It's a little .22 ( a little smaller than a red ryder BB)

Sorry about the crappy pic.

can't find any markings

anyone know what it is? looks old.

PICT0019.jpg

Edited by Juggernaut
My best guess is a J. Stevens "Little Scout"

Check out this link

http://www.joesalter.com/detail.php?f_qryitem=1064

Man that close... I don't have any markings on the barrel like the ones from the link but I think you may have nailed it. thanks!

Its only a .22... its not like you are maxing out super chamber pressures.... :up:

Its will be all good!

:smoke:

That what the blind kid at the range said! :D

I am sitting on a 22 breech loader that was made in the mid 1800's. youd be surprised what is out there.

my point is this particular 22 is austrian matching proofed by the royal house for 1853 abouts, and apparantly is the first example of a 22LR firearm that was manufactured (yes it is worth money and a lot of it), and yet my indian brother took a whitetail with it just to put blood on it. it safely shoots high velocity and pressured 22lr even though it is clearly marked 22 long and is proofed for the original 22 long black powder cartridge. it has a lot to do with the leaf breach and the fact that the hammer is falling as the round touches off. i wouldlt go jamming a 22 WRFM in it, but i also would not worry at ALL about any 22lr you use down it, looking at the schematic for your particular gun, as it appears to be almost identical in function to the 22 Im talking about. sadly, yours isnt worth all that much, maybe 175 to a collector at best, and the arrowhead, if it is a real one, might be worth more than the gun on that board. but im not a big arrowhead guy, so I would have to bring it to someone to even tell you about it, if it is even a real one, like i said. (real meaning old indian type).

Ive evaluated old guns that were worth less than the crappy damn powder horn on the display they shared, so it isnt far fetched of an idea.

by the way, your gun is a stevens model 14.5 little scout, and was made between 1909 and 1919. in 1920, the reciever would have been marked with the maker like the model 15 that I own, which is completely different in configuration than your gun, but is still almost (but not quite) as old as yours. I would say it is worth 175 or therabouts, 200 is more than fair with the display, not like you wanna know that. a good oldie to keep around and outshoot people with, if you ask me! you will find old shooters will want to shoot it at ranges just because they had one when they were a kid.

you guys all need to post your oldies for me to check out. I LOOOOOOOVE them old guns. you never know what they are worth, most of the time. I can give you a fair appraisal with a good amount of accuracy, as this is one of the things I do is identify and appraise guns. im not well known (yet), but I can almost always identify and value a gun spot on.

I bet you didnt figure the gun was 100 years old when you picked it up, did you?

I've got an old single shot youth model breech loader .22 that was found behind a wall in an old house. It's made in 1899 by Atlas Gun co. who later became Remington Arms. I'll see if I can find the pic.

Those old guns are cool! Man that one looks like new.

post-1293-1171089411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Bvamp and Cobra You Guys ROCK!

I have NEVER gone more than a couple of hours with a question on this forum before I have a ROCK SOLID answer!!!!

I have learned enough here where I could actually help out a noob the other day.

(even though after reading allot of the threads out there I think I'll be feeling like a noob myself for some time yet to come.)

thanks guys!

big thanks to pogy as well!

Hey Juggernaut

Nice rocks too in the pic! Those look like a Savannah river and a Morrow Mountain type one.. Dude those are older than great grandma's pee pot. In fact they could be between 3,000 and 7,000 years old! I know bout these things...

:super:

Hey Juggernaut

Nice rocks too in the pic! Those look like a Savannah river and a Morrow Mountain type one.. Dude those are older than great grandma's pee pot. In fact they could be between 3,000 and 7,000 years old! I know bout these things...

:super:

haright, I've already takrn a shot of whisky and an ambien so Im pretty punchy.

But yo talkin 'bout the aerowheads?

• 1 month later...
I've got an old single shot youth model breech loader .22 that was found behind a wall in an old house. It's made in 1899 by Atlas Gun co. who later became Remington Arms. I'll see if I can find the pic.

Those old guns are cool! Man that one looks like new.

post-1293-1171089411_thumb.jpg

Have you ever had it appraised? I would call Remington. They might pay you damn good money for it.

I have more information on the 22 from your pics, cobra. it is not very valueable. I have a prototype version of that one, which is why it is worth more, otherwise it is the same gun. it was mass produced in belgium in the latter part of the 1800's.

that arrowhead, if authentic, may be worth something to a native american nation, however, juggernaut. find someone reputable and ask them with a close up picture to back your question.

Why can't I ever find a gun :(

A friend of mine found a Win. mod 100 .308 in the woods during bow season! :smoke: But of course it was in the woods for a number of years so its unuseable. :cryss: It even still had 4 rounds in the clip, can't get the action open to get the round out of the chamber because of the rust. Still its a good story.

Always have dreamed about finding a gun in the woods.I found parts of one that someone had blown up.It was an RG .22 short revolver.I have found clips,and i just found cached ammo in a fallen down shack in the middle of nowhere this weekend.A box of Mohawk .22LR and CCI birdshot LR also,full boxes from 30ish years ago!Was a great hiding place the guy had as his shack fell down and the ammo was still safe a dry! :smoke: