Inexpensive beryl rail arrives

This is the Rocker rail that has been being talked about. Looks like it's finally arrived. It's a beryl style rail that won't destroy your wallet in its acquisition.

wsb486x373cimg531028larjq7.jpg

http://www.stubbygear.com/product.asp?productid=422718

That and an Ultimak rail wil give you plenty of space to mount your gizmos. It'll work on factory Saigas, too.

Edited by nalioth
This is the Rocker rail that has been being talked about. Looks like it's finally arrived. It's a beryl style rail that won't destroy your wallet in its acquisition.

wsb486x373cimg531028larjq7.jpg

http://www.stubbygear.com/product.asp?productid=422718

That and an Ultimak rail wil give you plenty of space to mount your gizmos. It'll work on factory Saigas, too.

i want at least 1, and maybe two......my 308 is gonna love that thing!....my 223 may get one as well.

• Like 1
Awesome, but I wanna know when someone will make a QD version. With the one posted, you have to unscrew it every time to clean and whatnot, right?

Almost every inexpensive US beryl rail design I've seen is screwed down to the butt stock tang. If you are resourceful, I'm sure you can figure out some way to make it "QD".

Maybe adapt a QD sling swivel part or something...

Oh wait, you said "clean it". You clean your AKs? :haha:

Edited by nalioth

Just a note...

DPH Arms now has a Beryl rail that mounts to the UTG tri-rail and does not require removal of the sight leaf. With a gas tube rail installed with it, you have a full length rail that you can still use your iron sights with. I looked thru the sights on one of Scotts AK's with the system installed. Pretty cool! :smoke:

Nice to see people coming up with these cool products for us.

Just a note...

DPH Arms now has a Beryl rail that mounts to the UTG tri-rail and does not require removal of the sight leaf. With a gas tube rail installed with it, you have a full length rail that you can still use your iron sights with.

Link, please? DPH's website is being a pain in the ass, I can't even find the first Beryl mount they put up...

Just a note...

DPH Arms now has a Beryl rail that mounts to the UTG tri-rail and does not require removal of the sight leaf. With a gas tube rail installed with it, you have a full length rail that you can still use your iron sights with.

Link, please? DPH's website is being a pain in the ass, I can't even find the first Beryl mount they put up...

http://dpharms.com/beryl-style-scope-mount-p-230.html

When I last heard from Scott, he was finalizing his design of beryl style rail v2.0 and said it'd be available shortly. The one in the link is v1.0 which he's out of stock on.

Awesome, but I wanna know when someone will make a QD version. With the one posted, you have to unscrew it every time to clean and whatnot, right?

Almost every inexpensive US beryl rail design I've seen is screwed down to the butt stock tang. If you are resourceful, I'm sure you can figure out some way to make it "QD".

Maybe adapt a QD sling swivel part or something...

Oh wait, you said "clean it". You clean your AKs? :haha:

the ad says the gun is still easily field stripped even without tools, so there may be some quick release afterall on that thing.......

if it is just a screw, then i think you are still going to need a tool of some sort eh?!

• 6 months later...
What Reoiv said! Is the rail fully secured in the picture? That looks awful flimsly with out riding on top of the dust cover.Not to mention not very asthetically pleasing.

The guy from whom I stole these pictures said he did not have it tightened down all the way.

None of the beryl type rails depend on contact with the top cover for stability. They are machined from a solid bar of steel and only depend on the rear sight block and rear stock tang.

Aesthetics? It's a Kalashnikov.

Save your pennies for one of these (when this was originally posted, DPH was out of Gen 1 rails (they ran through 'em like hotcakes) and their Gen 2 rails were nowhere in sight. . .)

Hello

This thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=28483&st=0

Has pic's of DPH's first gen. rail mounted on a .39. Those are the ones available from Gilberts. I think it fits a little closer to the receiver, and maybe looks a little sturdier, although it's made of aluminum, not steel. It also doesn't have the "sight notch" milled into it like the steel one previously pictured does.

Although I reckon being aluminum, I can just mount-up a smeg carbide blade in the ol' Unisaw and rip one in little by little.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Edited by guido2