krink type brake?

• 1 month later...

What your not seeing is the cone in that 4 peice Bulgarian flash hider. Even if you could somehow mate the threads, the hole in the cone are for 7.62 (best case sonerio). Your looking at $90 worth of scrap, and no benefit over Cyl bore if you cut the cone out or remove it.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm looking fir something I can replace my shark brake with. A krink type with the correct threads. Anybody know what will work? Where to find it?

Why do you not like the shark brake?

It throws plastic to the shooters on the right and left. The blast from it sucks.

• 5 months later...
Which krink type?

KR-009B.jpg

bottom

where do you get it?

Anyone else?

I am having someone make one. It will be threaded to M22 x .75. It will be one piece, not 4. I am not looking for back pressure, I am just looking for a cone to send the blast/flash/noise forward. The cone muzzle devices are reported VERY effective in this role on short barreled AR's. I am still fooling with length, angle, and outside diameter.

I am having someone make one. It will be threaded to M22 x .75. It will be one piece, not 4. I am not looking for back pressure, I am just looking for a cone to send the blast/flash/noise forward. The cone muzzle devices are reported VERY effective in this role on short barreled AR's. I am still fooling with length, angle, and outside diameter.

What are you using for the body, a soup can? The 5,45 and 7,62 brakes are enormous. Scaling it up to work with an S-12 ought to be interesting. Post some pics when you get it done.

What are you using for the body, a soup can? The 5,45 and 7,62 brakes are enormous. Scaling it up to work with an S-12 ought to be interesting. Post some pics when you get it done.

Will do. I'm going to try to do some photoshop type mock ups to help decide on the exact length and diameter. I'd welcome anyone with any PS skill to help with a scaled up version on a Tromix S17.

glock shooter might be on to something,with that style of krink hider/break,except I would machine it with ar 15 type slots and not have it step down in size at the barrel

I like the step down. Does anyone know off hand wow long the threaded portion of an S12 barrel is? Both my S12 and thread protector are off at Tromix right now.

As to the AR 15 slots, tat would let gas out the sides. the whole point is to divert everything forwards.

I think the longer ones look more balanced, and more like a scaled up version of a Bulgy Krink, but if all I'm looking for is a cone, the shorter one may be better. We will have to see.