wasted time

If the volume of effort expended here on he said/she said, was used instead to write and e-mail your Congressmen and Senators - both national and local/state-we could get 922r repealed and have our NLFD's.

While the BS is piling up here the real battles are being pushed by the gungrabbers. We have been winning in the courts and legleslatures- if we are fighting each other we are not fighting for our rights.

edited as usual for poor typing skills

Edited by G O B

This is a Gun Forum???? :huh:

IF we could act in unity we could do great things.

If we are at each others throats "They win!"

We should formulate some good generic letters where it reads like "Dear senator Blank"

and sticky them somewhere on the forum.

Only I would request that someone with greater writing skills and a better grip on gun laws write the letters

rather than myself.

This is a Gun Forum???? :huh:

IF we could act in unity we could do great things.

If we are at each others throats "They win!"

We should formulate some good generic letters where it reads like "Dear senator Blank"

and sticky them somewhere on the forum.

Only I would request that someone with greater wighting skills and a better grip on gun laws wright the letters

rather than myself.

good idea... something like the extremist christians send to the fcc to complain about a show they can't even see...

but nontheless... we we can modify for our individual states

a great idea... since i couldn't make my own... please do

good idea... something like the extremist christians send to the fcc to complain about a show they can't even see...

If "Christians" Fear a TV show or a Movie, than they need stronger "faith" in what they believe.

If "Christians" Fear a TV show or a Movie, than they need stronger "faith" in what they believe.

man... i never saw it stated any better

Very good idea on the form letter! I think some more of us would be willing to take time to do this if they had a better idea of what to say. I (until recently) had never communicated with a congressman or senator. I stumbled for a while until I felt I had made my pointt clear. It would have been nice to at least have a jumping off point. Nevertheless... The whole job only took about a half hour. Shit, I spent more than a half hour arguing/reasoning with screwhead about his twenty round drum the other night. Also, I was not always aware of who my Senators or Congressman were. I am now and have been for a few years. But, It might not be that difficult to post a list of representatives for all of the states. Maybe I will look into this sometime tonight or tomarrow.

Edited by jaywalker
Very good idea on the form letter! I think some more of us would be willing to take time to do this if they had a better idea of what to say. I (until recently) had never communicated with a congressman or senator. I stumbled for a while until I felt I had made my pointt clear. It would have been nice to at least have a jumping off point. Nevertheless... The whole job only took about a half hour. Shit, I spent more than a half hour arguing/reasoning with screwhead about his twenty round drum the other night. Also, I was not always aware of who my Senators or Congressman were. I am now and have been for a few years. But, It might not be that difficult to post a list of representatives for all of the states. Maybe I will look into this sometime tonight or tomarrow.

jaywalker... is there a website that i can check for my so called leaders... i live in oregon so they're all liberals i'm sure... maybe i should talk to yours

jaywalker... is there a website that i can check for my so called leaders... i live in oregon so they're all liberals i'm sure... maybe i should talk to yours

Check my signiture line.

But, It might not be that difficult to post a list of representatives for all of the states. Maybe I will look into this sometime tonight or tomarrow.

If you want to know who represents you in Washington and elsewhere, go here:

http://votesmart.org/index.htm

Put your Zip Code in the appropriate box on the upper left side; and you'll get the whole list along with addresses and phone numbers.

PS: Letters sent by mail or fax carry a lot more weight than phone calls or emails.

why, thats funny. here I am reading my state's constitution and I am at this part:

Section 1. The defense and protection of the state and of the United

States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature

shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the

maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

immediately after reading this:

4. The privilege of a writ or order of habeas corpus shall not be

suspended, unless, in case of rebellion or invasion, the public safety

requires it.

(for those of you that do not know what this means, please refer to Wikipedia - Habeas Corpus)

and I see this topic.

and while im at it, here is my fucked up state -s definition of:

8. Every citizen may freely speak, write and publish his or her

sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that

right; and no law shall be passed to restrain or abridge the liberty of

speech or of the press. In all criminal prosecutions or indictments for

libels, the truth may be given in evidence to the jury; and if it shall

appear to the jury that the matter charged as libelous is true, and was

published with good motives and for justifiable ends, the party shall be

acquitted; and the jury shall have the right to determine the law and

the fact.

how the hell can I live in one of the original 13 colonies, with this in my state constituion, and half of it isnt respect anymore? i dont get it.

know WHY? because the GUN GRABBERS THAT PASS THE LAWS WRITE THOSE SAME LAWS.

people need to wise up and see how it needs to be. ok we need a law to keep machineguns in responsible hands. so let the soccer moms write it, GOOD IDEA. no wonder our country is fucked up beyond belief almost.

thats my take GOB. I have NEVER forgotten what I am after. this issue is CONSTANTLY on my mind.

The folks from Mel Martinez' (Florida)office just got back to me and said he is against 1022 and in favor of the RKBA, the aid went as far as telling me he didn't wan't his 22 banned. I guess I haven't been the only one on the phone. Believe me the more we all can and moan the more the sleaze bags who are said to represent us will think twice before taking our rigths away...Let unite our voices and let it be known as a deffening thunder that the peoples will is the upholding of what our forefathers knew we would need written as law so the inevitable scum bags who desire power could not abuse the people..