AARRRRGGHHHH 10 rounded will not fit

:killer: :killer: :killer:

I lived with all the hacking for the conversion and kicked butt but this sucker is ONLY meant for a Saiga 12 and it does not FIT! SIGH. Yes I will use the search and failing that pull out the dreaded dremel and make it match my 5 rounder as close as possible but DAMN.

:smoke: okay got that out my system. Any quick fixes guys?

Edited by rocinante

I lived with all the hacking for the conversion and kicked butt but this sucker is ONLY meant for a Saiga 12 and it does not FIT! SIGH. Yes I will use the search and failing that pull out the dreaded dremel and make it match my 5 rounder as close as possible but DAMN.

that gun is really trying your patience

did you try a different 10rounder?

that gun is really trying your patience

did you try a different 10rounder?

nope. I am my own daddy warbucks that only ordered one. I am going to dig up some of my old Kung Fu videos and watch that old wise blind dude talk soothing gibberish and find some zen man. Oh grasshopper be one with the saiga. aarrrggghh. I mean hummmmm.

It doesn't fit how? Front to back, side to side, too loose, won't feed???

The mag will not go into the gun period. I can not get the front lip to lock and the back will not slide in either. Too big.

the agp mag is 3.14 wide versus 3.12 for the stock 5 from the tip of the front to the tip of the back. just from eyeballing the shape of the front lip is very different. The stock one front lip looking at the bottom has a slope on the right and comes straight across while the agp is sloped on both sides. The top of the lip on the stock is more concave while the agp has a straight surface.

Hey,bro,when you start hacking your mag,just remove a wee bit at a time,then test for fit.You can always remove more,but you can't put any back on!.A flat needle file works great,btw.

Sorry to go off-topic,here,just wondered-what handguard did you end up going with?.

Hey,bro,when you start hacking your mag,just remove a wee bit at a time,then test for fit.You can always remove more,but you can't put any back on!.A flat needle file works great,btw.

Sorry to go off-topic,here,just wondered-what handguard did you end up going with?.

I went with the tapco saw grip and it feels real good. I forgot to order the nut and screw but saw a thread where cobra said with the saw he just used a 1/4 inch carriage bolt and put it through the existing old trigger hole. I tried that but did not like the way it sat, way too far from the trigger. So I cut a square hole the shape of the carriage bolt right where I wanted. It ended up sitting flat when I bolted it on. guten tight just the way all men like! When I put the internal stock adapter block in I had to shave the sides of the carriage bolt head so it would fit in the adapter.

Damn there is that reading comprehension problem again. HANDGUARD. So far I stayed with the stock. I am still mulling over what pleases my senses.

When it's too big, that's actuallyl good news. If you said it was too loose, you'd be screwed.

Filing is good with a flat file or you can use sandpaper but mount it on a little sanding block that you can make to a convenient size. These methods are better than dremelling in this case. The flatness of the sanding block or the file is important for controlling what you are removing.

I think I had one mag that hesitated to go in, I never did force it, it just went in on about the 10th try, I assumed there was some flashing, but never did even find it.

I also think the limiting measurement isn't from tip of lip to tip of lip, it would be from under those lips (as those are the areas that would actually contact the shotgun reciever.

I just dug my calipers out. Here are some measurements from several mags.

lip to lip under the lips

5rnd#1 3.389 3.145

8rnd#1 3.376 3.162

8rnd#2 3.367 3.181

8rnd#3 3.368 3.172

10rnd#1 3.390 3.164

10rnd#2 3.389 3.168

10rnd#3 3.396 3.178

10rnd#4 3.392 3.162

And the inside dimensions of my shotty from front to back is ....3.237 (measured beside the rear mag catch).

I think there is something else going on, you might study the area under the rear lip were the mag catch seats?

Got it in. I had to file it a fair amount under the front lip but it slips and clicks now no problemo. Time to go to Dick's and get some shells and see if it will at least cycle them. It sucks living in the city and can't go out and fire whenever you want. Maybe I should move to Baghdad!

Hey rocinante, I live in the middle of Montana and got to tell ya, it is great to just go out the front door, or back and blast! FYI, you can also piss anywhere you want : )

Use to be that way here in Hickory Flat ....I could shot off the back porch. I could hunt over on the Managment area or Ga.-Kraft land just a few miles away. Hell the Corp of Engneers sold all the managment land to developers and Ga. Kraft did the same. Now I have to drive 40miles to my hunting club to shoot and that land probably will go away soon too. I still piss off my back porch though...screw um if they dont like it ....I was here fuckin first.a045.gif

Out here in Cincinnati area.... just look for an indoor range that allows "shotguns". If they rent them...you can shoot them ;)

So long as you obey the range rules (velocity and most likely NO steel shot -lead only or slugs etc is ok) and you'll be fine and watch the jaws drop.

The range I go to regularly I can shoot anything in there -except steel shot. All other standard ammo is open season on the range :)

~S

This is a strange one! My AGPs were actually smaller than my factory 5 and 8 rounders. They snapped right in without any sanding work. All my factory ones took a bunch of sanding to lock in, none for AGPs.

I finally tuned my AGP's. Prior to any mods to them they would not advance a shell up quick enough for some loads including Wolf, which is in my favorites list. I had to sand the insides to thin out the material so the sides of the shells wouldn't hand up on the walls. This seemed to have solved the sticky shell syndrome. I then took a dremel with a polishing felt to smooth them out, and went with a dry graphite lube.

The feed angle syndrome may also be solved by increasing the angle of the front of the feed lips. I can't recall now who initially brought this idea to the forum, but it was a great writeup with a comparison and pics of the AGP verses factory feed lips. Many thanks on this idea. I ran 220 rounds without a low diver failure to go into battery (shell diving into bottom of chamber entrance).

I did this to 5 mags. I did however ruin one pair of feed lips by taking too much material for too high an angle. They pop up too high now and snag the top chamber "tangs". Whoopsy - I was going to try to write a nice letter to AGP and see if they would be willing to send a replacement lip even though I screwed it up with a brief problem description.

So far, these tuning steps should help many out there who still have feed problems with the AGP's. I must give the old blind wise man who drank too much Saki warning though - go slow when sanding or removing any material from your mag!! As all know, taking small bits of material off and then testing is a whole lot easier than trying to put some back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!