any US made 10/30 magazines?

living in california i am limited to 10 round magazines...

does anyone know where to find US made 10/30 mags?

i just want that "pure evil" look. even if i'm limited to 10 rds.

Yes, I picked some up from promag. They are located in South Gate. Contact them I'm sure they will hook you up.

They are not US made but you can order 10/30s from coldwarshooters. Keep in mind 30rounders are still legal here in RPK as long as they are "preBan" ph34r.gif . you just cant go out and buy them here anymore, but they are still legal to possess. wub.gifwub.gif

Also as you may already know you have to watch your combination of "evil features" when you have a detachable mag (SB 23). I think our best bet is to:

1. Leave the montecarlo stock and replace the FCG with one of dinzag sporter fcg's(this will give you 3 US parts, with 1 to go)

2. Do a full conversion and remove the PG(unless you have big hands this one sucks) most rifles at the last fun show here had no pgs there were AK & WASRs of every kind it was surreal.

3. Do a full conversion and use the monster man grip. MM is not a PG as defined in SB23.

4. Do a full conversion and employ a bullet button. You don't have to muck with your mag release as you can slide it up over the mag release and torque it down with an Allen wrench & nut driver(2 tools ) the definition on detachable is a grey area. But it is still defined as not requiring a tool to remove.

Either way most ppl here would agree don't use your mags for compliance parts. Replace you FCG with either a sporter or standard setup. Then you will only need 1 more part for 922r .you could order a nice stock or HG from battlerifle or replace the gas piston.

Oh yeah and if you do happen to possess or find some pre ban hicaps lying around don't forget a bullet guide from Dinzag.

Lastly have fun with your conversion, wub.gif it will go quicker and easier than you think. The motto of this forum should be "You'll spend more time and energy reading our threads and worrying about mucking up your rifle than you will actually doing a conversion.

This thing in its sporter config was made to be converted! Because underneath its still an AK 000.gif

• 1 year later...

Yes, I picked some up from promag. They are located in South Gate. Contact them I'm sure they will hook you up.

w

Will Promag 10/30 mags fit in an unconverted 7.62. saiga? I have not been able to find any 10/30 mags already completed that will fit a stock saiga in 7.62...I have found someone who will convert Surefire mags if I get someone to buy them out of state, ship them to me, and I send them into him to block...it would be a lot easier if someone just made ones that would fit stock...

Whats with all the concern over looks lately?

Pro-Mag has a horrid rep that is well deserved. 10 rounders are fine and in fact better in many regards than 30s for target shooting or plinking, just use those from a decent US maker.

• Like 1

But 30 round mags look sooooo ugly without a pistol grip; all ungainly and stickin' out there. <_<

Factory mags are your cheap, reliable, little 10 round friends.

ii

Ive got Tapco pistol grip stock coming. I hear pro-mags are crap, that why I asked if anyone converts Surefires, or if amy other GOOD mags work in a 10/30 configuration in a 7.62. i'm going to add lots of 'evil features', just want the option to change things back without having to move the trigger forward. I dont think the Tapco pistolgrip/collapsable stock set looks bad with a big clip, If I get a 10/30 and lock it in, I can still have a cal legal gun that looks cool also...

Edited by icefire
  • 7 months later...

or make yer own, go to a site like cc tactical that sells rebuild kits, get some JB weld, and some blocks made by Solar tactical or magazineblock (dot)com (non-sponsor vendor) or parralex tactical, and glue up yer own for way cheaper....

Edited by icefire

US Palm makes a ten round US made magazine. While by all accounts these magazines are inferior to the Bulgairian Poly mags, they are likely the best of the US magazines.

I have heard some very bad things about those magazines. They have no metal reinforcements inside and shatter very easily, they seem like overpriced Tapco/pro-mags with a nazi-looking logo on them.... :unsure:

As far as making your own 10/30s, I am under the impression you guys can own "rebuild kits" in CA? If so, you should look into buying some metal 30 round rebuild kits, and then measure the body length and slap two rivets in there so it won't hold more than 10 rounds. Assuming rivets are considered an acceptable block method in your state.

Really though, I think you should just look into regular factory Saiga 7.62x39 magazines. They are very well built, quality magazines and a bunch of sites have them pretty cheap. Sure the 10/30's look "evil" but unless you've got 30 rounds the big body is just a disadvantage.

US Palm makes a ten round US made magazine. While by all accounts these magazines are inferior to the Bulgairian Poly mags, they are likely the best of the US magazines.

I have heard some very bad things about those magazines. They have no metal reinforcements inside and shatter very easily, they seem like overpriced Tapco/pro-mags with a nazi-looking logo on them.... :unsure:

As far as making your own 10/30s, I am under the impression you guys can own "rebuild kits" in CA? If so, you should look into buying some metal 30 round rebuild kits, and then measure the body length and slap two rivets in there so it won't hold more than 10 rounds. Assuming rivets are considered an acceptable block method in your state.

Really though, I think you should just look into regular factory Saiga 7.62x39 magazines. They are very well built, quality magazines and a bunch of sites have them pretty cheap. Sure the 10/30's look "evil" but unless you've got 30 rounds the big body is just a disadvantage.

Klassy,

The rivets are acceptable here if the floor plate is permanently affixed, like epoxied on or welded. The mags have to be permanently modified, can not be able to change them back without destroying the mag to be legal.

Some LEO's here still think anything that even LOOKS like a 30 rounder is illegal, so we have to be careful where we show even the legal 10/30's around Cali to not get harrassed.

I made a few myself to be legal, but dont use them much. I bought a metal riveted one first, from a calguns member, but the rivet was crooked and not all the way in. So, I made a few out of Tapco 30 "rebuild kits". I used a block epoxied in, then epoxied the floorplates on forever. A waste of a good 30 round mag, but, oh, well, have to be legal sometimes...

The kits are a joke, actually, as they open up the bag of a brand new mag, take the floor plate off, put it back in the bag, and ship them. It's legal to get 30's, 40's anything as a 'rebuild kit"...

Edited by icefire