H.R.1022 revised. More dangerous now!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

(Edited to remove evidence of my stupidity.)

If this doesn't make you write your congresscritters about H.R.1022 then I don't know how much of your freedom you have to lose before you wake up.

"Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Edited by XD45

Remember boys and girls, this bill bans Saiga rifles by name and Saiga shotguns by description.

`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip;

`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine;

H.R.1022 has been revised to add a grandfather clause. There are a couple of other minor revisions not worth detailing.

But the grandfather clause does make this bill more dangerous because some idiot gunowners will say "well as long as they let me keep what I already have..."

If this doesn't make you write your congresscritters about H.R.1022 then I don't know how much of your freedom you have to lose before you wake up.

"Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

This clause was in it already....

Not that HR 1022 doesn't suck donkey balls but still.

This clause was in it already....

I must have missed it on my first reading.

Of course it's not like it's written to be understood. It keeps making reference to the original awb without quoting the original text, so it would take quite an effort to parse it completely.

I'd really like to see a complete analysis by a competent unbiased source.

However, the bill has picked up 12 co-sponsors, which is clearly progress the the WRONG direction.

Edited by XD45
However, the bill has picked up 12 co-sponsors, which is clearly progress the the WRONG direction.

Umm, you better read that again:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022

govtrack is obviously not updating their info. The Library of Congress has more current info. 12 co-sponsors all signed on yesterday.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d1.../temp/~bd51gZ::

H.R.1022

Title: To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep McCarthy, Carolyn [NY-4] (introduced 2/13/2007) Cosponsors (12)

Latest Major Action: 2/13/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COSPONSORS(12), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)

Rep Ackerman, Gary L. [Dem-NY-5] - 3/7/2007

Rep Crowley, Joseph [Dem-NY-7] - 3/7/2007

Rep Fattah, Chaka [Dem-PA-2] - 3/7/2007

Rep Filner, Bob [Dem-CA-51] - 3/7/2007

Rep Frank, Barney [Dem-MA-4] - 3/7/2007

Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [Dem-TX-18] - 3/7/2007

Rep Maloney, Carolyn B. [Dem-NY-14] - 3/7/2007

Rep Meehan, Martin T. [Dem-MA-5] - 3/7/2007

Rep Moran, James P. [Dem-VA-8] - 3/7/2007

Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [Dem-IL-9] - 3/7/2007

Rep Schiff, Adam B. [Dem-CA-29] - 3/7/2007

Rep Van Hollen, Chris [Dem-MD-8] - 3/7/2007

Edited by XD45

govtrack is obviously not updating their info. The Library of Congress has more current info. 12 co-sponsors all signed on yesterday.

H.R.1022

Latest Major Action: 2/13/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COSPONSORS(12), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)

Wow all democrats surprise surprise surprise.

Course last time they tried this they lost the house and Senate and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again in 2008 if this passes.

H.R.1022

Oh crap...

Wow all democrats surprise surprise surprise.

Course last time they tried this they lost the house and Senate and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again in 2008 if this passes.

If you click the link you'll see that party is not listed. I looked them up and added that info.

Having the craps get voted out would be cold comfort if this has already passed. We must stop it! And signing that petition is all well and good (I did) but the real battle is being fought with calls and letters. Let them hear you! Flood their offices with mail! Clog their phone lines!

I was just looking at some of the guns that are being named and some of them struck me as being just out there.

1) M1 Carbine......this is a WW2 era firearm

2) SKS with detachable magazine......I didn't know they made such a gun

3) Tavor.....this is a selective fire rifle just introduced into the Israeli military and isn't even available for import to anyone that I have heard of.

4) Strum Ruger Mini-14....if this one doesn't get the "I just believe in hunting" crowd on board, we really have gone down hill.

5) Kel-Tec sub rifle.....please, this is a 9mm rifle that doesn't even come close to being an "assault weapon"

I wonder just exactly how she came up with her list

H.R.1022

All my family members have signed this one, and it has gone up about 8K signatures a week. We must support this one, it looks like they are taking all the legitimate data needed to take e-signatures for a petition that would be legally recognized by a court or at least a criminal political party. I drew the line at having my 2 year old punch in the keys.

Why does it say no cosponsors on that site?

Introduced: Feb 13, 2007

Sponsor:

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY](no cosponsors)

Cosponsors

Cosponsorship information sometimes is out of date.

Last Action: Feb 13, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Full Text: View Full Text of Bill

Committee Assignments

I own all but 2 of those on the list, so i'm saving to get those very soon just in case. Worst case, I have two other pieces that I will cherish and hand down to my estate/kids and have a bunch more fun throwing downrange in the meantime.

Edited by twinhairdryers
Why does it say no cosponsors on that site?

Introduced: Feb 13, 2007

Sponsor:

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY](no cosponsors)

Cosponsors

Cosponsorship information sometimes is out of date.

Last Action: Feb 13, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Full Text: View Full Text of Bill

Committee Assignments

I own all but 2 of those on the list, so i'm saving to get those very soon just in case. Worst case, I have two other pieces that I will cherish and hand down to my estate/kids and have a bunch more fun throwing downrange in the meantime.

Go to http://thomas.loc.gov/ and click the "browse bills by sponsor" drop down. Select McCarthy, Carolyn. Scroll down to H.R.1022 and click on it.

You guys don't understand, that the only reason that new anti-gun laws stopped after the 94 ban is because the Republicans won back the House. If the democrats had continued their reign in congress, I believe that all guns would be illegal in this country by now.

Barack Obama wants to ban all semi-automatics in this country?

This will be a battle for our Second Amendment and the other 9 articles in the Bill of Right's.

Edited by TacticalResponse

Obama wants to ban all guns in the US, not just semi-autos. It is my fear that if this ever came before the SC, the SC would hold (in a 6-3 decision with Scalia, Thomas, and Alito dissenting) that there is a special governmental need for the ban of firearms. Things do not look good for gun owners especially since the next president (republican or democrat) is going to be anti-gun.

You guys don't understand, that the only reason that new anti-gun laws stopped after the 94 ban is because the Republicans won back the House. If the democrats had continued their reign in congress, I believe that all guns would be illegal in this country by now.

This will be a battle for our Second Amendment and the other 9 articles in the Bill of Right's.

The scariest thing is Bush will probably sign it. Didn't he tell congress he would reauthorize it when it expired?

I think the long-overdue violent rebellion may finally happen in this country. But if it doesn't, than there will never be the means or opportunity for one ever again. It is now or never.

The scariest thing is Bush will probably sign it. Didn't he tell congress he would reauthorize it when it expired?

Bush told a Republican congress that he would sign a AWB, not a democratic one. From 2002 to 2005 the democrats made five different attempts to reauthorize the assault weapons ban. The democratic AWB renewal bills were never allowed out of Republican controlled committees for House votes.

oh baby, that looks a lot like my "revised" NY laws. just that little change is so wrong....well, it was ALL wrong to begin with, but.....still.....

RUDY FOR PRESIDENT! WHO WAS THERE THAT DAY? IT WAS RUDY!!!!!!!!! NY #!

and it does make sense to have SOME rules. NOT others. I am going to take the outside lap on this one, for a change.

this shit really does bother me, you guys. in a large way. what do they want? to rob us of america? maybe they should move, and we can keep our guns.....how about that one?

everything i have and have had was and is totally 100% legit. I have taken a large amount of consideration in proving that. why dont you all live where they want to steal into my personal space? hmm? who is coming in my home? why?

i dont think so. it wont go. its not written right.

we all should really break down and talk to the liberals sometime. it might actually help, if we come to some accord on the whole matter, and compromise.....and not about the guns. they should spend more on the real criminals, to eliminate them, in essence. fight it like the war that reagan promised us would happen.

"Rudy" is very anti-gun. I don't trust him at all concerning any 2nd Amendment topic. His track record proved that to me. Just google his anti gun stance.

Take my 2nd Amendment and force training and licensing (which I'm sure has a price tag to it)? No thanks. Having been in the Marines for a time should exclude me from any such nonsense gun grabbing compromises. I'd rather he'd just say "Thanks" and know I respect law and mean people no harm.

Sure, he was there for 9-11. Not going to make the post about that at all though (far too off topic). I don't trust nor like his stance on many issues -especially guns. I doubt he'd even take his eyes off the current "poll" to consider a veto of any gun ban.

Ron Paul on the other hand...

Great speech from Feb 5th 2007 and June 26, 2006. More or less though, I have no worries that gun control would ever come from his desk.

No offense to any of course. Some might be "Hillary" fans out there. Not my place to promote like this....but just saying, as far as pro-gun is concerned, best choice from what I've seen out there. Hopefully we'll see some of the debates with him scheduled.

~S

Yep the Muslim Obama is a real bastard! I tried talking everyone I could in voting against him! Still he won.

~M

"Rudy" is very anti-gun. I don't trust him at all concerning any 2nd Amendment topic. His track record proved that to me. Just google his anti gun stance.

Take my 2nd Amendment and force training and licensing (which I'm sure has a price tag to it)? No thanks. Having been in the Marines for a time should exclude me from any such nonsense gun grabbing compromises. I'd rather he'd just say "Thanks" and know I respect law and mean people no harm.

Sure, he was there for 9-11. Not going to make the post about that at all though (far too off topic). I don't trust nor like his stance on many issues -especially guns. I doubt he'd even take his eyes off the current "poll" to consider a veto of any gun ban.

Ron Paul on the other hand...

Great speech from Feb 5th 2007 and June 26, 2006. More or less though, I have no worries that gun control would ever come from his desk.

No offense to any of course. Some might be "Hillary" fans out there. Not my place to promote like this....but just saying, as far as pro-gun is concerned, best choice from what I've seen out there. Hopefully we'll see some of the debates with him scheduled.

~S

Barack Obama on gun gun control.

http://ontheissues.org/Celeb/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm