Differeces between Saiga Made/Imported Folding Stock and Ace-Saiga Fol

Any differences between the Ace Folding stock for the Saiga at $185.00 and the Saiga made/imported folding stock as sold by AIM for $120.00?

Is the Ace worth $65 bucks more?

Not interested in converting the Saiga now. Not interested in 922r issues. Just looking for which folding stock is better/worth the money. Thanks.

Steve

Edited by sgphoto

I know you said you're not interested in 922R issues, but I can't think of any way you can get your Saiga US compliant with that stock and not replacing any FCG parts. A US made FCG modified for Saigas would be $65 from me. In fact that's exactly the price difference you listed.

With the ACE stock, you'd still need to replace 3 more parts with US made ones, but at least it would be doable. The Ace stock + FCG + piston would do it.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Neither will get me thrown in jail for asking questions.

I appreciate everyone trying to save my soul, but I'm not looking to be saved.

Again, I'm merely asking a question for subjective opinions about folding stocks for uncoverted Saigas. Nothing else. I know about 922®. I'll certainly ask questions about 922® when it's necessary to what I wish to know.

I'm not trying to be a hardass about it. I have noticed in the past a reluctance to discuss anything related to after market products for uncoverted Saigas (anything less than a complete conversion). I also notice that many people here build and sell products for converted Saigas.

I have bought from Danzig and he was excellent in service and products. I know the excellent reputation many have on this forum.

But not everyone wants to have a full conversion Saiga. However, there is interest in after market products for unconverted Saigas regardless of 922®.

There is also an interest in keeping 922® issues in the forefront in order to sell "conversion" products.

Free enterprise at it's best. Have problem with your unconverted Saiga?--here's the solution (and we make/sell/advertise it)! I applaud your sense of capitalism as I'm one too.

But for "unconverted Saigas", where after market parts can accomplish much (if not most) of the benefits of a "conversion" and are thought of as "unlawful" or "bad" simply from their existence, it's the same argument gun control advocates use. Gun part=Bad Part=Bad Gun!

Again, thanks for giving me your advice about 922 ®. But just looking for comparisons of "Unconverted Saiga folding stocks".

Steve

What the original poster seems to be missing is the fact that putting the Saiga stock on his gun puts him in violation of 922r, regardless of whether he wants to make it look like an AK or not.

It's not that people on here are preaching or whatever.

If you just stick that stock on the gun, and don't add U.S. parts, you are a lawbreaker.

That's what we are trying to tell you.

Just about any change you make to a stock Saiga, without adding U.S. parts violates the law.

That's what we are trying to get across.

More to the point of your question, it's very hard to beat the quality of the Ace stocks from what I've heard.

I'm the original poster. I'm not missing any facts. I know about 922r. I've known about 922r for a long time.

THANKS for the input on 922r, everyone. I still know about 922r.

But the question was not about 922r issues. I even stated that in the original post.

It was a question about folding stocks for unconverted Saigas. I never stated any intent to put one on any Saiga, just which folding stock people thought best.

Thanks for the information about the Saiga folding stock and the Ace folding stock.

I'm the original poster. I'm not missing any facts. I know about 922r. I've known about 922r for a long time.

THANKS for the input on 922r, everyone. I still know about 922r.

But the question was not about 922r issues. I even stated that in the original post.

It was a question about folding stocks for unconverted Saigas. I never stated any intent to put one on any Saiga, just which folding stock people thought best.

Thanks for the information about the Saiga folding stock and the Ace folding stock.

I have the ACE stock and it looks and feels great I beleive it was worth the extra cost.

• 5 months later...

I have the ACE stock and it looks and feels great I beleive it was worth the extra cost.

Ok, I got my form 4 back from NFA and got to finally bring the Tromix 8" SBS home, but now I realize I have no idea how you make that ACE folding stock on it fold and re-open.

What is the trick?

Jim G

Pull up!

The rear (buttstock) end of the folding mechanism slides up, then you can fold it in. I usually have my fingers wrapped around the stock and my thumb on top of the piece connected to the receiver. Then I push down with my thumb and pull up with my fingers. (Sometimes mine is a piece of cake, and sometimes it's a real PITA! Don't be shy!) Same thing to unfold it (although they will open without the lifting action -- but you can wear the corner of the fixed portion of the mechanism).

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy
I know you said you're not interested in 922R issues, but I can't think of any way you can get your Saiga US compliant with that stock and not replacing any FCG parts. A US made FCG modified for Saigas would be $65 from me. In fact that's exactly the price difference you listed.

With the ACE stock, you'd still need to replace 3 more parts with US made ones, but at least it would be doable. The Ace stock + FCG + piston would do it.

how do i buy a folding stock from you

and does your stock include the forearm

and does your unit alow for install without midification

for example

one folding stock has the forearm separate and you have to move the trigger

and another folding stock has the forearm integral between the frame and folder

please email me separately if you can

just signed to this site and not sure how it works

thanks

I bought the $185 ACE stock because the Russian one is out of stock everywhere. (And because I truly cherish the BATF) :unsure:

Haven't received it yet, but yes JST, you can install it without modifying your gun, moving triggers, etc. Go here: http://riflestocks.com/SaigaAK.htm

and fork over enough dough to buy another rifle like I did. :smoke:

MF

for example

thanks

I bought the $185 ACE stock because the Russian one is out of stock everywhere. (And because I truly cherish the BATF) :unsure:

Haven't received it yet, but yes JST, you can install it without modifying your gun, moving triggers, etc. Go here: http://riflestocks.com/SaigaAK.htm

and fork over enough dough to buy another rifle like I did. :smoke:

MF

for example

thanks

MindFork - REMEMBER - If you Put that Stock w/ PG on Your Rifle - You are NOW ILLEGAl, Unless You Add More USA PARTS! (USA MAG, or PISTON w/ foregirp, or FCG...don't just bolt it on w/o 992r Compliance ! Do You realize you just made and Assualt Rifle and have to comply with some Federal Laws? (922r)

• 1 year later...

ok i am a newbie,,,, but as i impatiently wait for my ace saiga m4 folding stock (5 - 6 weeks at least last i heard) i read this thread thinking i would find other types of folding stocks and options. i get the importance of 922 but what i think the original poster wanted,,, as do i is more options then the ace. if i could find the same style of stock i would cancel and get it,,, if i can get it sooner then the " maybe if you are lucky in 6 weeks" i am getting now,,,,, so any one out there have a non ace m4 style folding stock for the saiga?