Today is the day I say goodbye to my sweet doggie...

Man, that sucks, my wife and I send our deepest condolences. Take comfort knowing that every forum members dog will be getting extra spoiled for a while now.

A run through the happy hunting grounds will be much better than the slightest suffering in this world.

I feel for ya, man. This reminds me of a experience I had a few months ago.

I was doing some tree work for a lady. Real nice lady, very bubbly, probably late 30's or so, always doing something, you know the type. Well, the first day we were there, I met her dog, a real sweet collie/hound/something mix. I'm a real dog person, and I thought, What a nice old dog. Well, that afternoon, she took it over to the vet for an exam. Something about arthritis I think, and came back and in conversation, she mentioned that she might have to put him down, but seemed to brush it off as a "one day" decision. I didn't think much of it until the next day, she again left with the dog and came back without him and then sat in the van for probably ten minutes before coming out to "face" us. It was obvious she'd been crying, but was trying to be cheerful for "the tree guys", since it wasn't our problem. It just about made me cry, just seeing how strong she was being about it, and how much she loved her dog. I'd kinda written her off as not my type, but that moment, she jumped ten-fold in my respect. She's married, but had she not, she would have been put on my list of ladies I'd like to get to know better, even though she was easily 10 years my senior. I naturally conveyed my condolences, but it was a real eye-opener, and got me thinking about if/when I have to do that for my dog.

Sincerely,

Acer

theta3.jpg

299749276_12e0b01187_b.jpg

Today I have to put down the best friend I've ever had, my Sheena dog. Her cancer has spread to her lungs and her jaw and she is suffering now and it's time. I have never met a more dignified and intelligent dog than her. If you all could do me a favor today and give your dogs an extra smooch today. Please remember to cherish every moment you have with them because this day always comes too soon. This is how I'll try to remember her...

I know what you are feeling. If you look at my profile page I have a picture of my friend Quinci. He was a 105 lb german shepherd that was my partner for 6 years. He worked with me and went everywhere I went. I was known as Quinci's partner. He was very popular in the area I worked. He was determined to befriend everyone he came across. He would also change into protecter and agressor with one word. In the picture he is carring a 15 pound bowling ball (his favorite toy). He died two years ago and I still miss him. He saved my hide on more than one occasion and I'll never forget him. After he died I transferred out of the K-9 unit. It would not have been fair for another dog to try and replace my lost friend.

Dogs. Kick. Ass. I lost the best one that ever lived 2 years ago. He had the best personality of any living creature that ever lived. I'm not exaggerating, he was the coolest animal that ever lived.

I say you get yourself a rescue or something as soon as possible. I've met very few dogs that weren't deserving of a home, and all that weren't were raised badly. Besides, a new friend is always a good thing.

Hello, DaGroaner and all...

The posts about folks' rescue doggers and the positive comments about helping homeless dogs and rescue organizations are very uplifting to me, I would be surprised if they don't do the same for DaGroaner.

Good'on y'all for showing such compassion...Not what one might expect from a typical gun list, but no less than what I might expect from this list.

I would like to offer that Sheena would be smiling from the Happy Hunting Grounds if she knew a needy dogger was helping to soothe DaGroaner's sadness.

Not taking "her" place, but slowly establishing their own place in his home and heart.

-Kind of a "silver lining", the circle keeps turning.....

With much admiration,

guido2 in Houston

Hello, DaGroaner and all...

The posts about folks' rescue doggers and the positive comments about helping homeless dogs and rescue organizations are very uplifting to me, I would be surprised if they don't do the same for DaGroaner.

Good'on y'all for showing such compassion...Not what one might expect from a typical gun list, but no less than what I might expect from this list.

I would like to offer that Sheena would be smiling from the Happy Hunting Grounds if she knew a needy dogger was helping to soothe DaGroaner's sadness.

Not taking "her" place, but slowly establishing their own place in his home and heart.

-Kind of a "silver lining", the circle keeps turning.....

With much admiration,

guido2 in Houston

Wow, you people are just amazing. I am moved beyond words. Thanks everyone... that goes twice for you guido. ;) Thanks. I think I'll be keeping my Ridgie/Dobie mix foster dog. She thinks I hang the moon and really wants to be my dog so I think I'll go ahead and keep her. She lost her human to cancer and almost starved to death afterwards until some neighbors realized that the guy wasn't around and there was no one feeding her and got her rescued. We both lost our companions to the same disease so maybe it was just meant to be. Thanks again everyone. You're the best.

Truly humbled,

DaGroaner

DaGroaner, you have my deepest sympathies but know that Guido2 is correct. You gave her a great home and life and you are able to bear what she could not. Samson gets a little extra lovin' today.

IMG_1987.JPG

samson doesnt look exactly like a lapdog, but neither did mine, i guess....LOL nice picture

Lap Dogs are just bigger in Texas!

I think I'll be keeping my Ridgie/Dobie mix foster dog. She thinks I hang the moon and really wants to be my dog so I think I'll go ahead and keep her. She lost her human to cancer and almost starved to death afterwards until some neighbors realized that the guy wasn't around and there was no one feeding her and got her rescued. We both lost our companions to the same disease so maybe it was just meant to be. Thanks again everyone. You're the best.

Truly humbled,

DaGroaner

That is nice.

My poinitng lab just turned 6, my daughter is 12. I almost lost my daughter 3 years ago and there will be some life long issues tied to that event BUT point is we are still here today. So I finally got off my ass and found out what it would take to get my bird dog set up as a certifed therapy dog so we can all give back to the hospital that saved my daughter.

Turns out, with tweaking on one issue, she can pass the test now. Then there are all the things she can do that are not part of the certification. You guys sound like a natural team for it. Maybe not, but why not find out? Be glad to help out. Lets face it, people like our dogs more then they like us.

FYI I raised a lot of money in years past for the Children's hospital that saved my daughter. I never imagined I would be a parent standing in the ICU with my kid on a ventilator. Sometimes life goes full circle. If I was rich I would give money but truth is our time is more valuable.

Dogs know how to make life fun and fun out of work!

post-2484-1193844675_thumb.jpg

post-2484-1193844685_thumb.jpg