Need folding stock for Saiga Rifle conversion

I suggest ya take a look in the picture thread tacked at the top of this section. Take a look at what looks good to you. The Economy options are a Romy Wire folder (no 922r points, no cheekweld, kinda short or needs a buttpad) or the TAPCO AK folder (longer, plastic, 922r points)

other ideas start getting more costly, like the ACE setup...or being slightly demented and putting and underfolder on it :angel:

I suggest ya take a look in the picture thread tacked at the top of this section. Take a look at what looks good to you. (no 922r points, no cheekweld, kinda short or needs a buttpad) or the TAPCO AK folder (longer, plastic, 922r points)
C'mon now, don't forget the Tapco T6 (coming soon to a Buick near you) stock. . .
I suggest ya take a look in the picture thread tacked at the top of this section. Take a look at what looks good to you. (no 922r points, no cheekweld, kinda short or needs a buttpad) or the TAPCO AK folder (longer, plastic, 922r points)
C'mon now, don't forget the Tapco T6 (coming soon to a Buick near you) stock. . .

OK...A picture is better than a thousand words.. :rolleyes:

I am looking for a folding stock similar to/or like this for my sagia conversion. I have not been able to locate them anywhere!...Can someone direct me to a web site where I can find this folding stock?

2re5on93yn7.jpg

2i9tmig2qv6.jpg

or this...

convertedsaiga0042uo5.jpg

Tromix are foldable, and the pictures your looking at are ACE stocks, I just ordered mine from Blackjack buffers...

and yes I forgot the the T-6...probably due to my personal ideas about how goofy it looks on an AK

Here bro get the ACE stock you are not going to be sorry

http://www.riflestocks.com/index2.htm

you can get the same stock a better price from this guy, but he dont have the new

style cut the tang internal receiver block, so dfar he only have the old style cut the tang

block, still works fine but dont cover the back of the receiver like the new one.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/

I will dont use the tapco stock unless I will be sending it to my enemies, but you get

what you pay for, quality is not cheap, must cheap stuff is not quality.

The ACE is not cheap but will take a leaking and keep on ticking, damn it really can take

brutal abuse and still be there like nothing happen.

Just my 2 cents worth of souvlaki with the white yogurt sauce.

Edited by vjor
I am looking at adding a folding stock to my Saiga 7.62x39 rifle when I make the conversion. What is a good folding stock to use that is not too uncomfortable to shoot and not break the bank? Thanks!

I'd suggest a romy folder. They are around $50. They lock open and closed and have a sling eye already attached. Works well with a single point harness. Only downside of them is that you can't lock them closed with a drum installed. Otherwise, very solid piece, not like most plastic ones that just dangle off the end of the gun.

and yes I forgot the the T-6...probably due to my personal ideas about how goofy it looks on an AK

I thought they looked goofy, too. Then I put one on one of my builds and something just "clicked". They DO make it nice for shooters of various stature to enjoy the rifle, as the LOP is adjustable.

Edited by nalioth
I am looking at adding a folding stock to my Saiga 7.62x39 rifle when I make the conversion. What is a good folding stock to use that is not too uncomfortable to shoot and not break the bank? Thanks!

I'd suggest a romy folder. They are around $50. They lock open and closed and have a sling eye already attached. Works well with a single point harness. Only downside of them is that you can't lock them closed with a drum installed. Otherwise, very solid piece, not like most plastic ones that just dangle off the end of the gun.

Where do I find the Romy folder? I am having a hard time justifing $150 plus for just the folding stock on the Saiga conversion. It appears I may have to save and get the best folder. The Tromix is a very durable looking folding stock. Does anyone who is a actual user of the Tromix folding stock have some imput/reviews on the product?

Where do I find the Romy folder? I am having a hard time justifing $150 plus for just the folding stock on the Saiga conversion. It appears I may have to save and get the best folder. The Tromix is a very durable looking folding stock. Does anyone who is a actual user of the Tromix folding stock have some imput/reviews on the product?

http://www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

If you get a Tapco folder make sure you have a steel folder pin. Mine had a plastic pin which broke the first time I took it out to the range. I called Tapco the next day and they sent me a steel pin and retainer which arrived by mid week. The price is better than other folder and it's 922r compliant. I saw ads for the ATI AK telescopic folding stock which looks nice, I don't know much about it but it's nice if you need the adjustable length feature.

What do you guys thinK of this stock? link to folding stock

I like the Tromix and the Ace folding stocks, but their prices are almost as much as the Saiga rifle cost me!

That large adapter block sort of takes away from the benefits of a folder. It's about 3 in long, yikes. Not much shorter than an ar telescoping stock.

That Falcon stock is almost as goofy looking as the no-conversion stock set. I'd definitely pass.

Have you thought about why you want a folding stock? Because it's cool? Because you're going to carry this in your truck? You may be making it harder on yourself than you need to. I put a folding, collapsible stock on my AK and now I wish I had just stuck with the collapsible. The folder isn't very practical for me - and the added expense was pretty significant.

If you can, I'd try shooting someone else's side folder before you plunk down your hard-earned pennies on one. They can be pretty hard on your shoulder. You might decide to go a different route.

Jim

Ok, one lingering question! The tang will need to be removed for the new folding stock to be installed. How are you guys cutting the tang off? What is the best way to removed the tang?

well for us basement/workbench warriors....Dremel-Fu :donatello: that motherin' tang right off.

Ok, one lingering question! The tang will need to be removed for the new folding stock to be installed. How are you guys cutting the tang off? What is the best way to removed the tang?
I've used a common hack saw on a few AKs when installing the ACE internal block.

I finished my conversion and I am very satified with the Tromix stock! My gun shoots perfectly! Many, Many, Thanks to the help/advice I received and the info on this website! I am one happy camper! :)

Before:

dscf0330je8.jpg

After:

dscf0342sk5.jpg

dscf0344tx6.jpg

dscf0345ok1.jpg

Edited by jbremount
  • 4 weeks later...

While I use a Tapco folder, ATI has a folder with a six position collapsible stock combo. I haven't tried it out but it looks interesting. It folds to the left of the rifle unlike the Tapco which folds to the right. They also have an upper rail hand guard and pistol grip which are US compliant. I have a URL for their web site: http://www.atigunstocks.com/products.aspx?...ory=51&id=2