Not sure about how to explain this but here goes. I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser for everything. I'm registered on maybe 10-15 gun websites, Saiga-12 is one of them. I also use Internet Explorer once in awhile but not very often

About2 mos ago all of a sudden i could'nt post a reply to a classified ad on the saiga forum. I tried everything and it would not let me post and still won't. I can't post on any saiga forum , none of them.

When i attempt to post it asks me to log in. I do and it says i've successfully logged in but as soon as i go to a forum it does'nt acknowledge my user name at the top left of the page and no control panel. The only way i can access the site like right now is if i use Internet Explorer.

Saiga-12 is the only site i have this problem with. Every other site is still normal. I sure would appreciate some help from one of you computer whiz's or gurus out there cuz its a pain in the ass to have to switch over to IE everytime i want to cruise the Saiga site.

Did i mention that i still get Email notifications to the for sale forum and some other threads that i subscribed to before this started?

Not sure about how to explain this but here goes. I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser for everything. I'm registered on maybe 10-15 gun websites, Saiga-12 is one of them. I also use Internet Explorer once in awhile but not very often

About2 mos ago all of a sudden i could'nt post a reply to a classified ad on the saiga forum. I tried everything and it would not let me post and still won't. I can't post on any saiga forum , none of them.

When i attempt to post it asks me to log in. I do and it says i've successfully logged in but as soon as i go to a forum it does'nt acknowledge my user name at the top left of the page and no control panel. The only way i can access the site like right now is if i use Internet Explorer.

Saiga-12 is the only site i have this problem with. Every other site is still normal. I sure would appreciate some help from one of you computer whiz's or gurus out there cuz its a pain in the ass to have to switch over to IE everytime i want to cruise the Saiga site.

Did i mention that i still get Email notifications to the for sale forum and some other threads that i subscribed to before this started?

This is what i get when i click on Reply.................

This menu has been disabled

> forum.Saiga-12.com

> Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Your posting permissions have been removed

You are not logged in, you may log in below

Your account username

Your account password

Useful Links

* Forgotten Password Recovery

* Register a new account

* Our help documentation

* Contact the forums administrator

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had this same problem.

I changed browsers and the problem was not replicated.

I have one browser open just for this forum.

My regular browser works fine for all other tasks.

Sounds like the same thing. After i log in it seems like i'm still being viewed as a guest...............

Pretty aggravating

I have had this same problem.

I changed browsers and the problem was not replicated.

I have one browser open just for this forum.

My regular browser works fine for all other tasks.

Sounds like the same thing. After i log in it seems like i'm still being viewed as a guest...............

Pretty aggravating

Tell me about it...been there done that...lol

In Firefox go into Tools>Options>Security and click on show passwords. If you see one for the saiga site delete it and try logging in again.

If that doesn't work download the IE Tab addon and it will let you open new tabs in an IE explorer tab. That's kludgy but at least you're still only running firefox.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have cookies blocked? Since Firefox worked at one point, I'm guessing you don't, but try and check it.

You can also try and delete the Saiga-12 cookies, that sometimes works. Go to Tools>options>security tab>show cookies. New cookies will be reinstalled when you try to login again.

Mozilla has never given me any problem, only problem I have had is the fricking ISP errors, had a bunch last week

Shhhh! You're supposed to whisper when you talk about them. Or they'll hear you and come back.

Edited by Racegal20
I thought I had stumbled on something good with that password tip. One of my boards, bersatalk.com, will act like it logs me in but everytime I try to post it asks me to login so I can't post. Weird.

That's exactly what i'm going thru. I think it's from a recent update on either my server or Saiga-12's. It only happens on Saiga-12. My last post with using Mozilla was Nov.22 . Sure wish someone could figger it out................

I used to have that same problem (and I'm a certified computer tech by profession) and it was boggling my mind. One day IE just stopped working for the saiga boards, so I swtiched to Firefox. Worked for a while, then it stopped. Opera never work right. All on the same computer. My other computers were just fine. I reformatted that macine and all is well now. Still not sure what was causing it. All other websites were fine. Eh.

I will see in the next days when I have time, to try to replicate the problem. Makc probably does not have the time to even read this thread, let alone figure out what the problem is.

I only have limited access to the board now (as much as the rest of you), but I will see what I can figure out.

Running like hell from the IT world shouldnt mean not trying to help you guys out here with stuff like this, if I can.

what winblows version and IE version are you using? are there any toolbars installed, running or not, in your IE?

have you cleared any spyware around the time that this started, or used any registry cleaners?

what anti-virus do you use, and do you have an aftermarket firewall installed, or do you just use window's firewall?

Edited by Bvamp
what winblows version and IE version are you using? are there any toolbars installed, running or not, in your IE?

Ubuntu linux 7.10 Browser name is "Galeon" What's a toolbar?

have you cleared any spyware around the time that this started, or used any registry cleaners?

Don't have any spyware or registry to clean

what anti-virus do you use, and do you have an aftermarket firewall installed, or do you just use window's firewall?
Don't use an antivirus or firewall.

Yes, I've cleared my cookies, I've even gone so far as to remove the whole mozilla/galeon/settings/ directory that holds all the info and starting fresh. The problem persisted past that.

This isn't just a windows issue, it's cross-platform.

well, I dont have any linux builds to install, so I wont be setting up a spare machine with that, then, to cause a duplicate problem.

nalioth, are you using a router or wireless adapter to connect? how about you others...what one(s)?

what type of connect do you guys have, dialup, dsl, cable, or satellite.

well, I dont have any linux builds to install, so I wont be setting up a spare machine with that, then, to cause a duplicate problem.

nalioth, are you using a router or wireless adapter to connect? how about you others...what one(s)?

what type of connect do you guys have, dialup, dsl, cable, or satellite.

The point is: it's not just a windows/firefox issue.

I connect via aDSL modem and a router. I don't use wireless, just cat5 cabling.

Well , yesterday was pretty interesting. I tried to post some of the info that Bvamp requested and everytime i tried to access the site i got the ISP error page and could not access even using IE which i'm on right now.

That's the first time i've ever got it and it was with IE and Mozilla. Could'nt get thru till now.

Anyway................ Bvamp, i'm not much of a computer whiz but tried to get some of the info you requested.

I have Windows XP version 5.1.2600 Serv.pack 2.0

Internet Explorer version 7.0

Have not cleared any spyware or used any registry cleaners

I use AVG Free edition 7.5 and Windows Defender version 1.24.5611.0

I think i have Windows firewall

That's about all i can give you , hope it helps, as of right now everything is the same. When i log in with Mozilla it pops a window up that says i have logged in as loner42 and then goes to the page i had bookmarked and shows" welcome guest" at the top of the page, so it is not recognizing me as being registered.

Would it be possible to register all over again using my same user name but maybe use all upper case letters and change a few letters or numbers in my password. Do you think it would make any difference or be worth trying?

Hope you can figure this shit out........................

Thanks

PS i'm on DSL and am upgrading to 6.0 , which is supposed to activate today.........

Edited by loner42
I tried to post some of the info that Bvamp requested and everytime i tried to access the site i got the ISP error page and could not access even using IE which i'm on right now.

That's because the ISP errors are server side and possibly a sign of too many guests lurking at once. . . .

I tried to post some of the info that Bvamp requested and everytime i tried to access the site i got the ISP error page and could not access even using IE which i'm on right now.

That's because the ISP errors are server side and possibly a sign of too many guests lurking at once. . . .

Y'all talking about the IPS demon?

Yeah, but if you call it, it will come :D

Yeah, but if you call it, it will come :D

That's why I wrote it really small!!!

Im wondering if its linked to when an IPS driver error happens, while you are in mid-login, it writes garbage into a cookie on you.

I see you are both on DSL as well. It is possible that your IP is released to another one, and the cookie you have set for s-12 dot com has the old IP in it, or that your arp table is bad.

thing is, if either were the case, it should happen with at least one other site, I would think.....

its hard to figure it out when I cant replicate the issue on my end, I know that much.

what the IPS driver errors are, are domain name resolution errors on the host end. this causes the sql server to not know where to go, and blipity blahbity blue, IPS driver error.

If you are goipng by a bookmark here, try doing this loner -

type http://forum.saiga-12.com into your URL bar, hit enter

if you are logged in already, or it thinks that you are, click sign out. (in mozilla, that is).

go to tools ---> clear private data

CLOSE firefox.

OPEN firefox

go to tools ---> clear private data AGAIN

CLOSE it again

OPEN it

MANUALLY TYPE IN http://forum.saiga-12.com

DO NOT use the login on the front page, but rather click on "login" without changing the guest info

it will say error, and ask for user name and password

type it in.

see what that does. Maybe you have it bookmarked with a session loaded that has long since expired.

the reason I ask you to open and close and clear your data twice like that, is to be sure it clears out.

now nalioth, lets see if this works for loner first. it may be a similar issue for you, but in the linux format/whatever.

try that and see what happens, how I asked you to, just to eliminate any error.

Bvamp, just tried it on Mozilla and it never would load the page. It's seems to just be one thing after another with this. I cleared all my cookies the other day and that did'nt help.

What about reregistering:

Would it be possible to register all over again using my same user name but maybe use all upper case letters and change a few letters or numbers in my password. Do you think it would make any difference or be worth trying?

I'll try your idea tomorrow, givin it up for now......................

Thanks