Extended Front Sight & Rear Peep Sight

I found a US manufacturer that is making a Saiga 12 extended front sight (set screw/clamp on style) and a rear dove-tail "peep" sight for about $60.00 total.

The Front Sight looks identical to the Russian made version but lacks the bottom accessory rail like the one Acgeorge is working on. No word yet on what I really want: a Front Sight/Muzzle Brake combo.

I'm going to order one of his FS/RS prototypes tomorrow. Once I get it, I'll post a quick review :smoke:

KY,

I don't know if he'll sell just the front sight or if you must buy the front and rear sights as a "combo deal".

I'll speak to him tomorrow to see what the deal is.

These being prototype parts (not production parts), I don't know if he wants me to release his company name yet. I'll let you know tomorrow.

It's a dove tail system.

I removed the front portion of the sight rail assembly w/ a Dremel, then filed it flush. I couldn't get the adjustment wheel to unscrew from the gas tube (probably pressed/riveted in) so a Dremel was the next best thing.

Then, I knocked out the factory "dove-tailed" rear sight with a rubber mallet/brass punch.

The next step will be to "tap" the new rear "peep" sight in place with a Rubber mallet/brass punch.

No welding involved... :super:

• 2 weeks later...

Credit Card charged. I was expecting them to show up today... They didn't show up.

I'll call them in the morning to get more facts.

The front sight looks just like the Russian version.

Rear sight looks like a tapered flat base with a flush ring on top.

Pics will be coming within in minutes of receipt :zorro:

OOOoooohhhh ! I cant wait to see what they look like !!

I have everything ordered to complete my SWAT Saiga except for the iron sights. I just hope they look alomost as good as the "real" ones. Krebs doesnt make crap and you can take that to the bank :up:

www.prodiz.ru

Found this site,they have saiga sights. however they don,t answer e-mail. Maybe our russian friends can help, this appears to be a russian version of a gun store chain. They could shure make some money if they had aan english language website!

G O B

Sights didn't arrive. Maybe Monday ? :unsure:

Spoke with Krebs today. Mark said he made the first batch of sights from a Alum-Alloy (prototype ?), the second batch from steel.

I asked if he had any plans to manufacture a flash hider/muzzle brake (to go along with the sights). He said he has a prototype flash hider in testing, which is equipped with an internal choke system and picatinny rails. :batman: ___________________________________________________

Not sure how long it's going to be before it's available though.

Edited by hk4me

G O B

www.prodiz.ru answered my emails but it was hard to understand his englsh , i got a russian middle man to try to get those parts for me but he told me that under russian law in that area it is illegal to post these items abroad. my only options were to go to collect and arange shipping (like makc has) or my middle man would arange for me to collect from "eastern europe" lol

sounds real shady to me but my middle man is good , its just a shame he couldnt get these parts for me/us

all the best

assassin

Keep in mind, these are prototype sights.

The front sights kicks ass ! I highly recommend it !

The rear sight is really good, however, the metal is too soft. The metal at the base of the sight will slightly deform (and the finish will come off) during installation.

I'd wait and get the steel version of the rear sight when it comes out...

Krebs Front Sight:

http://www.tacticalslings.com/images/208_FRONT_SIGHT.jpg

Krebs Rear Sight:

http://www.tacticalslings.com/images/208_GHOSTRING.jpg

Sight Picture:

http://www.tacticalslings.com/images/208_SIGHT_PICTURE.jpg

My Saiga 12c (minus a flash hider):

http://www.tacticalslings.com/images/208_SAIGA_12C.jpg

Peace Out :super:

Those are SWEET! Any estimates on how much prototype testing there will be before we get some production stock? How do you press the rear site in/out?

That's great, I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be a bit less than $60. I'm going to check up with the Madsen Manufacturing guy soon and see if he'd be willing to do a run of Saiga 12 flash hiders.

I believe he has the first batch of the steel versions just about finished. Maybe in a week?

The flash hider should be something else to see. Can't wait ! :devil:

The rear sight is dovetailed in. That is to say, just use a mallet and a plastic, brass, or hard rubber drift punch to work it in. :cryss:

Edited by hk4me

I don't have a micrometer handy. I saw the figure of 0.888" Is that the typical OD of all the Saiga 12 barrels? I'm not sure if the ID is required to design a proper flash hider but if anyone can verify some measurements, I could pass it along to Madsen. He said he was busy moving and would be ready mid-late November at the latest. Maybe he finished early :D

Edited by Cesiumsponge

How do you like the mid-mounted ghost ring for fast acquisition? I've been turned off on mid-mount rear peep sights since they seem to be too far away to operate on the ghost ring principle and aren't really very fast. At least not with sights like the Mojo on the AK.

Does Krebs sell the fronts and rears separate? How secure is the front? Will it move if I bang it against something (or someone)?

Does it accept a standard AK windage drum?

1. Though they appear to be on the same sight plane, I'm not 100% sure that they are compatable, because I removed my sight rail assembly before I installed the new front sight post. You could make a fair assumption that the front sight is compatable with the existing rail system.

2. I found the Ghost Ring Sight to be a big help in speeding up target acquisition. I'd say it's twice as fast as the "AK" style bladed rear sight. Almost like using a "red dot" sight. Then again, in a "tactical scenario" (at distances of less than 10 yards), I probably wouldn't rely on the irons in any case. Not enough time. Just point and squeeze. The primary benefit of a shotgun ?

3. The front sight post appears to be adjustable via an AR15 style "4-prong" sight tool. Though, when I attemped to adjust the front sight this morning, I found that the front sight tool was too wide to fit between the front sight post hood/ears. I guess the AK "ears" are more narrow than AR15 style ears ? Maybe the tool is out of spec ?

4. I'm sure Krebs will sell the front (or rear) sight seperately. They came in two differently marked/seperate packages.

5. I'll take more detailed pics of the front site (and post them) in the next couple of days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. The front sight can be affixed in a very secure manner. It's unlikely that you'll bump them off center.

Edited by hk4me