Tromix engraving?

Are ALL the guns Tony does for Atlantic Firearms engraved with the TROMIX name?

BobAsh told me not long ago that only the SBSs and SBRs that Tony makes (and likely any Title II weapons as well) have the TROMIX name and company location engraved in their lower receivers.... but I could be wrong. Then again, I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase an AR-15 type rifle from Tony and it has the TROMIX name on its lower (ergo, the rifle is referred to as a "TR-15").

It was my understanding from BobAsh that engraving every Saiga rifle or shotgun that comes out of Tony's shop is simply not cost effective. Routinely, Tony only engraves his company name on those firearm-types which the law requires.

Such is my knowledge on the topic anyway. I'm sure BobAsh or Tony will jump in here sometime within the next day or two and answer your question directly.

Edited by Gary

I don't believe ANY of them are engraved with the TROMIX name that aren't SBR or SBS................

..........but if you have a TROMIX gun, there's absolutely no mistaking them as being TROMIX !!!!

Gary,

The TR-15's have TROMIX on them because they're a TROMIX manufactured weapon (not a conversion of some other brand)!!

.......and they are really sweet, aren't they????

post-3950-1200244024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E
Gary,

The TR-15's have TROMIX on them because they're a TROMIX manufactured weapon (not a conversion of some other brand)!!

.......and they are really sweet, aren't they????

post-3950-1200244024_thumb.jpg

Are they SWEET??????!!!!!!!!!!! (Like, do I hear a big "DUH!!!")... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seriously though, excluding this weekend, I've taken my TR-15 out to the Fort Lewis MWR Range for the past three weekends, and have ALWAYS had a few guys walk up to me and ask me about it. Then again.... It looks a little different than when I purchased it from Tony. I added a Versa-pod bipod, a JP Enterprise 'Recoil Eliminator' muzzle break, MagPul MIAD enhanced trigger guard, and a few other goodies to include an ATN 10x65Z-A mil-dot scope. To convey that it's a joy to shoot and engage targets at 300 yards is a huge understatement! Hell, I had to go buy a friggen Celestron Mak90 spotting scope just to see where on the target I was grouping out at 300 yards.... :super:

I think I need to perform another "photo op" of my TROMIX TR-15 out at the range, whadda think?

Tony -

The blue book of gun values has you listed. How should it read? maybe thats a good letter to take the time to write up and send off?

...with all due respect -

.ps. - edit - oh, by the way, do you still have any AR lowers availible? : )

Edited by Bvamp
Gary,

You don't have those pics up yet?????? Show it off !!!

Well... perhaps I could get a few photos up tomorrow evening. But they wouldn't be at the Firing Range like I'd prefer. Nonetheless...

I think tomorrow it shall be (photos out at the range will just have to wait).

If I was lucky enough to get a Tromix gun, you can bet I'd be paying extra to have the name put on it!

Jake

Jake, it's interesting to me that you should say that, because months ago such were my thoughts as well.

As a matter of fact (unbeknownst to Tony at the present time), when he gets around to my build number on his reservation list, I'm going to have him do that very thing; pay extra to have the S-12 engraved with his TROMIX moniker.

I'm just kind of..... silly that 'o way.

I tend to believe that 10 to 20 years down the road, any firearm with the "TROMIX" engraving will be worth more, than sans not.

:super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super:

Of course, I suppose Tony could always tell me to "go pound sand Buddy!" :eek:

I think most guys just keep their reciept and order info- provenance - to establish the identity of their guns.

No kidding? Is THAT how it works Bob??? Keeping the receipt and all.

WTF do you take me for anyway? A damned moron or something!!!!!!!!!!!.... :lolol: .... :lolol: .... :lolol: ........ :haha:

What I'm refering to is purely "mark recognition" my man. Not everyone is willing to pay a little extra.... for something that does absolutely NOTHING toward improving an item's performance characteristics, but is purely "cosmetic" and represents the artisian's and/or craftsman's symbol/mark/signature.

I suppose this could easily enough fall into the category of "valley bitch'n" the gun out.... but I personally do not feel or view it in that way. :haha:

Edited by Gary
Gary,

It does much more then "nothing" to have your gun engraved "Tromix".

It reduces the gun's weight making it swing faster from target to target. :rolleyes:

what the engraving isn't required for the super secret Tromix club? :haha:

If I would of been able to send my gun to Tony, I'd want it stamped. Its more of a pride/advertising thing

No kidding? Is THAT how it works Bob??? Keeping the receipt and all.

WTF do you take me for anyway? A damned moron or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, time to switch to decaf.

Edited by BobAsh
I dont think I have any paperwork for any of my guns other than the blue Armalite warrenty thingys.

That shit usuialy go's in the trash as soon as I get home, along with all the other useless crap like fired shell caseings....

A TD and Vollmer marked HK11-21 etc is worth a bit more . My 21 with E mods built by TSC machine is worth more than say a Special weapons 21.

So, quality builds go a long way in a market of The good The bad and The ugly builders, ie Special Weapons.(Blind man welding)

Keep your receipts for stolen guns and sold guns. You never know what A hole down the line will get your weapon.(the 4473 will locate you)

Edited by nib
I dont think I have any paperwork for any of my guns other than the blue Armalite warrenty thingys.

That shit usuialy go's in the trash as soon as I get home, along with all the other useless crap like fired shell caseings....

If another ban similar to the AWB goes into effect it might be a good idea to have records not just for the guns but for just about every accessory you buy for them. You never know what might be illegal in the future, and its perfectly possible that you may someday be asked to prove when you purchased the items. For example: Say you purchase a flash suppressor and later on a ban goes into effect; can you prove that you purchased/installed the item before the ban? (Anyone read Molon Labe?) I'm not saying tht will happen for sure, I'm just saying it might be a good idea to keep some kind of records or reciepts. I personally keep every piece of paper for every firearm related item I purchase. Crazy? Maybe. Safe? For sure.