My Saiga is about done

Although it was 29 when I woke up this morning, we are at 67 here in Coastal GA.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen snow here in well over 30+ years. :smoke:

(Nanuk - I am digging on your rifle...)

Edited by macbeau
Although it was 29 when I woke up this morning, we are at 67 here in Coastal GA.

it builds character, and makes us tough.

it also maks us appreciate summer a whole lot more.

although i may end up in lower alabama surrounded by pulpwood and kudzu one of these years.

it builds character, and makes us tough.

it also maks us appreciate summer a whole lot more.

although i may end up in lower alabama surrounded by pulpwood and kudzu one of these years.

In the Army, that kinda cold made my character less than "hospitible". I was 25 before I knew what the string between the mittens was for (I was convienced that some military contractor was milking the taxpayer by adding that string - so I cut it off not knowing any better... I also didn't figure out what made a snowmobile move until after I joined the Army - Finally, what ya'll call "snow" chains, we call "mud" chains... we just don't see that kinda equipment here. )

Friggin global warming. :lolol:

Nice rifle. Isn't there a strap-on recoil pad available for that buttstock?

K-Var has them, but wants $25 each.

K-Var recoil pad

Anyone seen one for cheaper? I need one!

How 'bout this? $13.95 http://www.fseusa.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=339

Excellent, you ever do business with them?

nanuk - nice looking S308! You're gonna love the FBMG mags - need to let us know how they stand up to -30 degrees! We want a full function test with pics :D And while your at it, chrono the loads for us too :lol

Seriously, I have a spare rommie folder and I may try it out on my S308... my experience with one on an ak is that it doesn't really feel any different than the small buttplate on a stock buttstock.

Thanks guys,

I have been a wuss, to frigging cold to go to the range. I can't shoot at home right now, we have an injured horse and too much ice (don't need a horse with a broken leg) That snow was not really berms, it was that deep. This week I should get my latest AK build done, then I will have 4 guns I need to take to the range. I was waiting for a day in the 30's again.... :cryss: