Old S-12 ad..... from 2003

I bought one of the $199 Saiga-12s. And with my six 8 round magazines that I acquired (not to mention the two I paid for and didn't get), the two 10 round AGP mags, it only cost me $900 plus the mods I made.

Now If I get a $400 Saiga-12, the mags are already paid for. Wait a second, I'm buying another one. A 24 inch barrel Saiga-12. I'm thinking of getting a 19 barrel Saiga too.

It's good to be an American.

Yah Hooo.

Edited by oldandslow

Apples and oranges here, guys; it's not fair to compare CDNN's prices 3 years ago to what we're paying now.

Back in the dark ages before the death of the AWB, Saigas were not nearly as popular as they are now. There were few accessories available, you couldn't have folding/telescoping stocks or flash hiders, and the only >5rd mags available were the elusive and pricey OEM 8-rounders from overseas. So distributors were looking to offload slow-moving inventory on the cheap... to guess who? That's right, CDNN. They are best known as a firearms liquidator - buying up remaining inventory from companies going out of business, large lots of slow-selling makes/models from distributors, entire police departments' trade-ins, etc. It's widely held that seeing a particular make/model prominently advertised in the CDNN flyer is a sure sign of its impending doom. :lolol: I imagine the writing was already on the wall by then that EAA was losing interest in the Saiga line.

The market has changed an awful lot since then, and with the recent surge of interest in these guns, distributors and dealers realize they can charge more money and still sell more guns than they did during the AWB years. Now that Saigas are a popular item, CDNN doesn't even bother with them anymore.

There was ony ONE S-12 through CDNN back when. I got mine then. The only one worth buying without a ton of mods was the 19: "defender" model, as CDNN called it. I got mine in 20000 for $269. That is the absolute best price on a desireable S-12 in world history--barring personal or news ad ridiculous prices.

Today's prices are $100 higher. Deal with it, or get a Benelli. (good luck!!)

I was digging through some old boxes of crap and found a dunhams ad that had saiga-12s for 199 and saiga .223s for 159.00. I just about cryed, then I remembered that I did not have any money then so even if I knew it would not have changed a thing.