Where do you get your bulk .223

I am looking for good prices (Around $150-$200) for 1k of .223 non corrosive ammo. Where do you get yours?

I usually find wolf everywhere, and now nobody has it. I would like some alternatives and opinions.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Do like I do try pawn shops. I put 2 cases (2000rnds) of winchester 55 grain fmj on lay- away today got it for 5 dollars a box. not the best deal, but its good ammo had 2001 date on the boxes. 223 and 7.62 ammo has dried up here.

Edited by will36

It seems to be dries up all over. I called around all day. Tried everyone from florida to utah and they are all out of stock. However they all say they will have more in stock in the next month or so. I'll have to check out the pawn stores local to me.

I did not know about Wisconsin Cartridge. How is the accuracy & concistancy?

I found some 223 REM 55gr FMJBT 3050 fps for $210 per 1k. That is a good price for brass casings rather than steel.

Thank you both for your replies.

I can't figure out which is worse, the gas price gouging or the ammo price gouging.

I don't think there is any "surplus" .223/5.56 left.

I hadn't looked at prices recently - it's amazing how much .223 has gone up. I remember when I could get a can (800+ rounds) of Malaysian 55 gr. for about $100. I'm glad I've still got a couple of cans left, given what the current prices are...

Bad Bob, it's funny that you mentioned the Malaysian ammo.

I bought 4 cans of it last summer at $150 a can, which wasn't all that good of a price last summer,

but now I am glad I have it and the price sounds good now.

I've been saving the Malaysian brass too and making reloads with it.

I bought a couple cans of the British Radway Penetrator stuff from Aim surplus last year for $129.00 for 770 rds loose in a 50cal ammo box,wish i had bought more as it is good stuff.Now IF anyone has it its over $200.

Want an excellent quality ammo at a lower price? Reload your own. Powder, bullets, and primers are plentiful and if you pick up what you're shooting, you already have the brass. A warning, though, reloading is so much fun that a common question among reloaders is whether we reload so we can shoot or shoot so we can reload. A great forum for looking into reloading is http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

Want an excellent quality ammo at a lower price? Reload your own. Powder, bullets, and primers are plentiful and if you pick up what you're shooting, you already have the brass. A warning, though, reloading is so much fun that a common question among reloaders is whether we reload so we can shoot or shoot so we can reload. A great forum for looking into reloading is http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

Uhm.... the Saiga's pretty well munge the brass so it's not reusable. :cryss:

Bill

Bill

True, but if you search the board there are suggestions on how to modify the mechanism (forget exactly which piece) to eliminate the case denting.

Edited by craig110

Bill

True, but if you search the board there are suggestions on how to modify the mechanism (forget exactly which piece) to eliminate the case denting.

Or, you can get reloadable military brass (for example) pretty cheap, reload it, use it in your Saiga, and leave the used ('munged?' ;>) brass on the ground...

;>)

Dunhams in Michigan (and elsewhere, maybe?) has Wolf 55gr HP for 3 boxes for $10. Works out to $166 1K. Not the bext price AT ALL, but what cha gonna do? I shoot the Wolf for training or pplinkling and keep my Q3131 or M193 or other "good" surplus ammo for storage....

Remember Wolf .223 for $100 per 1K? Ahhh memories!

Roger that. i reload for my AR. I have found that Saiga's ruin brass. The bolt is more tolerant than an AR which allows the head to expand. even after resizing the head is too big. it might be ok with a full length die though. i don't have a full lengh die so i can't speak for it. plan on steel cased stuff, if it ever becomes plentifull again. i have been unable to find wolf or monarch locally for about 9 months.

Bill

Anyone know which parts need to be changed in order to be able to reload saiga brass?

Anyone know which parts need to be changed in order to be able to reload saiga brass?

If I remember correctly, some folks say the Finns made a rubber bumper for the aft end of the ejection port (for their Valmets) that prevents case denting.

Anyone have any personal experience with such a beast?

If I remember correctly, some folks say the Finns made a rubber bumper for the aft end of the ejection port (for their Valmets) that prevents case denting.

Anyone have any personal experience with such a beast?

I found a photo. It doesn't look too complex.

post-4307-1175129099_thumb.jpg

I found a listing for an auction online and a "used in good condition" port buffer sold for $150 :o

Looks like there might be a business oportunity here for someone (like dinzag ;>) - I bet you could make 'em for a couple of bucks, in quantity, and they would work on every AK in the country (plus FALs, and probably other rifles as well)...

Edited by Bad Bob

I was browsing the latest Shot Gun News today.

Has anybody had any experience with Gulf Coast Ammunition?

They're out of Groves, TX

Their prices look almost too good to be true.

1k Wolf steel case for $122 and 1k Wolf brass case for $215.

I tried their website, www.gulfcoastammunition.com , but it is currently under construction.

Edited by Kilroy08
I was browsing the latest Shot Gun News today.

Has anybody had any experience with Gulf Coast Ammunition?

They're out of Groves, TX

Their prices look almost too good to be true.

1k Wolf steel case for $122 and 1k Wolf brass case for $215.

I tried their website, www.gulfcoastammunition.com , but it is currently under construction.

No way on the steel! believe it when i see it,unless they charge $60.00 shipping

Edited by Pointer
I was reading it on the "thinking chair" in the "mens library" at home...

My "thinking chair" & "mens' library" are out in the garage (amazing what a little distance will do, when it comes to your WECSOG creativity! ;>). I know I've been sitting there too long, when one of the dogs comes up and lubricates my hands (with 'dog polymer' ;>) so much I can't hold a beer in a safe and proficient manner...

;>)