I finally got me a 7.62 with the dimples and Y stamp coming to me, should be here next week and i'll post up pics, and maybe even put a little convert collage together, this gun is gonna get a TON of kewl tact. parts, it may not look like a AK when i'm done :ph34r:

BTW, anyone looking for the same kinda gun, i was informed that some distributors are getting in shipments from Russia with ALL the receivers stamped the same way...my gun is a new production one, so the new stuff may all look like that now....but thats just gossip ;)

Edited by Vultite
I finally got me a 7.62 with the dimples and Y stamp coming to me, should be here next week and i'll post up pics, and maybe even put a little convert collage together, this gun is gonna get a TON of kewl tact. parts, it may not look like a AK when i'm done :ph34r:

BTW, anyone looking for the same kinda gun, i was informed that some distributors are getting in shipments from Russia with ALL the receivers stamped the same way...my gun is a new production one, so the new stuff may all look like that now....but thats just gossip ;)

Ok, so I have seen enough and just have to know. What are these dimples everyone speaks of? What is the Y stamping?

Ok, so I have seen enough and just have to know. What are these dimples everyone speaks of? What is the Y stamping?

The dimples are indentions in the magwell opening to help against mag wobble and the Y stamp is where the 3rd hole for the auto sear pin would go. True mil spec receiver.

post-6703-1204281534_thumb.jpg

Would you mind posting if your pistol grip hole is pre-cut and if there is a box that is xed out on the right side of the receiver?

You can see the box on the receiver in the photo by Superhawk138.

Thank you,

louielouie

Congrats! Looking forward to all the pics

I got pretty close to the sales dept. at RSRGroup.com since they had shipped Leo a shipment of Dimpled & 3rd Y Stamped IZ-132s. They got their last shipment in on the 20th and they had no 3rd Y stamp and no mag dimples either :( Had the sales rep I was talking with(Angie, really nice lady very accommodating) put a note on my FFL's store front account to contact him when they get the next shipment it hoping the have Dimples and 3rd Y Stamps.

Sounds like your source got lucky. Can others purchase from your source?

well i got the last one from him, he got lucky and they just popped in, poor guy, he couldn't understand why he sold so many in a couple of days, i informed him and he's still learning, but getting there...i'll post up pics as soon as i get the gun in, probably not til early next week...hopefully its all correct, if not, its still a saiga, and its still gonna be a nice convert =D He said he's got more coming, but if their dimpled with the Y stamp i dunno....he's at

http://sansoneservices.com/Site/Home-1.html

He's a great guy,Gary..he's doing this has a retirement hobby...easy to work with, not interested in ripping people off, i bought the gun btw for 261.90.......before shipping and everything

EDIT: he did state that RSRgroup has gotten about a $75 per gun raise, i'm assuming from Saiga itself, and he says that price may be coming down the line to him soon =(

Edited by Vultite
The dimples really aren't that all important... the non-dimpled one's have little rails inside to keep the mag from wobbling anyway.

They just look better I think.

SuperHawk... is that your's??

No I wish it was though, very nice conversion with the side folder.

well i got the last one from him, he got lucky and they just popped in, poor guy, he couldn't understand why he sold so many in a couple of days, i informed him and he's still learning, but getting there...i'll post up pics as soon as i get the gun in, probably not til early next week...hopefully its all correct, if not, its still a saiga, and its still gonna be a nice convert =D He said he's got more coming, but if their dimpled with the Y stamp i dunno....he's at

http://sansoneservices.com/Site/Home-1.html

He's a great guy,Gary..he's doing this has a retirement hobby...easy to work with, not interested in ripping people off, i bought the gun btw for 261.90.......before shipping and everything

EDIT: he did state that RSRgroup has gotten about a $75 per gun raise, i'm assuming from Saiga itself, and he says that price may be coming down the line to him soon =(

Nice! I just bought a dimpled IZ-132 from Gary. Great guy. Was showing him images from threads here on how to identify the 3rd Y stamp etc.

yea, gary is a good guy =D he's always trying to keep more saigas in stock...and you know what, he's a small time dealer but finds ways to get saigas in stock over the bigger guys somehow...

I have been looking for one forever. Some please help me out :cryss: Ever since I wrote the thread on dimples and 3rd"y" everyone wants one and i cant seem to get one anywhere.

yea, gary is a good guy =D he's always trying to keep more saigas in stock...and you know what, he's a small time dealer but finds ways to get saigas in stock over the bigger guys somehow...

I have been looking for one forever. Some please help me out :cryss: Ever since I wrote the thread on dimples and 3rd"y" everyone wants one and i cant seem to get one anywhere.