Top rail from Krebs, mag wells, SHOT show

Wow, lots of goodies!

Magwell, tactical mag release, finger tab on the safety lever which is notched for BHO, hinged top cover with adjustable rear sight......amongst other things.

What the hell, no PG safety actuator or magwell dimples? Looks like they dropped the ball. :unsure:

Enlighten me, what purpose does the magwell serve?

Also, the tactical mag release does not look particularly easy to use. Unless the springs are really soft, I'd still need to use my thumb and/or take hand of PG anyways. I've never tried it, so maybe it is worth it?

Also, the tactical mag release does not look particularly easy to use. Unless the springs are really soft, I'd still need to use my thumb and/or take hand of PG anyways. I've never tried it, so maybe it is worth it?

I installed one of these tac mag releases on my Saiga. I modified it slightly by seriously rounding the corners on the section contacted by your trigger finger.

In actual use it works like a charm. To change mags you simply push forward on the release with your trigger finger and the mag drops free. Very much like an M-16 mag button except you push forward instead of to the left.

As I recall, I modified the mags themselves slightly to allow the follower to move a bit higher in the mag body thereby imparting more force against the bolt when all the rounds are gone. The effect of this is that empty mags eject themselves from the rifle when the mag release is pushed.

Headshot-

Did they give ballpark pricing on the scope rail and the magwell?

Love the rail......that my have just tipped my next gun purchase to the s-308....of course i could just put on of those on my .223