ammo question

Wally World sells bulk .223 winchester@ 53.57 per 200 rd box in my area but my gun dents the brass on ejection so badly I hate to waste all the reloadable brass Karl

Yeah I buy the Remington stuff in the white and green box for $6.47 a box...

Since I can only buy ammo ATM, I've been getting a few boxes each payday...

try www.wisconsincartridge.com, their site was still for overhaul as this afternoon, but brass cased .223 FMJ is / was $250.00 per 1000, but you can order less. Shooting the wolf is NASTY, these are MUCH cleaner. I have noticed that the wolf shells do not have a consistant load, some boom, some pop, all of the brass cased from wisconsin are loaded evenly and I have never had any problems, plus you can re-load.

Just got 4 more of those waffle mags from Copes. One thing I just noticed is that with the safety engaged I can't rack the bolt back far enough to load a round into the breech. With the safety off it loads just fine. Is this intentional?

That is CORRECT!!

Ingenious Russian design... Cannot even LOAD the rifle with the safety on... That makes it EVEN SAFER!

Think about the reasoning... should it ALREADY BE loaded with the safety on and for some weird reason the rifle were to discharge, it would NOT be able to cycle and rechamber another round... creating a potentially dangerous condition with a full magazine attached... as they were originally designed to be F/A weapons when created.

:smoke:

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have any good sites for ordering .223 in volume? Say 3 to 600rds? It doesn't need to be premium match grade.

Try this link for current prices from multiple suppliers, listed by manufacturer/ammo type:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...16&t=318515

(It's also available on the 'Saiga .223 Important Topic' thread... ;>)

• 2 weeks later...
That is CORRECT!!

Ingenious Russian design... Cannot even LOAD the rifle with the safety on... That makes it EVEN SAFER!

:smoke:

That's not completely true (for some AKs, at least), but in the interest of "safety" (and avoiding accidental or negligent discharges ;>) let's assume it is...

;>)