get a warrant, then they can open my mail and check my bank statements and fish around for any possible link to any possible company that may have a tie to a terrorist.....even if all i did was buy orlites from CDNN (maybe some terrorists did as well....who knows?) Maybe they will see that i have bought those orlites and decide to look into what i have bought lately gun wise....then maybe they decide that since i am a gun enthusiast i may have ties to some radical group (either left or right)....and next thing i know...i'm in jail....innocent but presumed guilty through that classic title "person of interest"

99.9999% of people out there are doing nothing wrong, but this law gives the gov authority to open everything you send or everything that is sent to you.

that kind of intrusion into my life without a justified warrant.....I wouldn't accept....but that is what we have now thanks to Duh-bya.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled pissing match.....

.........having missed out on the indoctrination of Political Correctness that you have obviously become so very well-versed in, and having lived through 60 years of opinionated immaturity (in your opinion)........ I'd like to put forth a final statement of my position to you regarding this pissy little disagreement you seem devoted to continuing..........

I have an opinion that whomever is a threat to us, in any capacity.....suspected or in deed or action, should be dealt with in a manner that leaves no question as to our resolve to end that threat. If that means a low-yield tactical nuclear device lobbed into a hotbed of insurgent activity in Iraq (Najaf, Tikrit, Fallujah), then so be it. I'm not concerned with the coordinates of each individual terrorist any more than we were concerned with the decision to bomb Hiroshima or Nagasaki............As history has more than adequately shown, the point was well-taken, and immediately so.........

Domestically, I am a proponent of widespread and comprehensive profiling. Specifically, but not limited to, the Muslims........ Any type of criminal or terrorist activity which can be reduced by profiling indicates vividly to me that profiling should be employed...... Liberal and apologists are, generally speaking, the source of resistance to this activity........ (sarcasm follows:) "Why, we shouldn't confront someone just because they're acting suspiciously, or because they're somewhere completely out of place"......regardless of whether or not statistically they're the very ones who commit the offenses or acts in question....." That is pie-in-the-sky bullshit. Enter reality, and acknowledge that its not a perfect world, and shit is not fair........especially when your safety or security is at stake, whether personal or national.

Not to offend you, but condescending bullshit is condescending bullshit......... and, fuck........a rationalization for Sirhan Sirhan shooting Bobby Kennedy???????? I've had enough.........

+1 USPRIDE & DON'T TREAD ON ME

...A little perspective...and quiz from a newbie here...

i never said muslim extremists werent a threat.

i just believe that there is a temptation among those in power to use the fear of said attacks to erode our freedoms.

even if they're only using these new and far-reaching powers on muslim extremists as per the typical profile, its one step down a slippery slope.

what if some adventist cult does something whacked? will there be a new profile of white christian gunowner?

it's back to my original question... how much freedom are you willing to surrender for the illusion of safety? we all have to answer that question our own way. my answer is 'none'.

that's not even getting into the argument of 'presidential signing statements' where the executive can 'tweak' a law to create new gov't powers with no oversight.

Ranger.....I get your point as regards the original thread.

Personally, I don't think it's my mail they're talking about, any more than I think it was my phone calls......... I really don't think it's yours either.......but feel free to worry. It's not my mail or phone calls I'm worried about.....it's my guns. I don't think "Duh-bya" is after them.

Edited by Jeaux E
mhmm, yep, I can see I've been avoiding this stupid thread for good reason...I'll be going now, ya'll have fun...

........heh, heh, heh......................I'm thinking you have the best approach, Cobra......!!! Hasn't been that much fun anyway......

Over and out.

Ranger.....I get your point as regards the original thread.

Personally, I don't think it's my mail they're talking about, any more than I think it was my phone calls......... I really don't think it's yours either.......but feel free to worry. It's not my mail or phone calls I'm worried about.....it's my guns. I don't think "Duh-bya" is after them.

Agreed it is probably not my mail they are looking at either, but if they get the foot in the door, then they use it as precedent to expand how it is used....tis a slippery slope....

the patriot for example was used to shut down a strip club in vegas....they had some sort of money laundering going on, illegal yes, but tied to homeland security....no....

not saying i support illegal action, but if we give up the right to expect privacy once....we lose some of our expectation of it in the future.

Heh, I just find it amazing how many (koff!) peace loving Americans like hellgrun here seem to have little or no problem with radical Muslims killing *innocent* non-Muslim infidels by the droves, it seems. :rolleyes:

If the shoe was on the other foot though...:eek:

After all, I'm sure there were many Cindy Sheehan let's have lunch and ice cream afterwords with Osama types in the Twin Towers six years ago. :up:

But with our "meddling in world affairs" we kind of brought it on ourselves, they always like to point out. :osama:

Oh, and BTW, hellgrun (not trying to be prejudiced here!), but have you ever been to an Indian or Iranian run 7-11 or gas station even in this country and asked the cashier a simple question he didn't understand? I'm sure the police officers and FBI agents questioning that Muslim truck driver in Miami about what he was carrying in the back of the truck got a big load of the bullshit they usually spew when they all of a sudden get irate while being questioned and "no spikka or understanda Englias" most convenient like. :cryss:

Heh, I just find it amazing how many (koff!) peace loving Americans like hellgrun here seem to have little or no problem with radical Muslims killing *innocent* non-Muslim infidels by the droves, it seems. :rolleyes:

I do have a problem with all mindless killings, and most mindful killings too. I can not, in all honesty, bring myself to condone any terrorist behavior, no matter how craftily you spin my poorly thought-out previously made posts.

I tend not to have the reactionary response to catastrophies that many here do; I'm more passive and normally do not want to get involved with these things and the discussions that follow. I don't fare well in these types of discussions, and I tend to stay away from them.

If the shoe was on the other foot though...:eek:

After all, I'm sure there were many Cindy Sheehan let's have lunch and ice cream afterwords with Osama types in the Twin Towers six years ago. :up:

But with our "meddling in world affairs" we kind of brought it on ourselves, they always like to point out. :osama:

I suppose I am still young, not yet well versed in the workings of life. Nothing has yet 'hit home;' I feel none of this affects me. This enables me to ramble on about matters which I have little to no actual experience in or understanding of. Honestly, if I had lost someone in one of these attacks, or even knew somebody who lost someone, I'd likely feel different about all of this. Until then, I will keep my opinion on these matters away from these forums, even though I know you all could use a good laugh. ;)

Oh, and BTW, hellgrun (not trying to be prejudiced here!), but have you ever been to an Indian or Iranian run 7-11 or gas station even in this country and asked the cashier a simple question he didn't understand? I'm sure the police officers and FBI agents questioning that Muslim truck driver in Miami about what he was carrying in the back of the truck got a big load of the bullshit they usually spew when they all of a sudden get irate while being questioned and "no spikka or understanda Englias" most convenient like. :cryss:

Yes, I have tried to get directions before, but to no reasonable level of sucess. That was the first and last time I pulled into a gas station for anything more than bladder relief or refueling. And the occasional gas tank refill.

Carry on...