New Saiga Krinkov SBR

I looked for a 7.62x39 Krink forever and could not find any built guns or kits that I liked. I found this one that Tony Rumore of Tromix had built as a one-off rifle and had sold it to FBMG to resell. Got it from FBMG. My ATF tax stamp was approved a few weeks ago and I picked it up last month.

It is built off a 7.62x39 Saiga and it has some Yugo M92 Krink parts on it such as the front sight base and the rear sights. I took off the wood furniture and added the Russian style K-var ribbed black handguards. Its very unique in that it still has the Saiga bolt hold open and scope rail. Kind of a mutant Krink but I love the real Russian receiver with markings. Would be cool to have magwell dimples, cyrillic selector markings, etc. but that can come later if I want it to be historically accurate. I've also thought about changing out the triangle folder for a solid folder, but I like it and it is comfortable to shoot.

I've already run about 100 rounds through it, it is really fun to shoot. Not much kick or muzzle flip surprisingly, but it does throw quite a large fireball (about 2.5 ft. in diameter). I shot a few rounds without the gas booster/muzzle brake installed and it grew to about 3 feet in diameter. Lots of fun.

I always dreamed of owning a 7.62 Krink sidefolder and how I have one. I wanted to get one while I still could and I'm glad I didn't wait a few more months as they are near impossible to find in 7.62x39.

normal_CIMG4307.JPG

normal_CIMG4311.JPG

normal_CIMG4316.JPG

Edited by hartzpad
You probably didn't notice, but I had to lengthen that receiver 3/16" to get the handguards to fit right.

Tony,

I did notice some work as I had to dremel down the rough parts flush inside the receiver at the front to get the K-var handguards to fit in there and I had to trim at least 2-3mm off of the metal tabs on the lower handguard to get the handguard retainer to lock down at all, but the handguards are now rock solid.

Why did you weld in the rear folding stock trunion instead of riveting it? And are there any other Yugo parts that I'm missing? I assume that you used the stock Saiga bolt carrier and just changed the gas piston to a Krink?

Will a 4 piece Noveske style krink flash suppressor thread onto the Yugo FSB or does it have different size threads than the Bulgarian Krink FSB?

• 3 months later...

dude.......SWEET RIFLE...i just picked up a bulgy krink kit in 5.45 from of all places, some one in california....for 562.00 SHIPPED. unfired, but this is awsome. a 7.62 saiga krink...u know there are some things that well....are legendary, that would be it.

• 9 months later...

Tony,

I've been pouring over the web (your site included) and this forum trying to find a side folding triangle stocks but have had no luck. Finally I struck gold (hopefully) in finding this pic of a saiga installed with one. Could you point me in the right direction or is there tricky metal work involved? I've got a dremel and all the tools ready but I haven't started my conversion because I've been trying to find that stock. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tony,

I've been pouring over the web (your site included) and this forum trying to find a side folding triangle stocks but have had no luck. Finally I struck gold (hopefully) in finding this pic of a saiga installed with one. Could you point me in the right direction or is there tricky metal work involved? I've got a dremel and all the tools ready but I haven't started my conversion because I've been trying to find that stock. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ohio Rapid Fire sells them

Oh they can be for a regular ak74 doesn't need to be specially fitted for a saiga? I just figured since everyone goes for that specific side folder made by saiga that you'd need some sort of special adaptor for it to fit onto the saiga. Thanks for the info! :up:

Your saiga will have to have extensive operations done to it to use these stocks.

Very labor intensive.

Well if its not easily done with an available adaptor I guess the tromix buttstock was the next best thing on my list of side folders, none of the ace stocks appeal to me at all. The thing that confuses me is what parts I'd need to make the sidefolder work: tromix stock $85, side folding mechanism $65, but do I also need the stock adapter $45, AND Receiver Backplate $15!?? Holy mother of god I hope not that's a ridunculously gianormous price tag!! :ded: Might as well get a sniper buttstock for christs sake. :dollar: