Wow! I like! Now, if I wanted a tricked out (as in military looking) this would be one to really consider. Wouldn't get one, though, even if I could afford one -- if the local constabulary saw me come out of the house with one of those I figger eventually one of them would be laying across the hood of his squad car with his weapon drawn and aimed and already called in for backup!

Went to one of the sites that advertise them. True -- they only digest the shorter, standard .410 round but they are claiming 700 meters per second. Folks, that's over 2200 fps! Anyone out there believe that?

Me? I'll stick with my subtly modified S-410. No, it ain't sexy. Still looks like a hunting weapon but it's accurate, very accurate. And even with the mods, it didn't cost any 1200 Euros! Yup. The Safir T-14 would be possibly quicker to get on target and maybe easier to hold on target during rapid fire (both because of the lighter weight and the M-16 pistol grip but I am happy with my S-410.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well I turned over 1500 rounds on my Safir T14 today. While at the range, turning lots of heads, I managed to shoot 48 out of 50 birds using remington 8shot nitro clay rounds. I was at the rifle range with slugs first, still need work on sighting the slugs in. I was using winchester 1/5 ounce slugs and with limited experience shooting AR style rifles was able to get decent groupings at 50yds but nothing special. The gun itself worked perfectly but the front sight which is held in place by an allen screw came loose enough to allow the plastic pieces to snap apart a bit. An easy fix with the allen wrench provided. I don't know if I did not get it tight enough after cleaning or if this is something that is going to be an issue. I am still very impressed with the ease at which I can acquire a target with it although it does take longer than conventional shotgun sights.

Begining to feel sorry for the doves.

• 1 month later...
well I turned over 1500 rounds on my Safir T14 today. While at the range, turning lots of heads, I managed to shoot 48 out of 50 birds using remington 8shot nitro clay rounds. I was at the rifle range with slugs first, still need work on sighting the slugs in. I was using winchester 1/5 ounce slugs and with limited experience shooting AR style rifles was able to get decent groupings at 50yds but nothing special. The gun itself worked perfectly but the front sight which is held in place by an allen screw came loose enough to allow the plastic pieces to snap apart a bit. An easy fix with the allen wrench provided. I don't know if I did not get it tight enough after cleaning or if this is something that is going to be an issue. I am still very impressed with the ease at which I can acquire a target with it although it does take longer than conventional shotgun sights.

Hi glad that you liked your T 14.

As I wrote in my presentation one and a half year ago, T 14 does not really make any sense in terms of ballistics or finance. It's just for people who live in Turkey or some other banana country where fundamental freedoms are not enjoyed. I noticed your magazine, probably a five rounder I guess, now Safir offers a 15 rounder made out of plastic with reinforcing ribs along the sides. How much did you buy your T 14 ? In Europe they go for 1100-1200E, an AR 15 clone in .223 goes for around 1800-2000 E ridiculous prices!

Hi glad that you liked your T 14.

As I wrote in my presentation one and a half year ago, T 14 does not really make any sense in terms of ballistics or finance. It's just for people who live in Turkey or some other banana country where fundamental freedoms are not enjoyed. I noticed your magazine, probably a five rounder I guess, now Safir offers a 15 rounder made out of plastic with reinforcing ribs along the sides. How much did you buy your T 14 ? In Europe they go for 1100-1200E, an AR 15 clone in .223 goes for around 1800-2000 E ridiculous prices!

By the time I paid shipping and transfer fees the total cost was $1K, about average for a specialty AR in my area of the world. I have been waiting patiently for the 15 or even 10 round magazines to show up here. I keep contacting ATI about availability and they are still waiting for them to arrive. The expected date is now mid May. I am now well over the 2000 round mark with my T14 and still no real signs of problems. The only noticeable issue was the front sight. I put a small detent for the sight screw to lock into so that resighting is not necessary after each cleaning. Several of my friends that have shot skeet with my Safir are now in the market for one. I am still waiting to see the game wardens face when bird season comes around, should be worth every penny I paid for the shotgun.

One of the toughest things about the T14 so far is keeping it away from my wife. She likes the lightweight frame and ease to shoot, even more than my Saiga 410. I am talking to a machinist friend of mine about spinning up a choke for it that looks similar to the flash suppressor, would be nice to have at least a modified choke if not full choke. If polychoke ever gets their 410 choke system to work properly maybe a poly for the Saiga and the Safir would be in order.

Well the front sight is borrowed I think from some air soft gun as it is just plastic, not steel reinforced inside, no aluminum. The two protruding lips can break off very easily, as they did in one of the guns I was testing. Good thing is one can buy a chinese air soft spare and put it in place ! The gun is not gas assisted as the real AR -15 so it doesn't really matter. I have to say that the bolt, using a AR 15 carrier, is rather heavy for the plain .410. That is the cause of the malfunctions with the Safir. I m surprised you didn't have any. In hot weather T 14 behaves flawlessly but in the cold, volume of the expanding gases is less which causes several malfunctions. To be honest I never tried the gun with anything but slugs. Since the subjects in Turkey cannot legally own a rifled weapon, another Turkish company is experimenting with a 12gauge AR-15 type prototype. However to my point of understanding mechanism differs considerably from an AR 15.

I am begining to think that the warmer/dryer climate here is a big advantage to the shooting sports. Neither I or my friends seem to have the problems with cetain types of firearms that others just don't seem to be able to get to work.

I am not as big a fan of the 12 gauge so more than likely would pass on an AR variant in 12gauge. The curiosity of the Safir T14 just seem to strike my fancy. I have been pleasantly surprised with its performance and hopefully will be able to come up with a choke for it. Oh yeah and some mags that hold a few more rounds would be nice.

• 2 months later...
COOL Joe thanks for the write up. Neat weapon! Probably the only one I'll ever see but thanks for sharing.

Now ya got me thinking about modding M-16 mags for use in the S-410 :smoke: hmmmmmmm

Hmm. An MSA magwell and a Bushmaster .450 follower... Diameter is almost the same...

• 3 weeks later...