Whats Your Favorite Magazine Size?

Size Em Up!  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What Capacity Magazine Do You Like The Best?

• 2 Round Russian
    • 5 Round Russian
    • 8 Round Russian
    • 10 Round AGP
    • 10+ Round Frankenmag
    • 2-10 Round Frankenmag
    • 20 Rd Drum
    • 10 Round Saiga Solutions

22_Shooter: Try to look at the map. Due your ****** bussiness and law restriction there's no other choice. We shed our blood in Iraq, Afganistan with your troops but for bussiness - still untrustworthy.....

Back to topic, for IPSC shooters?

5,8,10,12rds mag? Are ya' silly?

Connected mags are like banana. Too long, too unhandy and by the way - double prize.

I have 18rds mag(connected). My buddy 19rds with special basepad.

Try to lie down with these.

Drum? Nice and only choice.....

The poll started a little over 2 years ago when there wasn't any Surefires being made yet.

I mainly shoot 8 round Surefires myself, but given the choices allowed, I'd vote for the Russian 8 rounders for most shooting I do. I have the 5 rounders and a couple MD-20 drums too, and I love them, but I don't use them as much as the 8 rounders. As Cobra mentioned, the 5 rounders are nice for slug shooting from a bench.

Corbin

WHY no 12 round listed on the poll?

I like my AGPs cut down to 8!

I used a Saigatech Floorplate and it made them much handier! I would not mind getting a few of the Russians, but the cost is prohibitive!

This thread started over 2 years ago, when they're weren't any Pro Mags or Surefires out there. I don't think it's easy to change a poll once it's started either. If those choices were available, the Surefire would have been in my top 3, I think. The Russian 8 rounder is still number one though, IMO.

Corbin

What about Pro Mag ten rounders? I like mine. If would like to see an eight rounder made in the US either by Pro Mag or AGP. Both are good magazines but too long.

I had good luck I guess with the 2 promags I purchased. I did have to cork and fork them because the follower was sitting too high when I received them. I fitted them to my gun in about 5 minutes by forcing them in to see where they were catching. then filed a little bit and no problems. Both shot fine at the range. I actually only had a FTF and FTE while using the stock 5 rounder. But it seemed to be caused by weapon or ammo not magazine.

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have 3 Surefires cut down to 8 rounds, 6 AGP 10 rounders, and 2 factory 5's. I recently discovered AGP is making 8 rounders and sells floorplates to allow you to cut down your 10 rounders like Surefire. I like 8 rounders the best so I may cut a few of my AGPs down.

That same question was asked in this thread already.......by another person and by you. We already answered, both times......the poll started in 2007, before Surefire mags came out. The poll can't be changed.

Why the no sure fire mags in the poll?

If it was up there, I would vote for a 8 round sure fire.

The russian mags are ok, but hurt when it comes to 922r

check out the OP date of the poll..... may have something to do with it....

Edited by Corbin

^ Too bad this poll is so old and there's not a more updated one. After playing with several 10-round AGP's and 12-round Surefires, I gotta say that I prefer the big ol 12-round Surefires. I like the 1-piece construction of the magazine body more than the screwed-together construction of the AGP's, and all of my Surefires have fit my gun more smoothly and naturally than my AGP's. Sure the Surefires are so long they can almost be used as monopods :D, but the way they're designed allows them to be shortened to the operator's preference, (a very cool feature), and, considering you can load 13 shells into the standard, black "12-round" Surefire mags, (I recently got a clear 12-round Surefire mag and it really can only hold 12 shells :blink: ), I think they're a great product.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 2 weeks later...
^ Too bad this poll is so old and there's not a more updated one. After playing with several 10-round AGP's and 12-round Surefires, I gotta say that I prefer the big ol 12-round Surefires. I like the 1-piece construction of the magazine body more than the screwed-together construction of the AGP's, and all of my Surefires have fit my gun more smoothly and naturally than my AGP's. Sure the Surefires are so long they can almost be used as monopods :D, but the way they're designed allows them to be shortened to the operator's preference, (a very cool feature), and, considering you can load 13 shells into the standard, black "12-round" Surefire mags, (I recently got a clear 12-round Surefire mag and it really can only hold 12 shells :blink: ), I think they're a great product.

I actually took my AGP mags appart and put JB weld on them and reassembled. That actually worked like a charm. My AGP mags will never and can never separate and they can feed 10x 3in MAG loads.