Stock options

Folding rifle stocks, not Wall Street stocks!

Tromix: Aesthetically I like the look for the Tromix stock with limbsaver. Down side is that it's not adjustable, and might not be available until 2020 (or sometime after 2009).

Stocks.jpg

Ace m4 SOCOM: I also like the look of the Ace m4 SOCOM, but have seen some negative posts about them on other forums. At seems with the 458 and Beowulf the adjustable Ace M4 SOCOM tends to break, collapse, and no longer adjust. Apparently there's an old version and a new version... and the old version was great while the new version has problems. Any thoughts on this issue?

http://458socomforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...asc&start=0

http://www.50beowulf.com/bboard/showthread.php?t=455

Ace_m4socom_long.jpg

Tapco: Looks fugly imho. Does it function ok?

tapaksdfld.jpg

Other options: No idea! What are the other options for a rock solid folding stock? Ideally one that can take a limbsaver or other recoil pad.

Also, any idea if a folding stock, when folded, will interfer with using a 20 rnd drum mag?

Edited by John_pro2a

I'm wondering the same thing.

Left thinking of ACE receiver block, folding mechanism with CAR adaptor and Magpul CTR stock with mil spec tube.....

Course that is like 235 bucks even without shipping.

I want an adjustable folder for my 308 and eventually one for the S12 but I just can't see dropping 500 bucks on it for both of them.

There is the ATI adjustable folder but it is kinda fugly.

AKA3600_01_medium.jpg

I have an adjustable Tapco on my 308 now, my only problem is it rattles, but is otherwise fine.

I've got the M4 on my S-308, and I haven't noticed anything other than being a tiny bit stuck after 150 rounds or so. I got it at a fun show about 3 months ago. Not sure if it's the new or old design, but it's solid. I like it.

Acer

Hello

Have an Ace SOCOM on my 1st S12 and my S.308, I acknowledge neither one is a .458 or a Beowolf, but they seem nothing short of awesome to me. I like the fit, feel, and adjustability, and frankly, can't imagine breaking any part of these stocks.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Personally I like the Ace folder on a shorty and the Tromix/Lage on a full size gun. Just aesthetics, nothing more. The Ace has a lighter look to it that complements the small gun.

Although I dont care for the look of an AR stock on an AK, the SoCom is the best looking and a very robust design.

JeauxE's latest gun has the Spas-12 stock with an Ace hinge, done by Tony of course. It's a little extravagant (I mean expensive) but looks badass...

av-3950.jpg

The Tapco folder (galil style) sucks, its flexy and just cheap feelin. You could also do the AK-74/100 sidefolder, but you'd need some gunsmithing work to get it mounted.

Is that one of these?

d_876.jpg

ak007BFS.jpg

I like the lower one of these.

Hello

I think for a folder, I prefer the "open" style stock, with no lower tube. Seems to interfere much less with the mechanism and with the "lines" of the weapon.

If you aren't sold on the SOCOM model, Ace has the "lite" model with a single top tube that seems to fit the S12 well. Folded it doesn't cover anything critical.

It's not adjustable like the SOCOM.

JMHO....

guido2 in Houston

I chose to go with the Tapco stock, because I wanted to get the conversion done quickly and the stock was available fast and cheap. Now that the conversion is done I have the luxury of time to consider what I really want to do with it (I'm considering going with the BIIIIG RPK look). The Tapco stock doesn't seem to flex much to me, but it sure isn't very ergonomic, and that buttplate is HARD-- I need to either find a pad for it, or replace it quickly. Still, it's getting the job done for the time being.

ETA: The Lage stock, a/k/a the Tromix folder (bottom one in the photo) is also very tempting-- are they really twelve years out??

Edited by Ductapeman

The adjustable SOCOM does look dang cool. Tempting, even though they might have problems:

saigastock2.jpg

saigsstock3.jpg

Here's one that has the old MAGPUL CTR adjustable stock, which got me thinking:

sagiastock.jpg

Would it be possibe to put the new MAGPUL UBR stock on as a folder? Any ideas on how well that stock would work?

saigamagpul.jpg

ETA: The Lage stock, a/k/a the Tromix folder (bottom one in the photo) is also very tempting-- are they really twelve years out??

If Tony has them in stock, he will send you one. Send him an email, the link's in my sigline.