AGP mag fix solution / offer

I recently bought 6 of these magazines (but have not shot with them yet). I wonder what percentage of foks have issues with the AGPs?

Guys, how are your AGP's working?

CMOS

Pretty good, not 100%. Mostly my main problem is putting a new mag in the gun and the first round seats too low, it should be angled upwards a bit. After that though, they all feed. If the first round mashes at the chamber though, it is worthless after that. That is my only complaint.

Pretty good, not 100%. Mostly my main problem is putting a new mag in the gun and the first round seats too low, it should be angled upwards a bit. After that though, they all feed. If the first round mashes at the chamber though, it is worthless after that. That is my only complaint.

Wow! I have four and have shot a case of buckshot between all four and mine have fed flawlessly. The only problems I have had is one magazine tried to eat it's self from the inside and one did not fit until i filed the catch on the back so it would lock in. Other than that there are fine.

There are double stack magazines on the way. They won't be ready until close to January but they are coming. Judgeing from the .223 and 762X39 magazines he has already made these should be really nice.

The AGP's I have ran through my shottie have all been fairly reliable. It has had some mods however.

I got the mags early on during the MFG process.

I installed feed lips off regular factory 5 rounders until the new lips showed.

Mine's a 2001 19" (was 23") and 3 ports opened to 0.093".

There are differences between the factory & AGP mags, I would agree some guns may be more sensitive to it.

My Saiga 12 is being converted at this time by Joe Freeman at Millena Enterprises. I also had problems with all 3 of my AGP mags. Feed angle is too low causing shell to jam into bottom of chamber 50% of the time while dry-cyling. As with the above poster, this seems to happen with the top shells more often.

Do you modify the follower or make a new one?

Gentlemen:

I modify the existing follower to the extent that it's essentially a new one. I GUARANTEE complete satisfaction with military (or your, or your family's, safety) reliability. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't so. MAKE NO MISTAKE. I know that many of the other "fixes" may "improve" reliability, but not make it absolute. I am guaranteeing ABSOLUTE reliabliity.

My Saiga 12 is being converted at this time by Joe Freeman at Millena Enterprises. I also had problems with all 3 of my AGP mags. Feed angle is too low causing shell to jam into bottom of chamber 50% of the time while dry-cyling. As with the above poster, this seems to happen with the top shells more often.

The AGps WILL ALWAYS ram the shell (90+% of the time) into the trunion BELOW the chamber opening. I GUARANTEE I can fix that permanently.

Let me think this over this weekend and I will get back with you on it. It is definitely the problem I have experienced and really the only problem with the AGP magazines....the feed angle. I'm glad you brought this up and are offering this service.

Let me think this over this weekend and I will get back with you on it. It is definitely the problem I have experienced and really the only problem with the AGP magazines....the feed angle. I'm glad you brought this up and are offering this service.

I have 5 and each one did not feed reliably. All fed the shells low (inparadels follower issue) that I fixed by dremmeling the feed lips. I will admit, if I carry loaded mags in my range bag, at least one will have less or no shells left in just by banging the bag around. I have not had one start auto-deshelling itelf during firing. I really hope that doesn't happen.

3 of the 5 needed sanding inside just because the walls were too thick and larger shells stuck creating the slow feed issue. This has solved the issues on all with the very slow/stuck feed issue.

The magnitude of the job that AGP took on with this project is quite admirable, and I think in the end they came very very close to the near impossible task. I still at their price point on these that some tinkering time and experiment time to get 100% feed reliability is still acceptable. At > 100.00 i'd have said no, and perhaps even tried to return some.

I'm not sure what inparadel is looking to charge for mods to followers

FTE problems every single time. (second batch)

Guys, how are your AGP's working?

edit: If I had the tools/time/knowhow to make them right Im sure they would be a blast. that just isnt the reality of my situation though.

Edited by frr

How about collaborating w/AGP to fix the problem instead of bending us over twice...... No Starting a flame, but hell, there is a better sollution than 110.00+ for a mag with "100% reliability promise ".... How about a little communication.....?? I have my Factory 8's to relay on for SHTF and have had similar problems with mt 3 AGP mags but have almost corrected them w/emory cloth and graghite.....just my results though... But $50 for "remanufacture" on top of a $50 dollar mag..... Sir, I hope I get a hand-job with that....

it's great that you did some figurin and such but...

the forum is about sharing info tips etc.

it seems like you just want to cash out on us though

why can't you buy mags... rebuild the follower...

do a trade in... we send you our follower and $X... and we get new follower

you keep a small stock of rebuildables coming in and don't make an ass of yourself by coming off as greedy...

i don't say it to sound rude to you... i think others may be seeing you as greedy

i got lucky with my one agp but have heard it to the contrary with many...

i'm just trying to be neutral

I believe you have to be a contributor to peddle your services or products.

Personally, the price is outrageous considering that its simply tuning the mag. With the tips from the forum alone I tuned mine to not FTF or FTE.

I've never seen any service out there that matches "tuning" with what the original cost for the product is .

I "suppose" you could itemize your work:

$1 piece of chalk

$49 knowing where to place the "X".

Now granted, "absolute" reliability is nice and all that. But you'd probably make more money buying the AGP mags in bulk and then selling them as "tuned" mags for like $75 or something. At the current rate you have...personally...I think you're losing more business that simply tuning mags (if you were to undertake other endeavors, most people remember this sort of gouging. Then again, justification is all a matter of perspective -so I do wish you good fortunes).

~Steve

Edited by whatmanual

The AGps WILL ALWAYS ram the shell (90+% of the time) into the trunion BELOW the chamber opening. I GUARANTEE I can fix that permanently.

I very much appreciate your offer and will take it under consideration. Although as others have implied, it may be a bit out of my price range after paying for the PG conversion and all.

.........all my AGP mags run great except with S&B 3" Mag 00...... That's been the only problem I've experienced, and its been solved by not using the S&B 3" !!! Remmy works just fine !!!!

Never a problem with ramming shells into the bottom of the trunion..................

I'm not trying to take sides here, but I think you guys should reply to the OP in PM. Trashing a guys thread isn't exactly cool in my book. He is offering a service and if you think it's too much, you should be discussing this with him. While I agree that $50 per mag is very expensive to pay on top of the $59 for the mag...it's not my place to trash him in public.

You would think that AGP would have done the R&D to ensure that their mags would be 100% prior to releasing the mags. The OP discovered a way to fix the issue and he wants to be compensated for his time. If AGP is offering updated mags...they should be offering a trade in for those who own mags that are not functioning correctly.

Edited by aubie515
I'm not trying to take sides here, but I think you guys should reply to the OP in PM. Trashing a guys thread isn't exactly cool in my book. He is offering a service and if you think it's too much, you should be discussing this with him. While I agree that $50 per mag is very expensive to pay on top of the $59 for the mag...it's not my place to trash him in public.

You would think that AGP would have done the R&D to ensure that their mags would be 100% prior to releasing the mags. The OP discovered a way to fix the issue and he wants to be compensated for his time. If AGP is offering updated mags...they should be offering a trade in for those who own mags that are not functioning correctly.

i myself am not trying to trash him... more offering differrent concept to his idea

i know i'd be frustrated as hell if my AGP acted like many others...

AGP was completely vilified by some guys on this board for taking longer than originally planned to get the mags out. I said at the beginning that it takes a few trials of design / manufacturing / testing / debugging / modification / manufacturing etc. to get it 100% right. But because of the high demand and pressure to release them, they did, even though the mags could have used a trial run and a long test period. So what you have now is the first test period, really.

I'm sure that AGP is going to take these results and do the necessary modifications for the next run of mags. If all they need is a new follower, I would imagine that AGP will send new followers to owners of the first run.

There are plenty of magazine tuners already in business. This is not uncommon. For pistols, there are at lest 4 companies that make aftermarket followers. That business is there because the already overpriced magazine doesn't work as well as we would like in a match. Bombing a stage because your mag pukes on you can be easily fixed with a tuned mag. (If you don't want to work on it yourself)

Personally, I'd buy a new follower for about $10, otherwise, I'd just fix it myself. I'm sure if I took out a Russian follwer I could figure out how much fiberglass build up was necessary to get a reshaped follower.

Hopefully AGP is working on this. They treated everyone real well with the feed lip probelems. Too bad that they were run off of the board.

you keep a small stock of rebuildables coming in and don't make an ass of yourself by coming off as greedy...

i don't say it to sound rude to you... i think others may be seeing you as greedy

I agree, but sometimes some of the stuff is pretty complicated, and risky when the part is expensive. When I have a problem that I can't handle, I am glad to have someone out there to take up the slack for me. Besides, if you can figure it out, you don't need me. I am only trying to help and be helped. Consenting adults, and all that. This is a pretty common and baffling problem. I spent over a year perfecting the fix. Fair is fair. I hear you, bro, and I agree. . . with both of us.

BTW. . .thanks for all the support on the work and the gratitude for fixing a nasty problem. Thanks, guys. I mean it. Glad to help out, and be helped out.

I agree, but sometimes some of the stuff is pretty complicated, and risky when the part is expensive. When I have a problem that I can't handle, I am glad to have someone out there to take up the slack for me. Besides, if you can figure it out, you don't need me. I am only trying to help and be helped. Consenting adults, and all that. This is a pretty common and baffling problem. I spent over a year perfecting the fix. Fair is fair. I hear you, bro, and I agree. . . with both of us.

BTW. . .thanks for all the support on the work and the gratitude for fixing a nasty problem. Thanks, guys. I mean it. Glad to help out, and be helped out.

phew... i'm glad you didn't get me wrong

as it is a common problem and i'm gonna get more mags.... i would like to get improved followers

There are plenty of magazine tuners already in business. This is not uncommon. For pistols, there are at lest 4 companies that make aftermarket followers. That business is there because the already overpriced magazine doesn't work as well as we would like in a match. Bombing a stage because your mag pukes on you can be easily fixed with a tuned mag. (If you don't want to work on it yourself)

Personally, I'd buy a new follower for about $10, otherwise, I'd just fix it myself. I'm sure if I took out a Russian follwer I could figure out how much fiberglass build up was necessary to get a reshaped follower.

Hopefully AGP is working on this. They treated everyone real well with the feed lip probelems. Too bad that they were run off of the board.

Factory mags will not fit in AGPs, and more than that, they canot be made to fit, although that would be a $100 fix with you throwing away mag body. 5 rounders are cheaper, but as I said, I have tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem in the cheapest possible fashion. Factory followers won't fit, not can they be reasonably made to fit. I tried that first. The AGPs have a unique body geometry, and a follower to match--that unfortunately needs to be modifiedas tit is currently made.

Gentlemen, remember that half the ammo snag problems result from the entire world's (literally) ammo we try to feed these Russian wonders. In addition to the AGP feed problems, remember that even with factory mags various ammo snags, topside or bottom, and even (with Winchester AA) in the middle between the two feed tangs. After a year of examining the problem, I have the perfect mod/fix for the gun itself too. I have the precise angles down to make the gun run virtually everything, but as I have said, S&B 3" 12 pellet 00 buck. Few autos will run that crappy stuff. Just a reminder. Thanks again, guys.

Edited by inparidel