Tritium,

Damn that looks sweet. I've been wanting to build one of those for a while now but keep putting things off. Was that kit as clean as it looks in the picture, furnature looks great. If you don't mind me asking, where did the kit come from and did you use a NoDak receiver, or something else?

Good score, let us know how it shoots

Mark

Thanks guys. The parts kit came from Gunthings.com. The furniture was banged up superficially but recovered nicely after sanding with 220 grit, then wet 400 grit, some stain, and sealing with clear lacquer. It is on a Nodak Spud 2T receiver, which has the hole for the fire selector on the left. The barrel looks to be in good shape so hope it shoots well. The parts were all bead blasted, Parkerized, and some were then painted with Brownell's bake on enamel. Boilerman you might check with Gunthings re: a safety lever.

Edited to add content.

Edited by tritium
  • 2 months later...

I can pretty much guess at the 5 easy 922 parts, for the balance did you swap out mag parts or the brake? Something else?

I'd like to keep all the furnature original. Also, was the texture on your gas block kind of rough, the 1989 kit I picked up from Copes was in VGC, but the surface on the gas block is a little rougher than I'm used to seeing on the Romy and Yugo kits.

I can pretty much guess at the 5 easy 922 parts, for the balance did you swap out mag parts or the brake? Something else?

I'd like to keep all the furnature original. Also, was the texture on your gas block kind of rough, the 1989 kit I picked up from Copes was in VGC, but the surface on the gas block is a little rougher than I'm used to seeing on the Romy and Yugo kits.

I'd picked up a US made brake some time ago and finally put it to use. Don't recall the gas block being particularly rough.

Yeah that gun is ok, but I got a few questions for you.

1: What hours do you work?

2: Do you own dogs?

3: Do you keep loaded weapons in your house?

4: What room do you keep that Tantal in?

Well...........I will admit that I don't work and that there are numerous loaded firearms about the place. The rest I would leave to your own conjecture. :haha: Thanks for the sort of backhanded compliment though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I wish I could get a Tantal. CT law is so strange, I don't know how people get around it. I can only find .223 ak's and saiga .308's at gunstores, and managed to get an ugly romanian Century Arms in 5.45. No idea how it was legal, but I can't complain. It's probably the lowest quality AK ever made, but it's all I can get my hands on.