Did I reassemble correctly?

I cleaned my saiga via help of the english pdf manual.

My question is did I put the bolt back in correctly? Not the bolt holder but the bolt itself.

I seem to remember the claws rotating but now only the piece behind the claws on the bolt is rotating. So are the claws suppost to rotate?

I threw some snap caps threw and they seemed to work but I'm worried about the shells ejecting correctly. With the snap caps I have to throw the bolt back manually fast to simulate ejecting the shell after shooting or they won't eject properly.

Everything seems to fit together right...

your gun is new? the action is still tight. it takes a little effort.

my s12 after over ten thousand rounds, the action is like silk. dont expect this from a brand new one. fire one good quality case of skeet rounds down it, and it should break in nice, just like a new car or truck motor.

the action WONT cycle if you put it back together wrong, let alone go back together at all.

you got it right. the front half of the bolt itself DOES NOT move. the middle part of it does.

ak's are scary at first arent they? :) (dont tell anyone, every time I fire a new AK action for the first time, I do so away from my face)

my s12 after over ten thousand rounds, the action is like silk. dont expect this from a brand new one. fire one good quality case of skeet rounds down it, and it should break in nice, just like a new car or truck motor.

the action WONT cycle if you put it back together wrong, let alone go back together at all.

you got it right. the front half of the bolt itself DOES NOT move. the middle part of it does.

ak's are scary at first arent they? :) (dont tell anyone, every time I fire a new AK action for the first time, I do so away from my face)

+1 These guns are idiot proof. If you reassemble it incorrectly it ain't goin back together. Notice the groove in the bolt has to go over that thin metal lip as it moves foreward. If the bolt is put in wrong it will not close enough to put it back together. Good job on the first try. Most first timers argue with their gun for quite a while before getting back in working order.

I always held my Mausers and Mosin Nagants away from my face on the first shot, even though I had checked the headspace. It only takes once to really make for a bad day.

seriously.

I just scrubbed my s12 through and through like you would do your AR fully, for the first time in 2 years....for real.

this is the reason why it was today:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=20773&hl=

I wouldnt have cleaned it how I did today for another year, to be honest, nor my SAR.

My cleaning is usually a field strip and blast with gun scrubber, followed with a blasting of wd40, followed in turn with oil drops on key points. and then a ragged oil wipedown. thats what I do a couple of times a year. today was the second time I really took the s12 apart and really cleaned the shit out of it, even though it wasnt bad, becasue of the above, SINCE IVE OWNED IT. I bought it in 2003. roughly when I joined this forum. I had another that I did a few things to and sold, and didnt know what I was thinking, and had to find the one that I have now.

your ar15 WONT do that. period. great gun, but its a different gun.

to be honest, I shoot every NEW gun from the hip once or twice, while staring at the gun itself, in a safe manner. to check it.

Not a bad idea. I know when I got my S 12 I slapped some ammo in it and fired away. I will keep your practice in mind when I get my next weapon.