Is everyone out of S12-109's

Hi Guys,

I have been reading and lurking for a month or two and trying to learn about the Saiga 12 system. I bought one from FBMG on March 2 after passing on one that I had in my hands in Fort Worth that was going to be $469. The best price seemed to be at FBMG so I ordered one only to find out that they were out of stock and I would be on a waiting list. I am really trying to be patient and I call once a week to see if the status on the orders have changed. I have been told every week that the factory shipment is being held up and nobody can get them. He asked me if I wanted a refund but I am afraid to say yes and loose my place in line to receive one of the shotguns. I already bought 3 10 round mags for it in anticipation but I am wondering if any of you guys know where I can find one right now.

Thanks for putting out such a great and informative forum. I enjoy reading the threads each day.

Sgt. Dave

why does everyone want the 109's with the rifles sights????

a shotgun should have a bead sight damnit. less precise but much quicker. and the new 108's supposedly have the BHO as well. maybe the rifle sights will work better for competition, but some HK sights from tromix would be even better. or even the krebs custom one that puts the sight on the barrel to increase sight radius. why does everyone want the 109's?

From a USPSA, three-gun competition and overall speed-shooting standpoint, there's nothing wrong with regular rifle sights on a shotgun. The bead system is preferred but some people are just as fast with rifle sights as a bead.

If you are going for speed shooting, do not get the HK ghost ring sights. It's a fact that they are too slow for speed shooting. Many people use Benellis for three-gun competition but found the ghost ring is way too slow. They switched to rifle sights.

For speed shooting, stick with bead or rifle sights. But, since a Saiga 12 automatically puts you into open class, you may as well use a low-mounted red dot sight. Again, I'm speaking from a speed-shooting standpoint.

The HK ghost ring and extended radius AK-type sights are fine from an accuracy standpoint, but too slow for speed shooting.

Edited by surfmaster

I shoot in the open division and Limited division in USPSA. I was recently inducted into Team Infinity for sponsership. I already have a Benelli set up for Limited and I really like the idea of using the Saiga system better than using speed sticks on my Benelli. I dont need or like rifle sights on a shotgun. I will use a Hi-Viz type FO sight that seems to be fastest for me. My Beretta O/U that I compete in sporting clays has the FO sights so I have become comfortable with using these sighting systems. I did see the used one for $450 but I would rather wait for a new one. If you guys see anymore out there please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

I was feeling your pain until I found one at John Brown's Armory (they said it will be shipped tommorow) I got the info from this forum (Thanks to who posted it) I was informed that it was the last one and they did not know when, if any more were comming in. Good luck and keep checking on Gun Broker (thats where I bought my first one.)

If you guys see anymore out there please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

::insert shameless plug:::

http://www.alleghenytradeco.com/

they had a 19" bho, threaded w/ rifle sights last time i was in

Thanks alot Scoutjoe.

I called today and made the purchase.

Dave

Ah so down in Texas eh? I asked Chuck who bought it since I gave that info out a bit. Glad to see somebody from the board got it

I kinda stuck it to me a bit because I told him I would take it since it was the only one I could find at the time. Once I gave all the information he told me the price was $500 shipped. That is about 50-60 dollars more than everyone else but I decided to stay with the deal since I told him I would buy it and I didnt want to wait until June for FMBG to get the one I ordered on march to me. I wish I had asked the price before jumping on the deal so fast but what the hell.

I kinda stuck it to me a bit because I told him I would take it since it was the only one I could find at the time. Once I gave all the information he told me the price was $500 shipped. That is about 50-60 dollars more than everyone else but I decided to stay with the deal since I told him I would buy it and I didnt want to wait until June for FMBG to get the one I ordered on march to me. I wish I had asked the price before jumping on the deal so fast but what the hell.

Better to have it now and pay more than to wait...wait...wait...

If my credit card didn't already get charged, then that's what I would have done too.

Better to have it now and pay more than to wait...wait...wait...

If my credit card didn't already get charged, then that's what I would have done too.

i glady paid 500 for mine... but that was to my buddy who got itand decided to go for a 24"... i hope he made a few buck for his trouble

(edit) on a side note... i called every gun dealer in my phone book to locate s-12's (to no avail)... but if we ALL did that and posted availabilities we could propagate our sub-species faster...

i know one of my locals is expecting 20 or 30 s-12's

Edited by mccumber1916

For the record, I got no kind of commison or anything like that from them I just noticed one in there and i know it was a bit steep but think of it this way...how often do prices go down?

For the record, I got no kind of commison or anything like that from them I just noticed one in there and i know it was a bit steep but think of it this way...how often do prices go down?

the satisfaction of uniting others with s-12's is all i need... this week i'm gonna call outlying area gundealers

I checked with Miles at my local today, he had a 410 and some rifles. He called his didtrib. who said they had the 22" 12s and could have them shiped to your local G.S. in two days. The 22" is $510 and the 19" is $470. The 19" are on order but he said he gets them pretty regularly. He said they (the dist.) have a preffered status with Russian American Arms because they've been in with them for a while. Beats a two month wait.

why does everyone want the 109's with the rifles sights????

a shotgun should have a bead sight damnit. less precise but much quicker. and the new 108's supposedly have the BHO as well. maybe the rifle sights will work better for competition, but some HK sights from tromix would be even better. or even the krebs custom one that puts the sight on the barrel to increase sight radius. why does everyone want the 109's?

not sure -- thats all that was available when I bought mine this year ... I really wanted the new EXP model, but they are not even available in the US w/o special permit & ordering direct from IZMASH